Reaction score
A cooking thread on AW?
Ive only been gone for a month.
What happened?

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, since most of us stay and stay and stay, apparently Mac thought it was appropriate to feed us as well. There's also a Sandbox we can go play in to juggle around ideas.

But seriously, there's lots of quick-fix ideas for supper. You know, so cooking for those other people we live with don't take up too much time away from AW. :D

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
Terran,

I treat it like the Food Network. I watch each episodic thread develop, and yet it gets me no closer to banging pots in the kitchen. :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Getcherass over here, then. I'll make you pancakes until you can't eat any more.

Maryn, spatula expert

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn,

you got enough for another guest?

I like lots and lots of syrup......warm.....melted pattys of butter between layers.......and some sliced bananas allllll over......

(Dang.....now I am hungry...)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
A cooking thread on AW?
Ive only been gone for a month.
What happened?
I understand most of the other threads, I mean, even movies and music have something to do with writing. But this one? I'm scratching my head.
Getcherass over here, then. I'll make you pancakes until you can't eat any more.

Maryn, spatula expert
Sorry, your big-eyed grub avatar made me lose my appetite.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Really? There is actual writing involved?
Sure. Think about the side bars of tips and info in a cook book. And the actual recipe? Someone has to think of a clever way to say all that kitchen lingo so that it doesn't get boring.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. Think about the side bars of tips and info in a cook book. And the actual recipe? Someone has to think of a clever way to say all that kitchen lingo so that it doesn't get boring.

And don't forget about dedications, or if you have a cookbook that has a focus, such as cooking with beer or sourdough or dutch oven or whatever, there's a lot of descriptions, anecdotes, and history (both ancient or modern) involved that much be researched and written.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score

And don't forget about dedications, or if you have a cookbook that has a focus, such as cooking with beer or sourdough or dutch oven or whatever, there's a lot of descriptions, anecdotes, and history (both ancient or modern) involved that much be researched and written.

This is the official party line for the cooking forum. I however, just love that I can talk about two of my favorite things - food and writing - on AW.