PDA

View Full Version : We get one first!

Mr Flibble
05-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Yes! After the Colour of Magic, Sky are now going to do Going Postal. And we get it first, just for once!

*hopes for Ray Winstone as Sam Vimes*

Jealous of your earlier movie releases? It could be.....

slcboston
05-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm completely confused... :Huh:

Mr Flibble
05-06-2008, 02:29 AM
You don't know of Pterry?

Terry Pratchett?

Really?

slcboston
05-06-2008, 02:40 AM
I know Terry Pratchett.... though I'm not overly familiar with his ouvre... and now I'm even MORE confused wondering what he has to do with your first post. :D

nevada
05-06-2008, 02:45 AM
allow me to translate. I believe that Sky is a UK tv network. Apparently they produced a production of the colour of magic and are now going to produce Going Postal, another Terry Pratchet work. IdiotsRUs was just happy that they are going to produce this and was just saying that for once a UK network is producing a show and the Brits will get to see it first as opposed to having to wait for some UK network to buy a US production, which usually takes a year or so.

I think.

slcboston
05-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Ah. Funny, I thought it always worked the other way round. You know, Dr Who, the Office, etc... :D

plaidearthworm
05-06-2008, 03:07 AM
I've only seen Hogfather, haven't ever seen the tv productions of the others. But, wow, imagining Moist's gold suit, and the impressive workings of the AM postal service, I hope Going Postal makes it to the US!

Mr Flibble
05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
allow me to translate. I believe that Sky is a UK tv network. Apparently they produced a production of the colour of magic and are now going to produce Going Postal, another Terry Pratchet work. IdiotsRUs was just happy that they are going to produce this and was just saying that for once a UK network is producing a show and the Brits will get to see it first as opposed to having to wait for some UK network to buy a US production, which usually takes a year or so.

I think.

Thank you for being more coherent than me :)

HeronW
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Ah, gotcha, though if it goes to US viewers, I hope there's a name change since the US interpretation of 'going postal' involves body bags and tragedy no one ever gets over.

Mr Flibble
05-06-2008, 01:08 PM
One suspects that it was named Going Postal after that very phenomenon.

Stacia Kane
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Eh. The hubs and I have hated both adaptations so far, so...we probably won't even bother to watch this one (we made it about twenty minutes into Hogfather, and forty or so into The Colour of Magic, before we decided they were just too bad to keep watching.)

Shadow_Ferret
05-06-2008, 06:50 PM

I think.
Thanks for the translation. I was completely baffled.