PDA

View Full Version : I want my body back!

brc23
05-06-2008, 07:21 AM
OK everyone...I started my blog...it's new...so if you would review and give me any tips I would be super uber grateful!

P.S. I'm still working on the title picture...it's too dang big. But I will figure it all out eventually. ;)

/braces for impact

Thanks!

http://multitaskyourworkout.blogspot.com/

brc23
05-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Since I have rendered everyone speechless;)...I thought I might add....

The blog is for people who do not have time or money to workout.

I am currently looking for people who want to give up soda or coffee without the side effects. i.e. headaches, shakes, weight gain

All my advice/techniques are always completely free. Your comments or story in some form or another may or may not appear in the book I am writing. We can communicate in private or through the blog whichever is more comfortable for you. Thanks!

Writing on my mind20
06-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I loved it. I might just take a couple of these tips and use them.. Thanks for the advice.

brc23
06-05-2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks! ;)

CACTUSWENDY
06-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Okay. I went to your site. It appears to have tons of really neat things for folks that want to take care of their bodies. Looks like a million of them. It is a nice set up.

(I am a junker from way back. I hide from sites like this.)

melodychef
06-05-2008, 03:52 AM
I think you have a good focus for a blog. I was wondering what experience you have with getting healthy. Maybe you could tell stories about your experience in some of your posts.

brc23
06-11-2008, 04:05 AM
I am a junker from way back. I hide from sites like this.

Yeah but you are my target audience! :Hug2:

...people who don't want to change their way of life or give up their vices. :D

gormands2
07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I like it - especially the "worst diet advice" feature. Astounding. Your "about me" convinces me that you know what you're talking about, and your labels are detailed enough for me to search. But why no labels on "pregnancy recovery"? I admit, I just had my fourth child, so I personally could use that advice, but also, your "about me" section indicates that this is an area in which you have some interest. Also - if this is too nitpicky, I apologize, but I think your header could be more direct. Instead of "the goal is to change how people look at food...," I'd make a bigger payoff with something like "Change how you look at food..."

I'm an idiot when it comes to constructing blogs - my own blog is quite basic - but I do like what I see here - you seems to have a clear topic about which you're qualified to blog. Good luck.

emailfromtheembassy.blogspot.com

Andreya
08-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, I like it!! :) I subscribed to it via Google Reader :)

I'm in no way overweight (more like the contrary!), but I wish & need to exercise more, & work on motivation & inspiration! (so maybe you could take in account us lazy 'thinnies' too? :))
Also, I think your blog attracts people who already want to work a bit on their body, so you can take this into account when writing entries etc.

Pics for the stretches would be good too... (even if 'ordinary women' or even kids do them...) I zone out after reading instructions... :) /&/or comparing myself to a nimble Olympics - athletes!! :) - the pic under 'Olympic Moves' is an effective attention grabber, then you wanna keep that attention lol)

Not sure if you keep in mind that some people who are mostly sedentary may have a bad back? a site I found really helpful with this is www.drbookspan.com - she lists which exercises are bad for the back (including sit-ups!), so you might take a look & add a disclaimer with any exercises that might be 'iffy' or avoid such exercises!

Also, uhm, I'm single, & I want my body back too! :)
So unless you're targeting stay-at-home Moms or Moms in general, you could add something like, 'If you have no kids, borrow your neighbours'! - 'Or go running - or walking about with a pet! - If you have no pets, borrow your neighbours'! (Or go and make an asylum doggie overjoyed with happiness!!)'
hmm.. Maybe I can start a blog on exercising for single people? ;)

Or, you could simply ask your readers to tell you what their body was like before & what they hope to 'get back' & how they are going so far, what they are doing...?
What they wish to read about more..?

