PDA

View Full Version : So you'd rather believe some anonymous internet person than your own niece? (rant)

xiph
05-11-2008, 08:35 PM
[deleted]

CDarklock
05-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm frequently in a similar position with my wife. We'll be sitting around talking, and the conversation will go like this:

Her: "I need to lose weight."
Me: "You should try nutrient timing. The way it works is blah blah blah."
Her: "Yeah, whatever. Sounds crazy to me."

-- three weeks pass --

Her: "I just got the greatest advice from this girl I know online! Have you ever heard of nutrient timing? The way it works is blah blah blah! This sounds great! I'm going to try it!"
Me: "I told you about that last month. You said it sounded crazy."
Her: "No you didn't. This is a great idea. If you had told me about it last month, I would have done it."

Then I have to resist strangling her.

Snowstorm
05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
xiph: it's awful how we trust someone else over relatives. I've seen it with my husband and told him something and he say basically, "yeah, right." Then a trusted neighbor (HGTV, etc. will tell him the same thing and it's, "oh really?!"

Losers who make us such tripe such as what you ran into, if they can be tracked down, should be held liable. Info like that can get something killed. Pathetic.

Smiling Ted
05-11-2008, 09:57 PM
So you'd rather believe some anonymous internet person than your own niece?

Well....yes.
Haven't met my niece, have you?

Williebee
05-11-2008, 10:03 PM
and so, the niece sets out to become an anonymous internet source, and thus take over the family!!!!

HeronW
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
and those chain letters: 'To get a free blessing pass onto 10 people in 10 seconds or at the 10th hour of the 10th day, 10 myopic PMSing lady waterbuffaloes (buffaloettes?) will pass 10 x through your living room leaving a 10' wide path 10' high of wb poop.' yeah, right.

kristie911
05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
and those chain letters: 'To get a free blessing pass onto 10 people in 10 seconds or at the 10th hour of the 10th day, 10 myopic PMSing lady waterbuffaloes (buffaloettes?) will pass 10 x through your living room leaving a 10' wide path 10' high of wb poop.' yeah, right.

They won't...are you sure? I don't know, I read on the internet they will. You're sure they won't? Maybe I'd better forward it just in case...here you go.

:tongue