User walks on water: 1200

User defies gravity: 1400

User's aura encompasses keyboard: 1600

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Reph: You have 237 points. I just checked. Where are you looking?
I wasn't looking at the hundreds digit, that's for sure. Sorry.

Wendy, the scale is the silvery mushroomy-looking thing between the circle and the triangle to the left of anyone's post, near the bottom. (Look closely and it's a scale with two pans.) Clicking on it brings up a window where you can give or take away a point.

A person who has 100 points gets a second green square and gives out points two at a time.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, Jenna, when maestrowork's points reach 400, you need to change his to "User leaves puddles of profuse coolness."

:roll:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Wendy J said:
Hey, KTC, I must be slower than you, because I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I just noticed the green jewels/boxes and noticed that they implied things, but how do you give them out to other people? :confused:

What are these green jewels? IO never saw a green jewel! It took me MONTHS before I discovered the reputation points feature, so sorry to those deserving who got none - I was ignorant! Is there a way to tell somebody's rep?
I am still ignorant!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
- beloved aruna, you are a shiny, shiny jewel. Point thy cursor at the 'o' in the word 'posts'. All shall be revealed!

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
aruna said:
Wah! Nothing happens! You mean the word posts underneath the poster's name? Wah! Wah!:cry: :confused: :confused:

Okay, here's how it works (after long efforts at finding it myself when I first found this thread! ;) )

Move your mouse cursor so that the tip of the arrow is directly beneath the "P" in "Posts" (under the person's Avatar and Join Date.) Move it around in tiny little circles, stopping often. A pop up box will appear when you stop at just the right spot to tell you the person's ranking. Good luck! :D

Last edited:

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
I wasn't looking at the hundreds digit, that's for sure. Sorry.

Wendy, the scale is the silvery mushroomy-looking thing between the circle and the triangle to the left of anyone's post, near the bottom. (Look closely and it's a scale with two pans.) Clicking on it brings up a window where you can give or take away a point.

A person who has 100 points gets a second green square and gives out points two at a time.

Reph, I'm so glad you told me what that mushroom really was. (I always thought it was a bomb.)

P.S. What/where is the 'second green square'??

Last edited:

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Cathy C said:
Okay, here's how it works (after long efforts at finding it myself when I first found this thread! ;) )

Move your mouse cursor so that the tip of the arrow is directly beneath the "P" in "Posts" (under the person's Avatar and Join Date.) Move it around in tiny little circles, stopping often. A pop up box will appear when you stop at just the right spot to tell you the person's ranking. Good luck! :D

Once upon a time there was a shiny new land with shiny new people who traded in kindess and helpfulness and amusement. Their wealth in these riches was reflected in poetic slogans and mysterious multiplying blobs. It was a happy place in a happy time.

So, that didn't last, natch. Too much joy and happiness. Tsk tsk. Some denizens had so much reflection of their wealth that their neighbors wondered if there was really any kindness or helpfulness or amusement over there or just a lotta mirrors. And then those neighbors wanted more reflection too. So much currency was in circulation that it seemed as though the shiny new land was in a tornado of relected wealth. It shone no longer with all that swirling and blobby build-up.

The time came for the Folks Who Run The Joint to restore peace and order to the shiny new land. So they did. They pulled a shade over the reflection of the wealth in the land. Tranquility reigned once more.

Since those days, the land has grown and matured and is now a rich and fertile place. But if you shade your eyes (as Cathy C has described, above) and look with love in your heart, you can see a soft shadow of the riches the people of the land posess.
:heart:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Cathy C said:

EUREKA! You have a spectacular aura!

rich

Just y'all keep in mind that in the scheme of things rep points don't pay the rent.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
johnnysannie said:
Thanks! I finally understand what all the little gizmos on posts mean....and I will also gladly begin recognizing excellent posts!

What little gizmos? I don't see gizmos, jewels, boxes or anything else!

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
aruna said:
What little gizmos? I don't see gizmos, jewels, boxes or anything else!

You came in after some people went crazy, and Jenna took away all the jewels.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
They were small green squares ("blobs" in earlier threads), one for each 100 rep points up through 500 points and then, I think, one for each 200 additional points, but a brighter green. The management made them invisible because people were lusting madly after rep points and falling into decadent behavior in the worship of the Precious Green Square. They're still there, though. They're what you point at to find "____ is a shiny, shiny jewel" or "____ has a spectacular aura."

If there's more than one square, you can point farther to the right and still get the member's rating. The squares are laid out in a row.

Currently, ordinary members can give only one point at a time. Jenna and ChunkyC give ten at a time.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Very interesting. They are really well hidden. It took me an age to find the hidden message. Just as it took me an age to find the rep point thingy at all!

rich

I got a ten pointer from Jenna once--ever since, I'm sure she's been ruing that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.