PDA

View Full Version : TMI Time

tjwriter
05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Pregnancy makes my allergies twice as bad. I forgot to take my allergy pill today and slept on the floor of my daughter's room last night. So, I have enough snot for three people.

Thank you. That is all.

Stew21
05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh the fun pregnancy stuff. I sleep on the floor of the kids' room often, but I can't imagine doing it pregnant. Poor TJ!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you for sharing. :)

ETA: Stew beat me to the next post!

tjwriter
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh the fun pregnancy stuff. I sleep on the floor of the kids' room often, but I can't imagine doing it pregnant. Poor TJ!

It wouldn't have been so bad, but it got freakin' cold last night, and I didn't have a blanket with me that properly covered my body. Piper insisted we sleep on the pile of pillows next to her bed.

I'm starting to feel better. My allergy pill is starting to work, so hopefully I'll be feeling like myself soon.

Stew21
05-10-2008, 05:01 PM
We slept on the living room floor last night. Camp out.
By this morning, Jack was kicking me, had stolen my pillow and my blanket all for himself. When I got up off the floor at 6 this morning my bones popped, muscles creaked and I hobbled to the coffee pot.
Jack has allergies, so he woke up with enough snot for three people.

It sounds like we had a similar experience. ;)

tjwriter
05-10-2008, 05:11 PM
It sounds like we had a similar experience. ;)

Sounds like it.

I was really hoping to get a good night's sleep, too. Instead I was up and down all night with her. She's not been feeling herself the last couple of days.

Fun with kiddos.

Silver King
05-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Have you ever tried a Neti Pot, TJ? Some folks around here swear (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84276) by their usefulness in clearing sinuses.

Old Hack
05-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I have a Siamese cat whose nose was broken in a road accident (Mabel, over there in my avatar), which has left her with a perpetually runny nose. She creeps up to me in the middle of the night and snots at me while I'm asleep, then clambers under the covers and goes to sleep.

She is still less of a nuisance than my children.

tjwriter
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Have you ever tried a Neti Pot, TJ? Some folks around here swear (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84276) by their usefulness in clearing sinuses.

I have a Neti Pot, but when I clean it and get it ready for use, Piper always climbs up on the counter and does something to make it disgusting again. I get tired of having to try to clean all the time.

Maryn
05-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Somewhere there's a poor family that doesn't have enough snot. Won't you help them? Give generously.

Maryn, in PSA mode

Soccer Mom
05-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Oh, poor Tori. I slept in my own bed, but still woke up with a kid's knees in my back. He had a bad dream about a giant python.