PDA

View Full Version : What are the reputation levels?

JennaGlatzer
04-07-2005, 12:05 PM
User is infamous around these parts: -999999

User isn't playing nicely with others: -30

User has shown some questionable behavior: -10

User is an unknown quantity at this point: 0

User is on a distinguished road: 10

User is well-respected: 50

User has a spectacular aura: 80

User is a shiny, shiny jewel: 125

User is a glorious beacon of light: 175

User is a splendid one to behold: 250

User has earned our admiration: 300

User leaves trails of profuse coolness: 400

User should run for President: 500

User has a golden reputation: 600

User has a double-platinum reputation: 700

User is better than ice cream with hot fudge: 800

User is a candidate for sainthood: 900

User is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments: 1000

JennaGlatzer
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Eventually I'll need more rep levels, so feel free to make suggestions. :)

rich
04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
User walks on water: 1200

User defies gravity: 1400

User's aura encompasses keyboard: 1600

reph
04-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Jenna, that can't be right. I'm a beacon with points between 125 and 175.

JennaGlatzer
04-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Reph: You have 237 points. I just checked. Where are you looking?

reph
04-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Reph: You have 237 points. I just checked. Where are you looking?
I wasn't looking at the hundreds digit, that's for sure. Sorry.

Wendy, the scale is the silvery mushroomy-looking thing between the circle and the triangle to the left of anyone's post, near the bottom. (Look closely and it's a scale with two pans.) Clicking on it brings up a window where you can give or take away a point.

A person who has 100 points gets a second green square and gives out points two at a time.

Poppy
04-08-2005, 07:33 AM
BTW, Jenna, when maestrowork's points reach 400, you need to change his to "User leaves puddles of profuse coolness."

:roll:

sgtsdaughter
04-08-2005, 07:47 AM
BTW, Jenna, when maestrowork's points reach 400, you need to change his to "User leaves puddles of profuse coolness."

:roll:

poppy,

you made me spit up diet coke again.

aruna
10-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey, KTC, I must be slower than you, because I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I just noticed the green jewels/boxes and noticed that they implied things, but how do you give them out to other people? :confused:

What are these green jewels? IO never saw a green jewel! It took me MONTHS before I discovered the reputation points feature, so sorry to those deserving who got none - I was ignorant! Is there a way to tell somebody's rep?
I am still ignorant!

Unique
10-01-2005, 04:08 PM
- beloved aruna, you are a shiny, shiny jewel. Point thy cursor at the 'o' in the word 'posts'. All shall be revealed!

aruna
10-01-2005, 04:49 PM
- beloved aruna, you are a shiny, shiny jewel. Point thy cursor at the 'o' in the word 'posts'. All shall be revealed!

Wah! Nothing happens! You mean the word posts underneath the poster's name? Wah! Wah!:cry: :confused: :confused:

Cathy C
10-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Wah! Nothing happens! You mean the word posts underneath the poster's name? Wah! Wah!:cry: :confused: :confused:

Okay, here's how it works (after long efforts at finding it myself when I first found this thread! ;) )

Move your mouse cursor so that the tip of the arrow is directly beneath the "P" in "Posts" (under the person's Avatar and Join Date.) Move it around in tiny little circles, stopping often. A pop up box will appear when you stop at just the right spot to tell you the person's ranking. Good luck! :D

Pat~
10-01-2005, 07:24 PM
I wasn't looking at the hundreds digit, that's for sure. Sorry.

Wendy, the scale is the silvery mushroomy-looking thing between the circle and the triangle to the left of anyone's post, near the bottom. (Look closely and it's a scale with two pans.) Clicking on it brings up a window where you can give or take away a point.

A person who has 100 points gets a second green square and gives out points two at a time.

Reph, I'm so glad you told me what that mushroom really was. (I always thought it was a bomb.)

P.S. What/where is the 'second green square'??

paprikapink
10-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Okay, here's how it works (after long efforts at finding it myself when I first found this thread! ;) )

Move your mouse cursor so that the tip of the arrow is directly beneath the "P" in "Posts" (under the person's Avatar and Join Date.) Move it around in tiny little circles, stopping often. A pop up box will appear when you stop at just the right spot to tell you the person's ranking. Good luck! :D

Once upon a time there was a shiny new land with shiny new people who traded in kindess and helpfulness and amusement. Their wealth in these riches was reflected in poetic slogans and mysterious multiplying blobs. It was a happy place in a happy time.

