PDA

View Full Version : My younger sister graduates from Grad School next week

underthecity
05-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah, my younger sister is going to be a Ph.D. in a couple of weeks. She will be Dr. Singer. She goes to University of Nevada in Reno.

My older sister graduated from UCLA a few years ago with a Ph.D. She was Dr. Singer number one. She is now a research scientist at City of Hope, LA, doing a fellowship. She's also married with three small kids.

My younger sister is also married, and her husband is a great guy with a computer degree. Julie's already interviewed at three different cities for a Jury Consultant. She's into criminology psychology. I don't understand it very much.

So of us three kids, my two sisters are the most successful. I barely scraped through college, have a degree I don't use, and wire big machines for a living, and work seven day weeks. And I write, I guess that counts for something.

Sigh. Why couldn't I have the brains instead of the good looks? :)

allen

CDarklock
05-12-2008, 05:30 AM
You do. You knew enough to stay out of graduate school. ;)

underthecity
05-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah . . . but sometimes I wish I had furthered my education. Julie got into the NCIS and Profiler thing long before those shows were conceived. Now they're the Hot Thing and she's jumping right into a promising career.

Ah well. Life.

allen