Is Your Baby/Toddler Scared of Loud Noises?

klow

Registered
Reaction score
Need quotes from parents for an upcoming online article. What loud noises scare your baby/toddler? What do you do to help ease his/her fears? What places do you avoid besides fireworks shows? :)

Please email me directly at [email protected].

I will need to use your name, city and state.
Thanks so, so much!
Keath Low

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Oh dear dog. My son, who is now eight, was a very twitchy toddler. The slightest loud noise would set him off. Once a fire truck went past our house and he screamed for 45 minutes. Another time, a car next to us backfired and he cried for a good hour. It wasn't so much a case of fears, but more of a sensitivity and just being easily startled. You couldn't calm him down at ALL.

Thankfully, he outgrew it around the time he learned to talk.

The funny part was that his twin sister was the most mellow, happy baby ever. Heck, she didn't even cry until she was six months old.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
klow, usually children as infants become use to loud noises, vaccuming, phone--dog barking... I'd be getting a little check-up for his ears, just to rule out fluid build-up. etc...

klow

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Patti and Kimmi!
Anyone else have babies and toddlers afraid of loud noises....

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Large basketball--football games scared mine--when the buzzer went off etc...

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
Our oldest was always afraid of the vacuum. We got into the routine of DH vacuuming while I sat and played with her in another room. She's the one who jabbers about everything and doesn't know what silence is! She has always been the one exploring and getting into, onto, around, and under stuff, no matter what noise it makes. In fact, the more noise the better. It was only the vacuum.

Our youngest, now a toddler, isn't afraid of the vacuum or loud noises, yet she's a light sleeper. These two prove you can't assume anything.