Looking to interview an AW member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayita St. James

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I'm doing a project for my English class. We're supposed to find someone to interview who already works in my chosen career. Something about the ISD having to check and see if the teachers are doing their job. (God forbid the school system cares about us. :tongue ) Anyways, I was wondering would any of you be willing to let me interview you. I promise, the questions are not invasive whatsoever and whatever you don't feel comfortable with answering, you don't have to.

Please think it over and whoever can, please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you sooo much in advance. :)

*~* Ayita *~*

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
With the thousands of scribblers hanging out here, I'm sure you will find some willing victims subjects :D

Humever, I think you might up the odds of a quicker response if you posted in the Round Table forum.

I would volunteer for the sheer H of it, but I don't have any significant amount of published work, so I'm not a prime specimen. Best of luck to you, and God or somebody bless the school system...

Ayita St. James

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hate To Be A Bother, But...

Well, I'm doing a project for my English class. We're supposed to find someone to interview who already works in my chosen career. Something about the ISD having to check and see if the teachers are doing their job. (God forbid the school system cares about us. :tongue ) Anyways, I was wondering would any of you be willing to let me interview you. I promise, the questions are not invasive whatsoever and whatever you don't feel comfortable with answering, you don't have to.

Please think it over and whoever can, please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you sooo much in advance. :)

*~* Ayita *~*

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I'm guessing your chosen field is writing. What end of writing? Publishing? Editing? Being an agent? Writing fiction? Non-fiction books? Freelance writing? :) The list goes on.

Does the person you interview have to be in the same country/state/province as you? Are there any other criteria that will exclude certain writers?

I'd be willing to volunteer. :D I'm a Canadian living in Sri Lanka, if that makes a difference. :)

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
What about listing your interview questions, list it as an interview, then people can respond to all your questions and such in a post?

Ayita St. James

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well no, they don't have to live in my country, it just has to be someone who is in my field.

There are 32 questions and I don't want to overload anyone, so I'll just post most of them:

1. Qualifications for this position.
2. Training required.
3. Schooling required.
4. Any specific high school classes that you are glad you took that help you?
5. Would a background in foreign language be an asset?
6. Any college courses taken?
7. What made you choose this career?
8. How long have you been in this career?
9. Have you ever had second thoughts
10. Best part about your job?
11. Most difficult part?
12. Favorite and least favorite part?
13. Any dangers?
14. If you could change one aspect of your career, what would it be?
15. Are you ever required to travel?
16. Do you work with technology?
17. Are you in a union?
18. What is the working environment like?
19. Fringe benifits, estimated salary? (If you don't feel comfortable with this question, you don't have to answer it.)
20. Most rewarding aspect of your career?
21. Job outlook of the future?
22. Advice to anyone wishing to enter this field?

This is about it. Thanks in advance to all of you. :snoopy:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
With the thousands of scribblers hanging out here, I'm sure you will find some willing victims subjects :D

Humever, I think you might up the odds of a quicker response if you posted in the Round Table forum.

I would volunteer for the sheer H of it, but I don't have any significant amount of published work, so I'm not a prime specimen. Best of luck to you, and God or somebody bless the school system...

Yeah, that's a good sugestion. You're more likely to get a response in Round Table I think. And away we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.