Edits: Best with a dose of AW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Can I tell you something? Come closer.

AW deserves a fair size of my devotion. Why? Because as I've been editing my heart out this week, the forums have been crucial to my progress. But it's not what you think. It's more than the wealth of knowledge, the leagues of support, found among these here threads.

Scenario:

My Word doc window is up; I'm fine-tuning the narrative and tweaking the flow. But then an awkward phrase sneaks up and I'm stuck. My brain can't work out the proper edit, not just yet, and my thoughts have to stew for a bit. But to stare at the words in front of me, willing the right changes to appear, would be a bad thing. I have to redirect my attention while my writer's mind figures out, subconsciously, what to do. So I jump to another window, the one with AW. I check my subscribed threads, banter with my buddies and peruse the boards. I recheck my manuscript, thinking almost there, and hop back to AW again. But during the next minute or two spent in Office Party or Novel Writing, something clicks. My brain begins to whir, my juices start to flow, and I can face that icky part of the manuscript again. I pull it up and watch as everything works out. The appropriate words come to me and the story moves ahead, better than I could have imagined.

Thank you, AW.

Okay, thanks for listening. Carry on.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I suppose I'd be like you, but my inet is still not installed (5 months later...please don't ask, no one deserves to here me rant about them), so opt for when I get stuck on a word to use my handy dandy thesaurus, provided I can think of something close of course. Otherwise I just stare at the screen until I can put my finger on what I think is wrong or I go play mindless games for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.