Life's Like That

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton

Registered
Reaction score
That's terrible.

On the plus side, you got hit by a bus and LIVED.

Get well.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
No way! Really? I hope you are not too badly injured. At least it sounds like you can still write. That's good.

Have many of your friends taken this opportunity to employ the old line about "getting the number of the bus that hit you"? Have lawyers been calling you day and night? What is it *like* to get hit by a bus, for cryingoutloud? This is really an archetypal experience. I hope you write all about it and then tell us were we can find it when it is published.

And best wishes for a speedy recovery!

-pkpk

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's the modern day equivilent of going off to fight a dragon and making it back.

Arise Sir Watcher!
Oo, or Dame Watcher.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoaa....hope you're o.k. and nothing too serious in injuries. No doubt, the negative ordeal with give you something of intensity to write about. Take care.

Debbie

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness you're 1) alive, 2) recovered enough to be here, and 3) able to see the silver lining, time to write.

Every time I have a brush with a hospital, I get material that makes its way into my writing. Last time, distracted by scary medical thoughts, I realized quite belatedly that I was staring-without-seeing at a little person (dwarf, not child), who clearly didn't like it. I immediately shifted my eyes 180 degrees--onto a woman who was at least seven feet tall.

Voila, there's now a little person in my WIP. I may give a giant a walk-on.

Maryn

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:scared: Please never request any extra writing time for me...ok?:D (I'm glad you are doing fine with you lay-up time) At least you always see your glass as half-full. That's a very good trait.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Has no one noticed yet the irony in what happened with Watcher's handle here? ;)

Wishing you well. Hope you have a good attorney. Speaking from experience, you do not want to assume that once you get out of the hospital and appear to have recuperated that you are once more all right. That will never happen. The injury may heal, but that doesn't mean it won't aggravate you at some later time when the weather changes or some other source irritates it. In other words, your medical expenses might not end anytime soon. I still suffer regularly from injuries that occurred as much as forty years ago.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.:kiss:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
your poems will be more mature

Had same, years ago, only I was in the bus doining a holliday job co-driving when it happened! Its unbelievable how ones vision of things change while laying there in hospital and how growth inside takes place! Hope is not too bad and when you come out, well you'll see, your poems will be more mature.

Speedy recovery, ok?

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch! Thank goodness you're okay.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

watcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
askthepsychic.blogspot.com
Dragon

The dragon analogy is right on. I was looking up into its eyes as its wheel-teeth crunched down on my foot. And beleive it or not I was watching; I saw the whole thing. It did remind me of a metallic beast (with a little helpless driver inside, feeling helpless at that moment anyway.)

By the way, I am a maiden. And thanks for the thoughts; they're helping.

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
watcher said:
The dragon analogy is right on. I was looking up into its eyes as its wheel-teeth crunched down on my foot. And beleive it or not I was watching; I saw the whole thing. It did remind me of a metallic beast (with a little helpless driver inside, feeling helpless at that moment anyway.)

By the way, I am a maiden. And thanks for the thoughts; they're helping.

:eek: I didn't DO it! I swear!

And I'm glad to hear you're alright, Watcher. :Hug2:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
:Sun: :Guitar:
Here is a lil sunshine and a lil music to make it alllllll better....
cuz I have out grown kissing boo boo's

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa! Hit by a bus! I'm happy to hear you made it!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

celeste

watcher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
askthepsychic.blogspot.com
Foot broken?

Actually Jenna everything in my foot was just crunched together. I have treadmarks on the top of my foot. I have a crack in my tibia bone just under my knee. I really can't believe nothing else was broken. That's the surreal part. My foot, ankle and calf are still swelling three weeks later if I don't keep them elevated. If you're going to get hit by a bus you definitely want to do it like I did. I wouldn't recommend it, of course; it's embarrassing to have to tell people you got hit by a bus. [sigh] It does keep me humble though. :faint:

And Elaine:

They just don't have enough male nurses, do they?

Last edited:

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
AT least the next time someone tells you to go play in traffic and make sure a bus hits you. Smile at them and say..."Good idea but I've been there done that"
pause...while looking up and down, then say....now what are going to be able to do to top that?

Status
Not open for further replies.