It was suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
It was suggested to me a few months ago I should consider writing a rant column.

Does anybody have any idea there is a market for that?

Or where to begin?

Last edited:

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know a thing about markets for rants. I can suggest that you start by hunting down rants in publications and targeting those pubs that seem to print what is similar to your style. It will probably take some leg work, but it's still the best way to find a home for your work.

Maybe someone else will chime in here.

Barb

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Sun: You may also want to check in your local newspapers as some of them have that kind of column. I would also check online and see what you find there. Oh...I'm not sure how large of a city you live in, but many 'underground' free newspapers carry off the wall types of things. I live in the Tucson and Phoenix areas and each have a ton of this type of work. Good luck....:Sun:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
This probably isn't helpful in the least, but I the first thing that popped into my mind was that most comedians - especially someone the likes of Louis Black -- are all about rants. I have no idea if anyone started out with a column first, though.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
Ok thanks,

Maybe there isn't much of a market.

I've been looking, but I haven't found much.

Oh well hard to keep that much energy anyway.

jojabees

Banned
Reaction score
Blue?

Blue? Not sure what you mean. Red might be a good description

The particular rant that sparked the suggestions was ...hmmm... a bit well... sarcastic. It involved a letter to HR (not a real letter) about the starving masses in Antarctica and a comparison of the company to ENRON.

Status
Not open for further replies.