So, that didn't last, natch. Too much joy and happiness. Tsk tsk. Some denizens had so much reflection of their wealth that their neighbors wondered if there was really any kindness or helpfulness or amusement over there or just a lotta mirrors. And then those neighbors wanted more reflection too. So much currency was in circulation that it seemed as though the shiny new land was in a tornado of relected wealth. It shone no longer with all that swirling and blobby build-up.

The time came for the Folks Who Run The Joint to restore peace and order to the shiny new land. So they did. They pulled a shade over the reflection of the wealth in the land. Tranquility reigned once more.

Since those days, the land has grown and matured and is now a rich and fertile place. But if you shade your eyes (as Cathy C has described, above) and look with love in your heart, you can see a soft shadow of the riches the people of the land posess.
:heart:

aruna
10-01-2005, 07:59 PM

EUREKA! You have a spectacular aura!

aruna
10-01-2005, 08:12 PM
However, I still don't see any jewels. Someone said they saw jewels.....

johnnysannie
10-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks! I finally understand what all the little gizmos on posts mean....and I will also gladly begin recognizing excellent posts!

rich
10-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Just y'all keep in mind that in the scheme of things rep points don't pay the rent.

aruna
10-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Thanks! I finally understand what all the little gizmos on posts mean....and I will also gladly begin recognizing excellent posts!

What little gizmos? I don't see gizmos, jewels, boxes or anything else!

Julie Worth
10-02-2005, 02:04 AM
What little gizmos? I don't see gizmos, jewels, boxes or anything else!

You came in after some people went crazy, and Jenna took away all the jewels.

rich
10-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Really, they were cheap baubles, bought with...well...cheap baubles.

aruna
10-02-2005, 09:35 AM
You came in after some people went crazy, and Jenna took away all the jewels.

Oh, I see. Like - costume jewellery? Plastic pearls?

reph
10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
They were small green squares ("blobs" in earlier threads), one for each 100 rep points up through 500 points and then, I think, one for each 200 additional points, but a brighter green. The management made them invisible because people were lusting madly after rep points and falling into decadent behavior in the worship of the Precious Green Square. They're still there, though. They're what you point at to find "____ is a shiny, shiny jewel" or "____ has a spectacular aura."

If there's more than one square, you can point farther to the right and still get the member's rating. The squares are laid out in a row.

Currently, ordinary members can give only one point at a time. Jenna and ChunkyC give ten at a time.

aruna
10-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Very interesting. They are really well hidden. It took me an age to find the hidden message. Just as it took me an age to find the rep point thingy at all!

rich
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I got a ten pointer from Jenna once--ever since, I'm sure she's been ruing that day.

robeiae
10-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Jenna and ChunkyC give ten at a time.
Or take ten away, not that I would know...

Rob :)

mkcbunny
10-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Once upon a time there was a shiny new land ...
Wow. That was like a bedtime story. Thanks.

aruna
10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
wheee! Today I became a Glorious Beacon of Light!

macandal
10-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Don't know what you guys are talking about. Can't find them.

Tiaga
10-18-2005, 01:25 AM
I posted this today in announcements.....cause I just did ok?

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=363769#post363769

now I don't feel so bad. kinda er maybe

paprikapink
10-18-2005, 02:35 AM
wheee! Today I became a Glorious Beacon of Light!

Girl, you have always been a glorious beacon of light! Just now you have a secret little pop-up tagline thingie that says so.

Storyteller5
10-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Question: Can I view any comments made if people have given me karma (reputation)?

Birol
10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Go into your User Control Panel (User CP in the list of menu options up top) to see your reputation points and the comments people have left for you.

JohnJStephens
10-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Go into your User Control Panel (User CP in the list of menu options up top) to see your reputation points I think these reputation points are a load of crap. All they do is encourage posters to make politically correct helpful posts, and encourage a mutual recognition love-fest, where people award reputation points to another. A bit like PA book reviews, in fact.

Now if people do not SEE who gives them reputation points (this info would be only available for Jenna) then they would be a little more useful. But until then, they are as valuable as the special paper hats that McDonald's awards their employees of the month.

awatkins
10-28-2005, 06:25 PM
And that's exactly why everything on the boards was made invisible (no more green blobs, no shiny rep levels, no nothing), and why one must look in one's own User CP to read the comments.

