Feeling Rejected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebookdahlia

I haven't been rejected, but I'm feeling deflated, to say the least. I work as a ghost writer for a doctor but things have been tough with her lately. She's great, but as she gets busier and busier, she has less and less time to communicate with me. I used to work in her office so if I needed her, I would just track her down in the building. Now I'm on the other side of the country, working from home, and my work goes to her via her secretary. Her secretary is going to drive me to drink! She has taken it upon herself to EDIT my work. Not just a comma here or a period there (which would still make me mad), but actually changing the way that I word sentences. I'm pretty sure that she's after my job but I don't know what to do. I'm freelancing and the doctor is my only client so I can't just walk away. I'm trying to build up my client base but I'm not quite there yet (clearly) so I feel stuck. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I want to go on and on, but I fear that I might have a stroke if I don't calm down!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this situation, but I would appreciate any feedback the group might have! Thanks!

Last edited:

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
The obvious answer [to me] would be to contact the doctor directly to see if she's aware of this.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Dahlia, I completely agree with Sassenach. Pick up the phone and talk to the doctor directly.

Give the secretary the ol' :box:

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
thebookdahlia said:
Her secretary is going to drive me to drink!
That's the spirit!

Um, sorry, I'm fighting a cold and have gone four days without wine or beer, or coffee for that matter...

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Well, I certainly hope it doesn't drive you to drink! Oh, sure, that's the tempting way to handle it. But how on earth will you be able to tell that secretary off if you're too drunk?? ;)

I definitely agree with the whole "talk to your client" suggestion. Everyone is a critic! Can you password-protect what you send to her? Or are you sending it by hard copy? If the latter, maybe you can put "for addressee only" on the envelope, or something. Also, I'm curious: Do you have a contract or some kind of agreement with her? Maybe if the secretary knew she was violating a contract she would back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.