William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i'm working on... well, i went and found a book called "Be the World's Greatest and Most Fabulous Writer in 4 Days!" but it's written in japanese.

then i bought a book called "Redneck to Japanese in Just 3 Days".

unfortunately it's in japanese, as well.

i have a ghost writer that's supposed to call me back as soon as he bonds out of the city jail.

we'll see...

hapsburg

Registered
Reaction score
Then that's when you'll have it.... this weekend :p

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Crossroads, pot roasts,
frigging potholes
days are longer
nights to ponder
two people in lust
one missing a toe

-- by William Haskins

(do you think they figure out I impersonated Will?)

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder who'll have the guts to go first?

I also wonder who on earth could possibly be able to quit editing until the minute before the deadline?

It's only Wednesday, and I'm over the word limit!

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
It's only Wednesday, and I'm over the word limit!

not me. i've only got 100 or so of thse word magnets on the refrigerator and, even allowing for compound words, i can't seem to stretch it.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
not me. i've only got 100 or so of thse word magnets on the refrigerator and, even allowing for compound words, i can't seem to stretch it.

Want me to mail you mine? They live on my filing cabinet, and are almost as distracting at this forum!

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear from my trusty beta (should have it by tomorrow morning) and then I'll be ready to post.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
I've gathered all the inspirational clippings I've got taped and tacked all around my office and combined them into one 2,000 word doc. I think I may have found a way to organize them in an orderly fashion so they qualify to meet the crossroad challenge. We'll see. :)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne, this is going to be cruel of me to say, because I don't want to offer any more detail, but of the seven stories that have been posted so far, I've already marked three of them that I'd be willing to vote 'yes' for. And, yes, I know we're only allowed to vote for one. Once they're all posted, I'll have to go back and reread all my yes's and choose between them. I wonder how many more yes's I'll have by then?

(DISCLAIMER: I would just like to remind all the finalists that you beat some very tough competition to get this far. So the fact that I may not vote for your story does not mean I did not like it or think it was good, solid writing. The rules just requiring anyone voting to choose one story and one story only. This requirement is turning me into a bit of a Simon as I personally evaluate each entry.)

jdkiggins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Birol said:
Joanne, this is going to be cruel of me to say, because I don't want to offer any more detail, but of the seven stories that have been posted so far, I've already marked three of them that I'd be willing to vote 'yes' for. And, yes, I know we're only allowed to vote for one. Once they're all posted, I'll have to go back and reread all my yes's and choose between them. I wonder how many more yes's I'll have by then?
Birol,
I think it's great that you had the courage to say you've picked three out of seven so far. Now that I've posted mine, I have read the entries to date and I will say there is stiff competition out there.

(DISCLAIMER: I would just like to remind all the finalists that you beat some very tough competition to get this far. So the fact that I may not vote for your story does not mean I did not like it or think it was good, solid writing. The rules just requiring anyone voting to choose one story and one story only. This requirement is turning me into a bit of a Simon as I personally evaluate each entry.)
I'm still not certain if we finalists are allowed to vote on each other's entries, but if we are, I will have a difficult time deciding as well.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
omg...we can only vote for ONE???

What if we do it like survivor--and reluctantly vote for who to throw off the island, instead...?

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
That idea's already been put out there, Mac. Jenna said something along the lines that it would take a huge pile of cash and/or tagalongs to get her to change the rules, then she laughed maniacally.

jdkiggins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
That's not a bad idea, Mac.

Has it yet been stated how this whole vote thing works? I know there was mention of PMing Melina. But I think it was also mentioned that details of voting would come later. :Shrug: I'm sure Jenna will let us know how she wants to handle the voting, and who is and isn't allowed to vote.

Have to have all the entries before a vote takes place. :)

Midnight. Crossroads.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Firehorse posted since we started today's conversation, making 8 total who have posted their stories so far and three individuals who are still frantically writing and rewriting. Jenna's original post does not count in the reply tally.

(I can neither confirm nor deny if the number of yes's in my tally has increased.)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting comical, but if you open the thread with the entries, there have been 9 posts, Jenna's + 8 responses.

I've also got a spreadsheet going to help me keep track of whose story I liked and why. So far, 8 stories have been posted.