JohnJStephens
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
And that's exactly why everything on the boards was made invisible (no more green blobs, no shiny rep levels, no nothing), and why one must look in one's own User CP to read the comments.I take your point about the green blobs etc, and maybe it is a bug in the vBulletin message board software which allows users to 'get at' the reputation by positioning the cursor in precisely the right place.

But the genie is out of the bottle now, so 'getting at' the reputation in this way is what AW users are doing. Which is hardly surprising, because it is rather entertaining. As soon as I heard of this system, I confidently checked out one member of this forum, expecting to see Should be interned or something similar, float before my eyes. But, instead, what do I see? Something along the lines of shining jewel. Bloody hell!!!

Now, I didn't need to be an Einstein to realize that if this member was a shining jewel, then I was the Queen of Sheba. Something else must be afoot, and the answer was easy to find. Reputations are not only related to the points received, it is also related to factors such as number of posts, and time spent on this forum.

Finally, reputation will have an influence whether user CP is private or not. No-one likes to receive lots of negative reputation points (apart from me, I really couldn't give a sh*t) when they fire up AW. I suspect that a few members of this forum view their CP (say, every morning) with considerable trepidation. These members may tailor some posts because of this trepidation, rather than simply posting according to house rules.

Birol
10-28-2005, 09:09 PM
John, you don't have any validation for the comments you are making, other than you don't agree with the reputation-level of a person you do not like.

I strongly suggest you don't try to revamp the entire board to your personal liking. As has been indicated before, AW is very tolerant of differing viewpoints. Don't try to stir up trouble just for the sake of it.

JohnJStephens
10-28-2005, 11:51 PM
John, you don't have any validation for the comments you are making,I am not criticizing the policy of the site. There is nothing wrong with making reputation points dependent on time served, or number of posts, in addition to member feedback. But this must be transparent.

Are you saying that I am wrong?

Perks
10-29-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm confused. Do you really think that there are many members here who'd rather their rep point count go up than state their opinion, ask a question, answer a question or talk about writing? Are you really ticked off about this? That's remarkable. If there are a few rep point hounds out there, then I guess theyll get the reward they're seeking while the rest of us enjoy the purpose of these boards. I can't see the point in wasting adrenaline getting bunched up over it.

robeiae
10-29-2005, 12:03 AM
But this must be transparent.

Are you saying that I am wrong?
No, just not willing to look.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_new_faq_item

Cathy C
10-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I guess I'm not also clear on your concern, John. There are two different types of reputation. One is based on length of time and number of posts (On a Distinguished Road, Super Member, etc.) that appears under a person's avatar. The other is the invisible words that are based (as I understand it) SOLELY on user comments. Now, I've only been here since June of this year. I've racked up nearly 850 posts, which hasn't done one thing for my "shiny, shiny jewel" ranking. Those came from the 130 people who have sent me a nice note telling me that they appreciated my advice. I'm glad I was able to help them, since the goal here IS advice, from authors, publishers, editors, agents and everyone in between to those seeking help. What can be more transparent? :Shrug:

macandal
10-29-2005, 12:15 AM
User is infamous around these parts: -999999

User isn't playing nicely with others: -30

User has shown some questionable behavior: -10

User is an unknown quantity at this point: 0

User is on a distinguished road: 10

User is well-respected: 50

User has a spectacular aura: 80

User is a shiny, shiny jewel: 125

User is a glorious beacon of light: 175

User is a splendid one to behold: 250

User has earned our admiration: 300

User leaves trails of profuse coolness: 400

User should run for President: 500

User has a golden reputation: 600

User has a double-platinum reputation: 700

User is better than ice cream with hot fudge: 800

User is a candidate for sainthood: 900

User is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments: 1000

I don't understand this. How do you get them? Where do you see them? Someone said that if you run your cursor over a letter under your screen name you can see them (they pop up!). I tried it and didn't work. I'm confused.

scarletpeaches
10-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I only recently worked out what rep points were, and have just noticed some luvverly messages left for me, so apologies to people - I haven't been ignoring you, I do appreiate your points, and I'll try to remember to share out my rep points! This is the first board of which I've been a member that deals in these, so it's hard to remember they exist!

