10 Worst Ways To Behave At Concerts

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
5. Continually crowd surfing or slam dancing even though it's not that kind of show. You can only be dropped straight to the ground and then hoisted back up so many times by your fellow concert-goers before it gets exhausting for everyone involved. Some people are actually trying to enjoy themselves and not worry about getting an errant boot or elbow to the head while trying to gently guide you towards safety. Save it for Lollapalooza or some other monster UK festival. Ditto to people who mosh and slamdance at shows like Crystal Castles or Klaxons. Don't make me show you the black eye I got at a seemingly "tame" Malajube show.
http://blog.muchmusic.com/archives/2008/05/10_worst_ways_t.php

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Two things:

-Enthusiasm is great. Screaming like someone is stabbing you is not.

-Starting or participating in a clapping back-beat to a song that shouldn't have one is grounds for a beating.

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
11. Assuming that because we're here to see the same band I want to hear everything that happened every other time you've seen them in the past.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Spitting, vomiting, or emitting any sort of bodily fluid onto the floor by my feet so I have to watch that I don't step in it for the entire show.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*takes notes*

I've never been to a concert.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
*streaks through thread with pants on head*

I feel pretty, oh so pretty! I feel pretty, and witty and briiiiiiiiiight!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like I ain't missing much, I guess. :D

Would this be a bad thing to do?

*rips off tu-tu and streaks through thread, giggling and waving arms*

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Yelling requests for ANY song repeatedly. Once when I saw REM, this knob kept yelling, "Shiny happy people! SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE, man!"

Michael Stipe finally stopped playing and said: "I'm not a fucking jukebox."

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Spitting, vomiting, or emitting any sort of bodily fluid onto the floor by my feet so I have to watch that I don't step in it for the entire show.

I went to a Pink Floyd concert once, at Wembly stadium. Great unil someone didn't quite make it to the loo before they spewed all over the inside of my jacket.

I was not pleased.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
4. Yelling "PLAY FREE BIRD" at any point in any concert EVER.
LOL. We have a piano bar around here and about 3 years ago, I was there with my *very* drunk friend Ryan, who kept shouting to the jazz pianist, "Free bird! FREEEEEEE BIIIIIRRD" Followed by, "Who's drunk and has two thumbs? *dramatic pause* This guy!" Oy! Later, I found him asleep against the tire of his jeep. Yep.
1. Recording the show or incessantly taking photos with your cell phone.
Okay, it's not the same, but I just enjoyed bits and pieces of a very good concert via cell phone. Right. The sound quality wasn't like being there, but it wasn't bad and it made me wish I was there! :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Standing there virtually motionless and giving dirty looks to the guy next to you because he's cheering, laughing, having a good time, and -- HORROR OF HORRORS!! -- clapping in time with the music.

Srsly. This happened when I went to see the Go-Go's during their 2001 reunion tour. It's a freaking concert, people! The musicians like it when you show some sort of appreciation for their work! "No, I guess I'll just stand here and listen quietly. I can have fun just standing in place, without going 'woo' at the end of every song like this jerk --> next to me or clapping in time with the songs."

Or the time I went to see Bette Midler. You do not sit quietly for a Bette Midler show. Except for the slow songs. During intermission, the woman behind tapped me on the shoulder and said she was having just as much fun watching the show as she was watching my reaction. She was there with a friend who was going through a bout of chemo, and they both liked being surrounded by the good vibes. And then the woman sitting next to me piped up I was yelling too loud. So during the second act I kept yelling, except I cupped my hands around my mouth. :p

Last edited:

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Clap on the offbeat.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
- Eat chili and beans beforehand and then fart incessantly during the concert

- Making out and groping each other is not appropriate! Unless you're two women...

- Yelling lyrics into my ear will get a fist in your face

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
(secondary rules)

How NOT to get back stage...
Wear conservative clothing (if under 25)
Wear slutty clothing (if over 40)
Ask your friend who works for the parking garage next to the concert hall or the concession stand, or...
Ask a roadie you just met and thinks you're cute to get you backstage
A friend of a friend of a friend...
Your mother's boss as a reference
Offer the crew pot/cocaine/etc. Unless it's a Metallica concert, then definitely coke...Ooops, forgot they're clean now.
Offer the crew for a Prince concert a genuine all beef hamburger (actually that MIGHT work...)
Say "I'm with the band" (you're not. stop trying...)
Wear your smelly, ancient Motorhead concert tee, arrive so drunk you can't stand, yell "Free Bird" through the whole show, bug the lighting director with stupid questions, and ask "So dude...can I meet the band?"
Be a male at a Motley Crue or Kiss concert (or David Lee Roth or Kid Rock or...)
Be a female at a Rod Stewart Concert...just kidding
Enter through General Admission gates
Bring brown M&M's for Mariah Carey
Offer Celine Dion generic bottled water
Bring a Hamburger for Prince

Amy

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Never understand these guys who throw things at the band.

I've been to a couple of outdoor "events" (they're really not concerts) and the bands -- even the good ones! -- had to duck flying objects throughout every set.

Saw a bass player point at a guy once and say, "You. Yeah, you. Yeah, you, dude, right there in the red T-shirt. I saw you throw that. Meet me out back after the show. We'll be by the tour bus." After every song, the guy would pause, point at Red T-shirt, and remind him of this invitation.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Do punks wanting to show their appreciation still spit at band members? Lord, that was a disgusting trend.