PDA

View Full Version : TURKEY :D

jessicaorr
05-13-2008, 05:30 PM
A turkey just walked past my study window. He was so close I could have leaned out and touched him.

I've been so sick of living in the middle of nowhere, I forgot the things that made me want to live here in the first place.

Now where's my camera...

cletus
05-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Someone was just cutting the grass outside my office window. He was so close I could have reached out and smacked him. I wish I had.

Joycecwilliams
05-13-2008, 06:33 PM
A turkey just walked past my study window. He was so close I could have leaned out and touched him.

I've been so sick of living in the middle of nowhere, I forgot the things that made me want to live here in the first place.

Now where's my camera...

I live in the middle of nowhere too, we must be neighbors.. :)

Williebee
05-13-2008, 06:50 PM
There's a hawk that lives on the roof of one of the grade schools. Last week, for the educational benefit (?) of a group of third graders, it took a blue jay out of the air, pinned it to the ground, and ripped it apart.

Just before lunch.

cletus
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
There's a hawk that lives on the roof of one of the grade schools. Last week, for the educational benefit (?) of a group of third graders, it took a blue jay out of the air, pinned it to the ground, and ripped it apart.

Just before lunch.

What did it eat for lunch?

Maryn
05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Was it these guys?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3084/img1045hk7.jpg

Maryn, surprised at what lives in the suburbs

DWSTXS
05-13-2008, 07:32 PM
we used to have 2 Roadrunners that would come into our back yard. This is in Dallas Tx near a major highway.

They would walk around the back yard, come up on the patio, and look in through our sliding glass doors at the cats.

All 4 cats were afraid of them. They'd never seen birds that big before!

paprikapink
05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
We have great flocks of wild turkeys wandering around our neighborhoods. It's impressive to go out in the morning and have eight turkeys looking down on you from the neighbor's roof.

jessicaorr
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Maryn, what a great picture. My sister lives in town and occasionally has turkeys go through her yard. It really is amazing they're becoming so plentiful.

Williebee, wow. That would have been something to see. A hawk (or owl) took one of our bantie chickens last month but all I saw was a pile of feathers :-/

SpookyWriter
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought this was going to be about the country, Turkey.

Smiling Ted
05-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Last morning, I observed two junior agents outside my bedroom window, motionless in the early morning stillness, dew still frosting their Bluetools and glittering on their Venticinos.

Ahh, wilderness.

jessicaorr
05-14-2008, 04:07 AM
I thought this was going to be about the country, Turkey.

I can be.... Who wants to buy me a ticket to visit Turkey?