Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Faery~

hey, this is my first time here and i was wondering what kind of forum this is. thanx:Sun:

Hermit

Registered
Reaction score
"phpbb" is a religion...not a D-Board. I think it's against the rules for you folks to be here. Why can't you stick to the airports and bus terminals and city streets?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"phpbb"..."D-board"

It's official. I'm now the nice old woman who just doesn't understand These Young People Today. (I suppose I'll have to abandon Anathema for Glenn Miller?)

Maryn, older every passing minute

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
When you find out what it means, tell me too, Maryn. I'll be in my cave, chiselling my lastest work onto a block of stone.

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
I like visiting these boards (and this subsection) because every one here is very smart and are great writers. Why I can't find these people in real life is beyond me. Maybe its because I am antisocial recluse :)

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
I too am thinking feel like comparing the costs of continence products when people start on about codes and the like.

However, I found out what a bot was about a month ago, so go me! I can be such a rad, super cool, wicked babe. I know the word on the street!

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
I may be random, and I may be an autobot, and that may be text I'm generating... But that don't give you the right to call me an autobot random text generator.

Harumph. I'm the ghost in the machine.

-pkpk

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
PHP is a computer language code, and the BB at the end of that means Bulletin Board. It's just one of a gazillion computer languages out there, that I wish I could understand.

Hell, who am I kidding...I can barely understand my -own- language.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I have no idea what any of that means, either, but if it helps any, this is a VBulletin board. :)

Hermit, what's a D-board?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
D-board--maybe you need a D-cup to participate? (Oh, that was just tacky!) I'm at a real loss on computer questions since the kids left for college, but I should have figured out BB. Sheesh...

Maryn, the cat's pajamas

~Faery~

drgnlvr said:
PHP is a computer language code, and the BB at the end of that means Bulletin Board. It's just one of a gazillion computer languages out there, that I wish I could understand.

Hell, who am I kidding...I can barely understand my -own- language.
yes!!! they have boards that r nice nd easy. neways, that wuz an example i wuz using to help u understand wut i wuz asking. what kind of message board is this? or at least does ne1 know who created it?

sandholme

Registered
Reaction score
Agent help

Hi,

Do any of you know anything regarding Dr Deborah Arrowsmith, a literary agent from Colorado?

Any info gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
~Faery~ said:
yes!!! they have boards that r nice nd easy. neways, that wuz an example i wuz using to help u understand wut i wuz asking. what kind of message board is this? or at least does ne1 know who created it?
Faery,

JennaGlatzer is the creator of the Absolute Write Water Cooler board (this board). She posted about 3 posts above you, and explained this:

JennaGlatzer said:
I have no idea what any of that means, either, but if it helps any, this is a VBulletin board. :)

Hermit, what's a D-board?
Hope that helps!

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
zizban said:
I like visiting these boards (and this subsection) because every one here is very smart and are great writers. Why I can't find these people in real life is beyond me. Maybe its because I am antisocial recluse :)

I know what you mean!

sandholme

Registered
Reaction score
Antisocial recluse

Oh this is my dream!

My grandfather spent his days in his actic writing, and people called him the hermit. He was perfectly happy writing and reading his hours away. It sounds like heaven to me.

Give me an attic, books, and a computer anyday, and I would soon become an antisocial recluse, and love it!

sandholme

Registered
Reaction score
arrowsmith maiden name

Finally... when someone checked DA's resume and wrote to all those places she said she had experience with and they wrote back saying they had never heard of her, did anyone stop to wonder if she may have worked there under her maiden name? whatever that was?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sandholme, could you perhaps post your questions about Ms. Arrowsmith to the Bewares and Background Checks board? They'll get lost here, for sure--and the lost-and-found box is already totally overflowing. (Whose panties are these? So many dog-eared books... hmm, think I'll borrow this one. Wow, somebody lost a wooden leg!)

Maryn

Status
Not open for further replies.