As for the surgery you mentioned, well, it did make me curious: 'What was it? Does this woman really have a clue if she got so ill she needed a surgery to save her life...?' You get what I mean. Either avoid such posts, or make them 'friends only'/filtered to closest friends, or elaborate on them. eg in the style of, 'I had been neglecting my body for too long in the past, & that had a consequence... I've done a lot of research & exercise & changed my diet since, & I'd love to share my research & experiences with you! - Please share tips that worked for you too!'

Are you for or against Atkins Diet vs. carbohydrates? It wasn't quite clear to me from the post on 'Fads'... I hope you know that it's still somewhat controversial... & may not be suited for everyone... as far as I know... it depends on pre-existing medical problems too.. too much protein & fats (especially if you don't do heavy physical work & 'burn it up') may worsen your rheumatism (my dad's personal experience!) & I read of a study saying it can worsen cancer too... (as far as I know, sugar can worsen cancer too.. so it's not like I'm recommending that!)

- & well, I do love wikipedia (& quote it all the time in my fun-blog), well, if you want to go 'professional' (& write a book about these things) I do think it's better to quote more reliable sources too.. (?) -
Even Wikipedia says there are carbohydrates in fruit & vegetables too... & differentiates simple (mostly bad) & complex (better) carbohydrates... So I hope I simply misread the entry that spoke about this! (I wasn't sure if it was 'false/bad advice' or your actual advice! :))

Sorry to nitpick, I'm a general health nut. & I do love your blog, so I want you to get it as unambiguously right as possible!! :)
People all over the world DO need to get healthier!!

My Dad cured his rheumatism with changing his diet (less meat & sweets & wine & 'artificial stuff/additives' & pretty much banned 'white' flour & spaghetti, the whole family switched to 'whole/brown' flour & spaghetti, buckwheat kasha etc.)
We have a whole bunch of health food books everyone was forced to listen to excerpts to! :) I've read quite a bit on all this too... & you can be thin on vegetarian feed only too.. (as my Dad found out when he ate too little protein!) the trick, I hear, is mostly to separate meat & spaghetti & such... (to not have them in 1 meal. But I'm thin even if I have sometimes those together, so...?) Basically, after applying some basic principles (like described above) one has to find what works best for the individual... (& no, donuts don't 'work' lol!) Have you heard of the theories on different metabolism types & what to eat? I'm still learning about all this & figuring out what's best for me as we go along... It doesn't seem to be particularly healthy if you exaggerate in any direction too much...

A few other 'tiny' comments: in 'Places you should visit' one would expect a few topic-related blogs or sites too, no? :) & it would be better to have 'sports-related' & 'other' places (like AW) listed under different sub-headings, if possible.. no? :)

Under 'The Worst Diet Advice...' & 'The Best Advice...' I see weird markings such as <!--[endif]--> or <!--[if !supportLists]-->2. <!--[endif]--> I have no idea why these are seen or if everyone sees it - I think they should be 'covered up' in html/css - maybe it's my browser? (Internet Explorer 6) I've seen it on some other blogs too.. Just thought I'd mention it, if anyone knows what to do about it...(?)

In your, 'About me' I would change the last bit...

I've expanded my research to a broader demographic of women and men. This included teachings on how to quit smoking and give up caffeine. Since then I am developing and marketing my techniques through a book to appeal to a larger market. Once my first book is completed I will begin the second book on giving obese people a place to start with getting their life back on track.
Sounds too 'techie' & not 'attractive' enough, I guess.. Noone likes to be called obese, IMO - maybe change it to shorter sentences & simpler words, maybe say something like 'People who want to lose a lot of weight' or something..?

Have you already helped anyone to quit smoking & caffeine? In that case, do brag about it! :) Or maybe say something like, 'have started helping people with...'/'have started researching'...

Anyway, keep up with the good work!!

Ms Hollands
08-23-2008, 02:35 AM
That's a cool site! I just dugg it. :)

Pink Ink
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I like how you give a suggestion as to how I could, as a reader, be more fit. And not in a guilt-inducing kind of way. I especially liked your post about the swim lessons and the one mom who multi-tasked.

I love pink, so I liked your layout :-).