On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Which ones? Which ones?

"Mike, I'm going to grab a stepladder so you can jump up my butt!" (From the Kabuki/Noh Theater bumper within Prince of Space (IIRC).

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
0110 - Robot Holocaust
0401 - Space Travelers
0601 - Girls Town
0602 - Invasion USA + (short) A date with your family
0803 - The Mole People
0818 - Devil Doll
0903 - The Puma Man
0910 - Final Sacrifice
0909 - Gorgo
1008 - Final Justice

and Shorts Vol. 3

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
0110 - Robot Holocaust Oh, yes! So bad it's great!
0401 - Space Travelers If that's the one with Gregory Peck (perhaps) it's one of the few movies I thought was too good to be MST'd. But JMO, natch!
0601 - Girls Town Don't have it.
0602 - Invasion USA + (short) A date with your family Don't have it.
0803 - The Mole People Crow: "Movie, I'm not a praying man, but if you can hear me, please kill John Agar!" Terrific.
0818 - Devil Doll Hysterically funny.
0903 - The Puma Man A bimbo, Donald Pleasance as an insane dictator wannabe, and a weenie "hero" who should be smeared with honey and fed to fire ants. A great time.
0910 - Final Sacrifice One of my all-time favorites! "Rowsdower, Bowsdower, bobbidy boobidity Mowsdower, mobbity, moobity Zowsdower!"
0909 - Gorgo Anything with Ray Harryhausen animation rocks.
1008 - Final Justice Not a fan of this movie, but I recall that the riffs were good.

and Shorts Vol. 3

Enjoy!

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I really loved the earlier seasons with Joel and early Mike. It wasn't until after it made its switch to Sci Fi and when Dr. Forrester left that I kind of stopped watching. Usually when I turned on Sci Fi it was one that I had already seen. I just could not get into the Mrs. Forrester and the apes and whatever those other guys were supposed to be.

But I still have a huge box of tapes that I periodically open and watch. I loved those day-long Turkey Day marathons, back when they had a running storyline.

Did anyone see the MST3K college tour? I did. They showed the Zombie Nightmare episode in a theater.

Did anyone go to either convention? I went to the first one.

allen

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think the only one of those movies I have seen was Girls Town. Thanks for the input! :)

I think my fave episode is The Screaming Skull or Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (out of the ones that I have).

go to cheepnis.com to get ANY of the MST3K movies! You can get 10 movies for $55!

No conventions here. :(

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Okay, ccarver, I succumbed. My excuse was that my very old copies of The Hunam Duplicators AND The Undead were bitmapping and jerking.

So I bought these:

DEVIL FISH
MIGHTY JACK
HERCULES AND THE CAPTIVE WOMEN
THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE
THE UNDEAD
THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING...
ALIEN FROM L.A.
THE HUMAN DUPLICATORS
MANHUNT IN SPACE
EARTH VS. THE SPIDER

I actually haven't seen Alien from LA, Mighty Jack, Earth vs., Manhunt, and that Hercules one. The others I haven't seen in years. Whee!

Straka

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danstraka.blogspot.com
Watching Cave Dwellers now.

"Tolkien couldn't follow this plot!"

My fave moment is when Miles O'Keeffe soars in on a hang glider. Talk about anachronism!

Even thought he's dead, I still feel like he's loading us down...

I think I have taped all the eps from the 7th and 8th season. And I saw in the movie in a theater and I actually can say I am a card carrying member of the MST3K club... wow that sounded dorky even to me.

You can still get all the great MST3K humor, now for big Hollywood movies:

http://www.rifftrax.com/

Last edited:

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
OBSCURE-ness

This was a local show before it went national and then went cult. What you don't realize that there are a lot of obscure local jokes in the dialogue. Some are obscure even if you live here in the Twin Cities.

My favorite: In one of the movies (I can't remember which one) an extra walks across the screen. The robot comments, "Look! There's Wally Swan." I you worked in local politics in the 1980s, you knew that Wally Swan was the auditor for life (he was the only one who ever ran for this position) of the Minneapolis DFL (Democratic Farmer Labor Party aka the Democrats.) But, I knew. And, yes, it did look just like Wally Swan.:roll:

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
My daughter and I watched all them for years in Minnesota and loved them all. Now all-grown-up, she still loves them. My proudest parenting achievement.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Okay, ccarver, I succumbed. My excuse was that my very old copies of The Hunam Duplicators AND The Undead were bitmapping and jerking.

So I bought these:

DEVIL FISH
MIGHTY JACK
HERCULES AND THE CAPTIVE WOMEN
THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE
THE UNDEAD
THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING...
ALIEN FROM L.A.
THE HUMAN DUPLICATORS
MANHUNT IN SPACE
EARTH VS. THE SPIDER

I actually haven't seen Alien from LA, Mighty Jack, Earth vs., Manhunt, and that Hercules one. The others I haven't seen in years. Whee!

The only one of those that I have seen is The Incredibly Stange Creatures... it is HORRIBLE. It's like everyone took a hit of acid then decided to make a movie. You'll see the infamous "Ortega"!!!
Did you buy these from cheepnis.com?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The only one of those that I have seen is The Incredibly Stange Creatures... it is HORRIBLE. It's like everyone took a hit of acid then decided to make a movie. You'll see the infamous "Ortega"!!!
Did you buy these from cheepnis.com?

Yes. Already got the "Your order is being processed" email. I can't wait! I can't! Oh, yeah... I have to. AUGH!

I remember The Incredibly Strange Creatures from the TV broadcast, but not much of it. So that's where Ortega appeared. But he'll never hold a candle to Torgo.

I highly recommend The Undead. Roger Corman at his best. Or worst, as the case may be. I love Corman movies.

Have you seen Robot Monster? I own an old 3-D print--it's great even without the MST treatment. The monster is a guy in a gorilla suit with a diving bell on his head. And his terrifying creation is--the "Million Bubble Machine." Yes, the machine gets credit!

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I have 99% of all the episodes on tape, from the middle of season two (I hadn't heard of it before then) until the end. Three eps per tape, including the commercials. One of these days those alone should be placed in some type of weird time capsule. Must have a couple hundred of those rascals. Yeah, I'm a Mistie. But I don't care. "And I didn't steal no bike neither!"

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Torgo is god. LOL I love when Mike pretends to be him at the end. Wahoo!

I haven't seen Robot Monster. I HAVE heard of that description before though. LOL

I got my "your order has been shipped" on Saturday and got them on Monday! There is a chatboard at http://www.mst3k.org It is almost dead- I'd love to see some of you over there! I am "I gained an ounce" from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. LOL

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
No; it's been off the air forever. Mike and the guys who voiced the Bots did a stint as "The Film Crew"--I have 3 of those DVDs. (Wild Women of Wongo--"Dance!") Now they do comment tracks for current films. Their website is called rifftrax. you can see/hear 1-2 minute samples on YouTube.