Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Let's talk hoops!

Will the Pistons close it out against the Magic tomorrow, or do you think there will be a Game 6?

Are the Spurs losing their sparkle?

Other thoughts, predictions, critiques? Bueller?

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
My Celtics are getting on my nerves...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Ya know... That ESPN thread really should be inside these walls. :)

Go CAVS!!!

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com

I'm surprised that they've struggled this much in the playoffs. Sure, they're winning games, but it seems to be taking so much effort! Not what I expected at all from them.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they've struggled this much in the playoffs. Sure, they're winning games, but it seems to be taking so much effort! Not what I expected at all from them.

Yeah. It's breaking my heart. :roll:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
YAY PISTONS!! And they didn't even have Chauncey Billups for the past two games!

Now I'm off to keep an eye on the Hornets-Spurs game.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Whoa, what the heck happened to the Spurs?! I couldn't stay up for the whole game. Was it as ugly as the final score seems to indicate?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
The Pistons have had an incredibly easy playoff schedule so far. Philly? Orlando? Puh-lease. Let's see how they do against Boston or Cleveland. It's mind-boggling how terrible Boston has been on the road, though. It'll be another sacrificial lamb coming out of the East this year.

My beloved Spurs got totally out-hustled in the third quarter again last night. Pop needed to call an earlier timeout and get them straightened out. They gave up on attacking the basket in the second half so they didn't draw fouls or break down the defense. They fell in love with the 3 pointer because of the first half. And the refereeing was terrible, but at least it was bad both ways. Tyson Chandler did not foul Parker on that pick. Oh well, we'll regroup and take game 6 and then game 7 will be epic.

I still don't get why people think Chris Paul is the 2nd best player in the NBA. He's a good point guard but I can think of about 15 guys I'd rather have on my team above him.

I'm really interested to see how Kobe plays with his back injury. Those things don't go away over night but he's a tough SOB with a full arsenal of weapons who can score from anywhere on the floor.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Boston and LA took care of business at home. I don't remember any playoff series in the last 20 years which has been so lopsided in favor of the home team. It's just weird.

So will the Lakers rest Kobe in game 6? I'm thinking they'll start him but might sit him after the first half if the game gets out of hand. If it's a close game I think he'll play the whole thing.

Spurs fight for their lives tonight. Go Spurs Go.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I look forward to watching the Spurs game. I really hope they pull through.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Heard at my house just now: "So there, Charles Barkley!"

Go Spurs!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

1-1, talps. My Pistons looked pretty good last night. Now y'all are coming to DEE-troit. And you gotta win one here. What's the word on the street in Beantown?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
1-1, talps. My Pistons looked pretty good last night. Now y'all are coming to DEE-troit. And you gotta win one here. What's the word on the street in Beantown?

Detroit is all heart and as much as I dig KG, the Celtics (and KG in particular) just don't have that killer instinct. They've got so much talent, but no heart. Detroit in 6.

Spurs look to steal a game tonight. If Manu hadn't run out of gas in the 3rd quarter, it'd already be 1-0 for the Spurs. If Bowen can keep out of foul trouble I think the Spurs should win this one easily tonight. Spurs in 6.

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score

I am purposely avoiding Boston newspaper websites today as though they were the Parquet Plague, so I don't know what the rags are sayin' about my team today. Pistons took it to 'em for sure last night, but I'm still optimistic. We did win one in Detroit during the regular season, and the Pistons dropped a home game to the 76ers earlier in the playoffs. Tall order to win there considering we're an oh-fer on the road in the playoffs thus far, but if we don't snag one, we don't deserve to go any deeper.

And Mel... Funny stuff. McCarty would indeed make a good Piston.

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
Celtics! KG is one of the nicest men in the biz, and I have to root for him. If we could see Celtics/Lakers, that would be my dream final.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
What the heck is up with the Spurs? They looked awful last night!

Any predictions for the Pistons/Celtics series?