PDA

View Full Version : ComiCon here I come!

Blondchen
05-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Just found out I will be (read "forced at gunpoint") attending ComiCon this year, which made me wonder if it's a place SF/F writers go to network? I KNOW all you comic/graphic novelists will be there!

I'll be the one looking lost and claustrophobic.

maestrowork
05-08-2008, 02:03 AM
It's bigger than anything you can imagine. :) Everything from writers to fanboys to movie stars and execs. It's turning into a big entertainment event.

I think I'll be going this year.

Blondchen
05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
This will be my fourth trip in five years. I REALLY thought I was going to be able to get out of it this time. Two years ago (when we had that ridiculous heat spell in SoCal) was an absolute disaster.

soleary
05-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I had to attend when working for New Line on some LOTR stuff. I had a BLAST! It will be much more fun than you anticipate :).

Smiling Ted
05-08-2008, 06:58 AM
One caveat - DO NOT try to drive to San Diego for this...not, at least, if you're driving south down the coast from LA or points farther north.

maestrowork
05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
One caveat - DO NOT try to drive to San Diego for this...not, at least, if you're driving south down the coast from LA or points farther north.

Shoot... I will be driving down from LA. So can I drive down like 2 days before?

Smiling Ted
05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Shoot... I will be driving down from LA. So can I drive down like 2 days before?

The drive from LA to San Diego takes two hours without traffic. The last time I drove to ComiCon, it took five. It's the beach traffic that kills you. So if you drive down during the week, especially at night or very early in the morning, you might be able to make it work.

The other possibility is to take the train. I haven't tried that, but it's not impossible, and I think there are trams/light rail from the train station to the convention center. The web site should have the info.

soleary
05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
You can also fly, but it is expensive. It's a 22 minute flight from LAX. American doesn't do beverage service during its flight, United does. So, if you need a soda pop on your way down, go United :).