Status
Not open for further replies.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
I've been to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, in Oakland. Mmmmmm. I don't think, however, that I'd want to join anyone in a hot tub after that. Maybe before.

Timing is. Everything.

-pkpk

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I'll join ya, Ray. By the way, you have a little something on ya...I think it's some chocolate left from last night.

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to Hattiesburg today, to the Books-A-Million there, but there are tornado watches and warnings being issued all over the place down here. Maybe I better stay home.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of my most peaceful moments ever was in a hot tub in my friend's back yard, attached to the house and somewhat protected by greenery and a roof.

'Mr. Maryn' was gravely ill at the time. People don't know what to say or how to help you at such times, but Betty did. The kids and I shared a simple family dinner. Afterward, Betty suggested I relax while they took care of all the kids.

Sitting in the steaming water watching it snow hard, straight down, in absolute stillness... Closest to serenity I've ever been.

Of course, Ray's hot tub is going to be a while different thing now--but remember me next winter!

['Mr. Maryn' recovered, BTW. Whew!]

Maryn, who belongs in a tub of some sort right now

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Maryn, come in and join us. I promise I'll behave (I can't guarantee the others though).

One of my favorate things to do is to sit in a hot tub when it's cold outside, and watch the sun rise. I've done that a few times. It's really peaceful. I also like to sit in the hot tub at night, and watch the stars above me. Really soothing.

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
I've never been in a hot tub before. I don't even know anyone (in person) who has one.

That's okay, I'll always have Ray's virtual hot tub.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
paprikapink said:
I've been to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, in Oakland. Mmmmmm. I don't think, however, that I'd want to join anyone in a hot tub after that. Maybe before.

Timing is. Everything.

-pkpk

Actually, I've gone to Roscoe and wasn't too impressed. I guess fried chicken and waffles just aren't my kind of food combination.

Give me chocolate and whipped cream every day.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
poppyhullings said:
I've never been in a hot tub before. I don't even know anyone (in person) who has one.

That's okay, I'll always have Ray's virtual hot tub.

Come on in, Poppy. I'll make you feel like a natural woman...

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Poppy, you absolutely MUST get in a real hot tub. There is nothing else like it, it's better than sex, (well, maybe I'm going a little overboard with that, I guess it's according to how old you are.) Anyway, put an ad in the paper, "Seeking a new friend. The only requirement is that you have a hot tub!":D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, is Cuddles & Bubbles the one on Cape Cod? (Hyannis, perhaps?) Mr. Maryn and I got very drunk in a Jacuzzi-hot tub there, so blasted that we didn't fight over angles in the round bed.

Poppy, if I'm thinking of the right one, it's just a motel in which every room has such a tub. We've stayed in others that do--lots of places have a few rooms with a tub (sometimes in addition to the ordinary tub in the bathroom), sometimes in the most awkward, afterthought-y places. (You can see the TV from the tub, but not the bed or sofa?) Next time you travel, poke around online and maybe you can stay someplace that offers one. (You can get all the flaky skin off your legs and feet, too!)

Maryn, hoping that last part wasn't too gross

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
Maryn, come in and join us. I promise I'll behave (I can't guarantee the others though).

One of my favorate things to do is to sit in a hot tub when it's cold outside, and watch the sun rise. I've done that a few times. It's really peaceful. I also like to sit in the hot tub at night, and watch the stars above me. Really soothing.

Geez, if you're absolutely going to behave, where's the adventure?

We talk about adding a hot tub, but I think it's in the same league as building a woodworking shop or a room over the garage--somebody's got to want it a lot more than anybody actually does. Luckily, I can just drop in at your place! (I won't scritch at the dead skin on my feet, I promise!)

Maryn

Poppy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, if I keep talking about this subject, y'all are gonna laugh your asses off about how ignorant I am and have solid evidence that I don't get out much.

Hey Ray, read me some more poetry, would ya?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The light of my fire
the fire of my loin
I Pressed my lips together
pushing and releasing
Pop- Py, Pop-Py
The sounds of rapture