Cathy C
10-29-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't understand this. How do you get them? Where do you see them? Someone said that if you run your cursor over a letter under your screen name you can see them (they pop up!). I tried it and didn't work. I'm confused.

You are "On a Distinguished Road" macandal. Here's what you do to see it. Take the VERY tippy-tip point of your cursor arrow and pretend that there's another line of text beneath where it says

Place the cursor where a letter would appear under the "P" in Posts. A small yellow pop-up box will appear when the cursor has STOPPED moving. You might have to shift it a bit from side to side and up and down just a fraction, but once the cursor has STOPPED, you'll see it! :D

scarletpeaches
10-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Is there any way to find out how many points you have, or do you just see what your reputation level is?

JohnJStephens
10-29-2005, 12:35 AM
There are two different types of reputationI do not believe that you are correct (I have just received a new batch of NEPAT happy pills, so I am being nice again). vBulletin forums, of which this is one, only have one reputation. But these forums also have user ranks. Ranks are based on the number of posts, reputations are more complex. They may be based only on points received from other members, but Jenna may, at her discretion, introduce other factors, such as the elapsed time since registration, and the number of posts.

The message I am talking about, shining jewel, is reputation, not rank.

For more info, see http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/main/reputation

Now if a moderator pops up here and says 'John, what you say is wrong. Reputations on AW are based purely on the opinions of other people' then I will accept it. This is too trivial a matter to fight over, even if I think the reputation system really sucks. That's just my opinion, after all.

But saying 'John, you are wrong' is not the same as saying 'you have nothing to validate your comments'.

awatkins
10-29-2005, 12:37 AM

Mcandal, to see your rep comments and points, go into your User CP and look down the page until you see the words "Last Reputation Received." Your point total is listed there, along with all the nice comments people have left for you. You can also see which posts they commented on, as well as who left the comment, and the date.

For the other: look under your avatar. See where it says Join Date, Location and Posts? Hover your cursor just below the P or the O in posts and a line will pop up. It may take a second to find it, but it's there. :)

Ooops, Cathy, we must have been posting at the same time! ;)
Scarletpeaches, here's the info you wanted. Look up. lol

Cathy C
10-29-2005, 01:21 AM
by JohnJStephens: Now if a moderator pops up here and says 'John, what you say is wrong. Reputations on AW are based purely on the opinions of other people' then I will accept it.
Look under my name, darlin' . . . ;) If you look at the top of the forum page, you'll see the farthest left link in the blue bar that says "User CP" Click on that link and you'll go to your Control Panel. When it pops up, on the left, you'll see your editing abilities for signature, avatar, etc. In the center/right, you'll see Subscribed Threads and Reputation Comments. In the blue bar, it will say "Latest Reputation Received." This number DIRECTLY correlates to the "User is on a distinguished road" "User is well-respected" etc. I was "well-respected" until just a few days ago, when I reached 125 reputation points and raised to "shiny, shiny jewel". Now, moderators can award more than one reputation point per comment (2 of them) and Super Moderators can award 10 points per comment. But that's it. No time lengths, no number of posts. Now, I will say that older members who were from the time of frantic accumulation of points will have abnormally high scores, but the moderators felt that it wouldn't be fair to rob them of everything -- even points that were well-deserved, so they stayed the same after the switch to "invisible."

Does that make sense?

DeniseK
10-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Get a life, dude. Take the kudos when they come, pass em out when you feel moved, and just, well, don't make a big deal out of a harmless thing that makes most of us smile in a profession where positive reinforcement is hard to come by.

scarletpeaches
10-29-2005, 01:40 AM
In the center/right, you'll see Subscribed Threads and Reputation Comments. In the blue bar, it will say "Latest Reputation Received."

I don't have that. I think. :(

Sarita
10-29-2005, 01:59 AM
For a bit of history, check out this thread:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11480&highlight=reputation

Basically the entire purpose of the rep system now is just to tell someone you appreciate their post and to leave them a nice little comment. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you can see where people rank is irrelevant. It's not used to "rank" members or to judge how worthy their advice is.

robeiae
10-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Sara, you're so great, I can't think of an appropriate compliment.

Sarita
10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Sara, you're so great, I can't think of an appropriate compliment. I'd rather not say anything about you and hot fudge publically. ;)

JohnJStephens
10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Now, moderators can award more than one reputation point per comment (2 of them) and Super Moderators can award 10 points per comment.Correct.

