TV episodes online

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Has anyone used www.hulu.com? It's a free site that has thousands of TV episodes online - everything from classic TV series right up to last night's episodes of new shows. I've got a WKRP episode playing on my other computer right now. It's a great site.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! I watch old eps of Buffy on it all the time.

I also watch Twilight Zone eps on cbs.com, catch eps of Bones and House on Fox on Demand, etc. I watch a LOT of my TV shows on the internet.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
I've recently discovered it. I watched the Firefly series again and started browsing for others. I'd like to catch Grace under Fire and Sarah Conner Chronicles from the start, but they don't seem to be up there yet.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I tried downloading some episodes from Amazon Unbox. Paid for them, started watching an episode, it stopped a couple minutes in, and now, none of the entire season that I paid for will show.

Amazon will NOT offer refund, credit, or any satisfaction whatsoever in this matter.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I also recommend www.anytvplayer.com. TV from all over the world. Great stuff.

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get it. Is it free? How is that possible? There must be a catch.

The shows also stream with commercial breaks, but they're very short (15-30 seconds) and are less frequent than on television. If I remember correctly, Hulu.com is partnered with Fox and NBC, so you'll find mostly their TV shows streaming.

I love Hulu. I wish NBC would stream some of their older shows. Currently they only stream the current season (like season four of the Office). I'd love to go back and catch up on 30 Rock from the beginning.

I find the Hulu player much easier to use than NBC.com's, so I've been catching the new episodes of the Office through Hulu. And give me an stretch of free time, I swear I am going to finally watch Firefly!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Not that it matters to the majority of members here, but hula.com doesn't work outside of the USA, certainly not in the UK or Europe. It must check domains and/or IP addresses.

Anytv.com comes up in Chinese! I hit the big button and downloaded the installer and ran this (still in Chinese) but the damn thing came in with a virus (caught & killed by AVG).

-Derek

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
... And give me an stretch of free time, I swear I am going to finally watch Firefly!

I'm so pissed at Fox for canceling that show. UGG!!!! There is no other genre that has near the fanatical fans of Sci-Fi shows, and it is amazing how many networks won't give good Sci-Fi a chance.

Firefly definitely had potential. It was a kick ass series and definitely hit their stride by episode 5. I bought the entire season from Frye's for $15.

It is worth it. Joss Wheadon kicks ass.

Mel...

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Impressive, no more than 1 minute after I started the download, I had a semi-naked woman on my laptop screen (thank you, Fashion TV). :D

I now seem to be watching Chuck Connors in The Proud and the Damned (1972) :guns:

-Derek

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
you can also try www.sidereel.com. most shows are on there, but sometimes you get a really surreal episode like Prison break with japanese subtitles. But it works in Canada so I assume it will work everywhere. Any site such as hulu which is associated with an american channel will not show outside of the US, just as the BBC site wont let you access anything if you're outside the UK.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I tried downloading some episodes from Amazon Unbox. Paid for them, started watching an episode, it stopped a couple minutes in, and now, none of the entire season that I paid for will show.

Amazon will NOT offer refund, credit, or any satisfaction whatsoever in this matter.
Maybe you could start complaining to various government entities such as ftc.gov.
Not that it matters to the majority of members here, but hula.com doesn't work outside of the USA, certainly not in the UK or Europe. It must check domains and/or IP addresses.
I've heard that from a non-USAian (?) about Showtime as well: http://www.sho.com - those outside of the USA can't even see the Showtime website blurbs on shows.

I've seen a couple of episodes of South Park because they're posted here (site and its ads are not-quite-G rated, but if you've ever seen South Park you probably knew that):
http://www.southparkx.net/
More and more "stuff" is on the net. That may not always be good, but it's a consequence of the fact that just about anyone can but a computer with a terabyte-sized hard drive and get online.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed a big difference in picture quality between the two sites. CBS's very jerky, while hulu's is almost (almost being the operative word) broadcast quality. I wonder why?

I'll make a good guess, CBS wants people to "see how inferior TV is over the net compared to broadcast."

But I've finally been impressed with something I DL'ed over the net. There's this video (okay, it's G rated but the content may not be to everyone's taste...) whose URL I put into keepvid.com, DL'ed the high-quality version, and watched it on my newish 2.88GHz Pentium D computer fullscreeen at 1600x1200 resolution (21 inch CRT computer monitor). It looks great, no jerkiness, near-perfect resolution - not quite a DVD, but better than what I remember of VHS! If I could get all my viewing stuff to look like this, I'd just DL everything I'd ever want to watch.

Quality is there if the content provider wants it to be...