A whole lotta shake'n going on - recent earthquakes

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
Now a 5.2 in Missouri, not unheard of but it seems conspicuous to me in light of all the other recent events.

Is it me, or lately does there seem to be a whole lot of unusual seismic activity going on in the United States?

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is the groundswell of public opinion about to burst through to the surface.

Richard

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Now a 5.2 in Missouri, not unheard of but it seems conspicuous to me in light of all the other recent events.

Is it me, or lately does there seem to be a whole lot of unusual seismic activity going on in the United States?

I am from Missouri and I live very near the New Madrid Fault Line and we have small tremors all the time. Hundreds a week but nothing strong enough to report.
The 5.2 was actually centered in SE Illinois in another fault zone.
Earthquakes aren't uncommon at all in the area where I live.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was it last week or the week before that Nevada was shaking Terri to pieces?

Earthquakes remind me that blizzards aren't so bad...

Maryn, far from fault lines

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com

Think New Madrid Fault.

It is a major one and although there hasn't been a big earthquake since the early 1800's (when there was a catacylsmic one), it isn't that uncommon to experience tremors.

I've lived in both north and south Missouri; felt tremors both places on occasion but nothing big.

Not yet, anyway.