PDA

View Full Version : Third draft of first novel!

Zoombie
05-13-2008, 09:58 AM
I have just sunk a full year into my novel E.L.F and have finished the third draft! It's over 75% awesome! Now just FOUR scenes added and all around polishing...and I'm done!

DONE!

sharpierae
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Awesome, zoom!

xxxrae

RoccoMom
05-13-2008, 01:51 PM
That's great. I know how frustrating those drafts can get...

Calla Lily
05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
What's it about, Zoombie?

Just Me 2021
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats! Do your happy dance around your office! Then tell us what it's all about!

Saundra Julian
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Good for you, congratulations!

TheIT
05-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Congratulations, Zoombie! Looking forward to hearing more of it!

:partyguy:

Zoombie
05-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Ah...what's it about? Dangerous question, as I really really like gabbing about it ^_^

And thanks, all. I just need to add four scens to make the ending make more sense, cause I imagined the climax which was very painful to write, and then wrote it...and then realized that I needed a few build up scenes for it to make sense.

Now! Summery: It's half past the future and humanity has been spending the last thousand years living in the sewage systems of collassal planet eating space ship called Harbinger. Earth is a fading memory and life has been fairly, well, boring, for our hero, a young man named James Leonite junior. Son of a carieer diplomat, Jimmy is in the frustrating situation of having really good , if hardworking, parents. How is that frustrating?

They don't give him the huge allounce they could have. In fact, they give him NO allounce. That and they expect him to ace the Shipwide Placement Tests that every highschool senior have to take. Pfah! So, Jimmy has to study for the SPTs while earing enough money to buy that new computer. Thankfully his best freind, Pixel A-3 is more than willing to watch him work.

Pixel, Pix for short, is a pink haired E.L.F (Enhanced Life Form) with a qantum computer for a brain, antennas that stick out of her head like an old old old old T.V set and a really big heat. Big enough to stick with Jimmy while he mucks around in trash compactors, looking for spare parts he can sell for some cash. And if she can quizz him while he does it, then he can be all that more prepaired to flunk the SPT.

Cool. But then Jimmy finds a Data Crystal embedded in some ooze of a broken down trash compactor. And then life gets way too interestesting as two Xorquin assasins arrive out of the blue (well, gray actually, the ceilings are all kinda bland). Jimmy and Pix are chased up and down the length of Harbinger by the assasins, meeting various odd characters ranging from a monoslyabic gun-runner, a talking cat that runs a hotel and a psychopathic robot that learned to speak English by reading The Silence of the Lambs

And, though Jimmy and Pix don't know it...they are the only thing standing between a howling darkness and the rest of the galaxy.

Think of it as a cross between Star Wars, Terminator and the Goonies.

MsJudy
05-14-2008, 04:51 AM
I hope you remembered to set the scene then blow it up!

congrats. there's no better feeling than being almost-but-not-quite done. all the way done can be so lonely....

make sure you already have the first page of your next project waiting for you, so you don't get bored!

Zoombie
05-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Of course I blow it up. At the end, it almost blows up...but then it doesn't. And I've already got my next idea lined up good...good, I tells ya!