View Full Version : What The Hell.....

Terran
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
A cooking thread on AW?
Ive only been gone for a month.
What happened?

czjaba
05-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, since most of us stay and stay and stay, apparently Mac thought it was appropriate to feed us as well. There's also a Sandbox we can go play in to juggle around ideas.

But seriously, there's lots of quick-fix ideas for supper. You know, so cooking for those other people we live with don't take up too much time away from AW. :D

soleary
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Terran,

I treat it like the Food Network. I watch each episodic thread develop, and yet it gets me no closer to banging pots in the kitchen. :)

Terran
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Well, since most of us stay and stay and stay, apparently Mac thought it was appropriate to feed us as well. :D

I'm still HUNGRY!:D

Maryn
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Getcherass over here, then. I'll make you pancakes until you can't eat any more.

Maryn, spatula expert

Terran
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Well with an order like that...who can refuse?

CACTUSWENDY
05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Maryn,

you got enough for another guest?

I like lots and lots of syrup......warm.....melted pattys of butter between layers.......and some sliced bananas allllll over......

(Dang.....now I am hungry...)

Shadow_Ferret
05-05-2008, 10:40 PM
A cooking thread on AW?
Ive only been gone for a month.
What happened?
I understand most of the other threads, I mean, even movies and music have something to do with writing. But this one? I'm scratching my head.

Getcherass over here, then. I'll make you pancakes until you can't eat any more.

Maryn, spatula expert
Sorry, your big-eyed grub avatar made me lose my appetite.

Sarita
05-06-2008, 04:18 AM
I understand most of the other threads, I mean, even movies and music have something to do with writing. But this one? I'm scratching my head.Um? People write cookbooks...

Shadow_Ferret
05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Um? People write cookbooks...
Really? There is actual writing involved?

Sarita
05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Really? There is actual writing involved?
Sure. Think about the side bars of tips and info in a cook book. And the actual recipe? Someone has to think of a clever way to say all that kitchen lingo so that it doesn't get boring.

slcboston
05-06-2008, 11:09 PM

Maryn, spatula expert

Mmmm... pancakes. Enough to get me out of the BPRD offices anyday. :D

Snowstorm
05-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Sure. Think about the side bars of tips and info in a cook book. And the actual recipe? Someone has to think of a clever way to say all that kitchen lingo so that it doesn't get boring.

And don't forget about dedications, or if you have a cookbook that has a focus, such as cooking with beer or sourdough or dutch oven or whatever, there's a lot of descriptions, anecdotes, and history (both ancient or modern) involved that much be researched and written.

RLB
05-06-2008, 11:23 PM

And don't forget about dedications, or if you have a cookbook that has a focus, such as cooking with beer or sourdough or dutch oven or whatever, there's a lot of descriptions, anecdotes, and history (both ancient or modern) involved that much be researched and written.

This is the official party line for the cooking forum. I however, just love that I can talk about two of my favorite things - food and writing - on AW.