But that's it. If you say so.

But maybe we should leave it there, unless you want to go through the manual at http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/main/reputation with me, line by line :)

Birol
10-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks everyone for stepping in here.

Only one correction, only admins (Jenna and Charlie) can award 10 points per comment; supermods have the same rep point restrictions as mods and everyone else.

John, you said you would let this matter drop if a mod assured you that reputations were based solely on the opinions of other people and had nothing to do with rating or raking or proving who belonged here or any other such nonsense. Multiple mods have done so. Please do as you promised and go find another thread in which to muddy the waters with your particular brand of insights.

JohnJStephens
10-29-2005, 12:44 PM
John, you said you would let this matter drop OK

Actually, this RP system first attracted my attention when I had my very public run-in with national treasure Jaws, and incurred the wrath of ninety percent of AW members. I logged in the next morning, confident that I would have a reputation equivalent to Attilla The Hun, I would be labelled JohnJStephens Scrotum Member, and that my avator would be replaced by a skull and crossbones. But I was wrong. There wasn't a single negative RP at all.

Maybe I am just getting too suspicious in my old age...

MacAllister
10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Perhaps, John. :) Yeah--we've tried hard to brainwa...errr...educate the members not to give negative points just for disagreeing with someone. We have a lot invested in maintaining these forums as a place where healthy debate and vigorous discussions can flourish. To that end, the only rule we have is that members behave respectfully towards other members, even while disagreeing bitterly about specific issues.

For the most part, it works.

It's also a surprisingly long way from the feel-good "drink-the-koolaid" lockstep group-think of which we're occasionally accused. Usually, when someone brings that us, it just means they either don't quite "get it" yet, or they essentially want an unmoderated board where they can behave however badly they'd like.

Primarily, the negative comments are more about being unforgiveably rude, trolling, spamming, stuff like that.

aruna
10-29-2005, 03:29 PM
OK

JohnJStephens Scrotum Member, ..

wha... wha... wha's THAT?

JohnJStephens
10-29-2005, 06:26 PM
wha... wha... wha's THAT?Dunno, but it sounds horrible. Something which should be reserved for the lowest of the low, unlike Esteemed New Member or Super Member http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

reph
10-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Would it really sound worse than Gizzard Puke?

JohnJStephens
11-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Would it really sound worse than Gizzard Puke?I could have used something really offensive, like George W Bush.

Actually, that's not true. I have read Bob Woodward's 'Plan Of Attack', and thought he came out of it rather well. So I take that comment back.

But I know how scrotum member came into my head. Recently, I was trying to discuss Balzac with a Belgian (Dutch-speaking) friend. He looked at me, clearly not having a clue who I was talking about. He then uttered the immortal sentence.

'Balzac means scrotum in Dutch.'

Which is true.

We went back to discussing football after that.

book_maven
11-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. But I did. I took the time to read the entire thread, but I am no less confused now than before I read it.

So, could someone please explain this to me again. I pointed my tip of my cursor near the "P" on "Posts." All I found was one tiny, rather faded lavendar square. Is this what you are talking about? Does it relate to the rep points information on my User CP? And can I use it to get a discount at Powell's Books?

reph
11-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Maven, the squares were green before they were made invisible. I don't know why you saw a lavender one; something about your browser, perhaps? My cursor under P tells me you're a shiny, shiny jewel. That does relate to rep points: it means you have between 125 and 175 of them (see page 1 of this thread).

No discounts. Rep points are glory without gold.

book_maven
11-05-2005, 09:46 PM
No discounts. Rep points are glory without gold.

Oh, darn. I really need a break on book-buying. <laughs>

Yeshanu
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Okay, here's the deal:

After a long, hard climb, I'm nearing 500 points: "User should run for President."

However, I'm not in a country with a president, and the site administrator is now a Canadian, so I think it needs to be changed to :"User should run for Prime Minister".

Well?

Medievalist
03-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Okay, here's the deal:

After a long, hard climb, I'm nearing 500 points: "User should run for President."

However, I'm not in a country with a president, and the site administrator is now a Canadian, so I think it needs to be changed to :"User should run for Prime Minister".

Well?

No, you should run for President, of the U.S. because we desperately need someone who has a clue.

brokenfingers
03-23-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see our benevolent despots add more levels. They stop at 1000.

