Son of PAMB and its quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! 10,000 post. Well everyone...I have plenty of POPCORN to share for this new thread.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sad my original thread is dead, but happy to see it's son...does this make me a grandmother? Oh, so sad since I'm not even 30 :(

Ah, to move on with the show..

I tried to see a few locked threads on PAMB but was unable.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
*snerk*

The shambling mass slowed and pertified, then from its depths burst a drooling spoor which oozed onward, ever onward....

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Diane,

I agree. I teach a correspondence course online for facilitators of groups for people with life threatening illness. The other day a "student" sent me the most beautiful responses to an assignment. Teachers often learn a great deal when they teach.

I also have learned a great deal about writing, publishing, authors here.

And I also know none of us would be here if we didn't have some sort of need to be here: to learn, to teach, to discuss with authors. I don't go to a job each day and some days are lonely and quiet, which I like, but sometimes I miss being around a lot of people and love communicating with people I have something in common with.

Carol

Another trend I'm noticing here is that many of the most prolific "authors" on PAMB state almost the exact same thing about how they "owe it all to PA".

Here's an interesting survey I'd love to see conducted: How long did you try to get published before gonig with PA? And further, how many rejections did you receiver?

I'll wager many of these people will post VERY small numbers. I don't think many of them were rejected but a few times. It seems as though many of them just said "well, I got rejected three or four times, I guess I need to go with PA."

Last edited:

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Too good to be true?

I am so excited within 24 hours, with Jeff Rivera's help on my query letter I already have over 5 top agents that have requested my work. I cannot believe it's actually happening for me and I highly recommend anyone that needs help get a hold of him. His email is: <email> You'll be so glad you did.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's one thing to have five "top agents" knocking on your door.

'Tis another to have them accepting your manuscript.

Apples to pianos.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like the names of those top five agents. Just sayin'.

Well, Barbara Bauer, Ph.D., is right near the TOP of the alphabet. And so is the Benedict Literary Agency.

On the other hand, Mr. Rivera has representation from a top agency (Writers House) himself. I'm wondering why he's doing this kind of work with PA authors?

Last edited:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Maybe he has hopes of getting them away from PA.

I'd better not say what I'm thinking in regards to the PA poster - but I've read snippets of her other two books. IMHO, it's rough writing. Maybe enough to garner interest, but I don't know if it's enough for commercial publication.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
PA authors and agents : the story continues

Curiouser and curiouser. Here's another PA author who got representation.

Just a few lines to say hello to all of my fellow writers, and to give you all an update on my book, <title>
After submitting my book to New Book Reviews .Org in July of 2007 I was informed on December 28th, of that year that they had chosen it as their choice for 'BEST NEW BOOK' of 2007!!!!
After submitting numerous query letters I was asked by an agency to submit a few chapters. Within one week I was notified that they would like to represent me!!!!
WHOOPIE!!!!

So an agency asked to represent a book that was already published?

And they apparently made this decision on the basis of a few chapters?

Whoopie.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Letter from the President
I received a letter today from President Bush thanking me for sending him and the First Lady a copy of the book. I just wanted to share that with everyone. I am still in shock!

I hate to burst his bubble, really I do, but I hope he doesn't think the President, or even the First Lady, even knows he sent his book to them.

And my reason for posting this is to also hope that PA doesn't try to use it for a publicity stunt on their site. I know, wishing in one hand and... well, you know the rest.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
According to this thread, the word "said" is out.:Headbang: And PA editors aren't going to argue with it, I'm sure.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
So an agency asked to represent a book that was already published?

And they apparently made this decision on the basis of a few chapters?

Based on the sample the author has on his website, I doubt this is a legitimate agent. The author may well have a fantastic idea, but his basic grammar and syntax skills are seriously lacking. I hope he's not being taken advantage of by a scam agent. :(

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Letter from the President

I hate to burst his bubble, really I do, but I hope he doesn't think the President, or even the First Lady, even knows he sent his book to them.

And my reason for posting this is to also hope that PA doesn't try to use it for a publicity stunt on their site. I know, wishing in one hand and... well, you know the rest.

Plus, somehow the president doesn't strike me as a big "book person".

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I just wish someone would correct the "oppinion" - it drives me nuts. :D

This is my biggest problem with PAMB, all of the so-called "experts" peddling "knowledge" that is in fact just opinion.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I know Jeff from several sites, and don't think he's scamming anyone. He does write a pretty mean query letter and he announced over on WritersNet that he was starting a query service (which seems to be down at the moment, or I'd post a link.) He offered a few for free to get some credentials and announce the business, but I don't know what agents were subbed either. Still, he is repped (Writers House) and published (Grand Central, formerly Warner) and I've seen some of his advice right here in our SYW boards a few years back, which was sound.

Maybe it's legit and he's just helping folks out, like I do. :Shrug: Altruism isn't completely dead, or UJ wouldn't spend time here either. I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear differently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.