PDA

View Full Version : Does It Seem To Go In Cycles?

inkkognito
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone else feels like their writing career goes in cycles. I swear it runs from frustration to jubilation and back again, without much middle ground.

I just had a long spell with no query responses, even tho' I have a ton floating around out there. Also, I was awaiting payment and contributors copies for several articles and the mailbox was empty every freakin' day for what seemed like an eternity.

Now, all of a sudden I get three payments in a row plus an acceptance. I'm hoping more good things will come through before the next dry spell, as I am not a patient person.

I dunno if I'm the only one where it's either feast or famine vs. a nice, steady pace. Anyone else?

KTC
05-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I sometimes will have 4 or 5 article deadlines at once and it will be a frenzy. Two weeks later I can have absolutely nothing on the burner. I like both sides of that. My freelancing is something I do for the love of writing. The money is great, but not needed... I enjoy my downtime just as much as I enjoy being crazy with deadlines. But, to answer your question... definitely... it cycles for me. It's never steady and even paced. Feast of Famine for me. But I kind of plan it that way.