Ever Toss Rocks On Your Head?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
When I was a kid my neighborhood pals and I used to whittle away the long summer days by tossing rocks in the air and letting them clunk us on the head. We also bit holes in the shoulders of each other's shirts while growling like beasts, especially when the moon was out. Was wondering if anybody else has done something silly, either as a kid or adult?

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, we used to throw rocks at other kids heads.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
We did that in high school with those big 'ol pine cones. You stand in a circle, count to three and throw them up in the air, then stare at each other. Anyone who looks up or covers his head gets pelted by everyone else. Man I miss pine cones.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Oh yeah, and we'd play War (the card game) for punches in the arm. Each time you had a lower card, you got punched in the arm, hard.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Anis, when my cousins and I were little (real young) we used to squish fire-flies and smear thier nice, shiny insides on our faces and arms and dart out into oncoming traffic on a slow-going side street after dark.

I know, I know...what can I say, we were raised by barbarians that had little use for little kids.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'll take a slug bug...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I split my one brother's head open by throwing a rock in the air. I made them all believe it was my other brother who threw the rock. Brother 1 had to get several stitches. Brother 2 lived almost 20 years thinking he threw the rock.

Then I wrote a memoir piece about the incident and had it accepted by CBC Radio Canada... then I recorded it in their studios and it played on the air. That rock lie made me a few hundred bucks.

Throw your rocks, kiddies... throw your rocks.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
We used to throw darts up to stick them in the ceiling. My brother got tired of climbing on chairs to get them down. So, he tied a string to his.

Throw, stick, yank. Throw, stick, yank.
Throw, stick, yank, stick, scream.

In the words of my grandmother: "That boy's not right."

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
We used to jump out of the barn loft, trying to hit the haystack and hoping somebody remembered to move the pitchfork.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
No. But I'd happily toss a bucket full on Kevin's head. Is there a sign-up sheet, somewhere?

You know what I like about you, Robieiaiaieiaeiaieiaiieieiaieiaeiaei? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's liberating, really.