I'm sorry but I just refuse to believe a talented group of writers such as yourselves have really run out of compliments for me.

C'mon now. Really.

Perks
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
And here I thought aka eraser was our resident fisherman.

rich
03-23-2006, 11:42 PM
May you receive ten golden splints.

Perks
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Ooh! Make it ten golden splinters and then his fingernails can match their adjacent fingers!

(BF - aren't you glad you opened this can of bait?)

rhymegirl
03-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Guess you guys missed this post of Sara's:

User has too much time on their hands: 2000
User should get a life: 3000

brokenfingers
03-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Guess you guys missed this post of Sara's:Who has time to wait for the next thousand? This is the New Millenium RG. Maybe people in your day were willing to wait however many years to achieve 2000+ rep points, but the rest of us have gotten with the program and demand instant gratification.

I'm talking

etc.

Sheesh!

robeiae
03-24-2006, 03:28 AM
1100- user can talk to the animals
1200- user is a human lie-detector
1300- user is a master of their domain
1400- user should move to Mount Olympus
1500- user can walk on congealed gravy
1600- user gets more action than Captain Kirk on shore leave
1700- user is not unlike a mystical wizard
1800- user can bend chopsticks with their mind
1900- user always has clean underwear
2000- user is smarter than the average bear

Rob :) (guess where I'd be)

rhymegirl
03-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Who has time to wait for the next thousand? This is the New Millenium RG. Sheesh!

Oh yeah? Well for your information, BF, I am pretty close to achieving the 2000 rep point mark so I don't mind a little waiting. Patience is a virtue. :2angel:

Carrie Ann Eggert
03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Just kidding...but you know what's really funny? I didn't even know anything about rep points until I went to change my pic from nothing to something! There were all these great comments and points and I was like...wow!...at least somebody's reading something I wrote...and not bashing it! :)

Anyway...you shouldn't be worrying about rep points on this forum...you should be out writing that great novel, article, poem, or essay.

As a matter of fact...what I am doing here!? Eeek!

Carrie:)

Yeshanu
03-24-2006, 07:59 PM

Rob :) (guess where I'd be)

Just a guess, rob, but I'd say 1600?

rhymegirl
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I think Rob's is really: User sniffed so much glue he thinks he's an emperor.

Susie
03-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, I don't like to brag about my rp's, but I will say I always have clean underwear.:) That may or may not be true, about my underwear being clean, that is. lol.

robeiae
04-15-2006, 05:52 PM

And why hasn't my plan been implemented? Tell me. Now.

maestrowork
04-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I need to get a life.

jenngreenleaf
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
I need to get a life.LOL You're not alone on that one. :) So.do.I.

robeiae
04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
I need to get a life.that could be rep level 2100+... 'user needs to get a life'

Thanks, Ray!

veinglory
04-16-2006, 03:23 AM
I need to get a life.

What is this 'life' you speak of?

rich
04-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Look at his avatar. He's fishing. Anything else justs gets in the way.

rich
04-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Oops. didn't realize you were talking elsewhere, veinglory.

I just got fixated on the fishing.

Medievalist
04-16-2006, 03:30 AM
What is this 'life' you speak of?

Oh, puh-leeze, that's a myth created by those without computers and the Internet and a ms. with a deadline . .

Life . . . ha!

veinglory
04-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Of course the tighter the deadline the more likely I am on the forums aaaall day ;)

Fishing, hmmm. My only interaction with fishing is when my dog runs of, jumps in the river and ends up on the end of someone's line. Catch of the day down my end of the Wabash is often canine.

rich
04-16-2006, 03:38 AM
You don't have too bright of a dog, veinglory. Hope he's loveable.

veinglory
04-16-2006, 03:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/veinglory/dogsmall.jpg

rich
04-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Hell, I'd kiss'm.

L M Ashton
04-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Yup, he's adorable.

DamaNegra
04-17-2006, 04:59 AM
How about 2100: User needs to stop posting and start writing NOW

veinglory
04-17-2006, 05:01 AM
How about 2100: User needs to stop posting and start writing NOW

Too true, way too true--and probably at a lower number.

veinglory
04-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, now I know one way to get a few rep points--post a picture of a cute dog... ;)

rich
04-19-2006, 12:59 AM
I got 2285. Jenna gave me 2000 of hers. I don't know why she did it, but after that I gracioiusly released her husband. Jenna had to wield a sledge hammer to break up the cement that encircled his legs up to his knees.

I figured that the boat rental and the ever increasing costs of good cement more than make up for the 2000 points. Not to mention hiring Cookie the Arm, to make sure the cement was firm enough--he's an aratist that Cookie.

awatkins
04-19-2006, 01:16 AM
lol, Em. ;)

L M Ashton
04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Gee, if someone wanted to give me 2000 of their rep points... Nah, that'd be crazy!

rich
04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
All it took was one ransom note.

Haggis
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
So, how exactly can I get ahold of this Cookie the Arm?

rich
04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
You can get him in five to ten years.

Alien Enigma
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
I have 10 rep points, I'm at the Aluminum stage.

Maryn
05-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Ah, still malleable. Let us bend you to our will...

Maryn, not buying that 'tougher than nails' business for a moment

SherryTex
08-22-2006, 09:35 PM
How about after 25, user is a promising piker?

jsh
12-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Howdy!

I've made a good-faith effort to figure a couple things out. I'm familiar w/ at least one board of this format, but reputation points are alien to me—although, they're a great idea, IMHO. That opinion is subject to the wisdom of the more experienced of course. ^_^

I can't seem to figure out for what it is I've earned (or lost) reputation points. My user CP gives me the latest, but not all. Being a good behaviorist, I'd like to know what it is that brought me reinforcement or punishment. Please, how can I find these things out?

Second, I can't figure out how to see another's reputation points. Is there a way to do this, or is it not so easy anymore.

Thanks much!

Medievalist
12-20-2006, 07:31 AM
I can't seem to figure out for what it is I've earned (or lost) reputation points. My user CP gives me the latest, but not all. Being a good behaviorist, I'd like to know what it is that brought me reinforcement or punishment. Please, how can I find these things out?

Second, I can't figure out how to see another's reputation points. Is there a way to do this, or is it not so easy anymore.

First, did you see this Newbie's Guide (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886)?

You should see all the Rep comments; keep in mind that Mods and Supermods give you more "points" than members do.

Also, don't worry so much about the number; look at the comments. They let you really see what people are reacting too . . . and a lot of us will give positive points even if we don't actually agree with you. We indicate our feelings or reactions, politely, in the comment.

jsh
12-20-2006, 07:40 AM
First, did you see this Newbie's Guide (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886)?
Ayup, but the reputation points were so alien to me at the time that they didn't register. Then, after searching, I kept hovering my cursor over the "P" rather than just under it. C'est la guerre.

Thanks!

aruna
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Do we still not get points for posts in TIO?

poetinahat
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Sure, you get points, but the posts don't increase your post count.

Even if you've become an orangutan with a particularly bemused expression.

aruna
12-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Ah, OK. i thought you didn't get rep points, that's why I looks so bemused.

Jo
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
(if levels went that high...)

Susie's at the 14k mark (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2206033&postcount=24006)...

Bufty
03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
You do realise part of my screen's covered with thumbprints as I try to kill that damned fly!!

(if levels went that high...)

Susie's at the 14k mark (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2206033&postcount=24006)...

Jo
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
You wanna kill my bug? Waaaaah!

For your screen:

http://www.4stars.com.au/ajax%20spray%20n%20wipe%20glass.jpg

L M Ashton
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I. Hate. Bugs.

Matera the Mad
04-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Big deal, all computers are full of them.

Alphabeter
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Don't leave your windows open then. *snerk*

alvin123
12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I can't believe I have 31 rep points. Somehow, i always thought i was annoying. But it was my main character Jake, who annoyed people. but no more, I'm giving him some dramatic surgery, especially since he annoys me too.

knight_tour
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know how many points it should take, but how about - 'Books write themselves when this user enters a room.'

Medievalist
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't know how many points it should take, but how about - 'Books write themselves when this user enters a room.'

I like this idea so very much I've just passed it on to MacCannister. I'm thinkin' we might maybe be able to persuade her to do something with this when we do the vBulletin upgrade, which should be in a couple months.

Medievalist
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
If you find that you can't give Rep comments, would you please PM me? There have been a couple members who suddenly stopped being able to make Rep comments, and I'd like to see if I can figure out why.

Thanks
(speaking as server janitor)