PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of the Gavel

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

I can't tell you what an honor it's been to run the auctions for AW for the last year or so. If anyone had told me we'd be as successful as we were at raising much-needed funds for the forum, I'd have laughed out loud and wondered what was being smoked to inspire such a pipe dream.

But... successful we were! And we had a lot of fun.

It's time for me to hand that lovely gavel over to our next auctioneer. You all know her and, if you've paid attention at all, you've known for weeks she'd be taking my place. Soccer Mom couldn't run fast enough to escape the draftwas so excited to launch the New Auction Era!

I know she'll bring some good deals and some more fun to the auctions... and I'll be right here with my coin purse, lookin' to bid! Hope y'all will join me...

... and welcome Soccer Mom to the Auction House!

Jen

Silver King
05-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Thank you, Jen. Thank you for your hard work, dedication and for establishing the auctions as a true means to help support AW. Without you, it would've never happened.

You're a gem, my friend. :)

Soccer will have some big shoes to fill, but I've heard she has huge feet, so it should be a fairly smooth transition. ;)

(I'm choked up, so it's a good thing you can't see me...)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
It's good she has big feet... mine are size 10s, actually. (My sister said they looked like 'gun boats'... gotta love sisters!)

Anyway... it's been a pleasure. I enjoyed doing it, glad it was a help... and also glad Soccer Mom's taking over! :D

Uh... SK... what happened to your avatar? What have I missed?

CACTUSWENDY
05-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh,,,,,,,,((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((OFG))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

It has been a blast...you slinging that gavel down....doing shout-outs.....pulling every penny, nickel, and dime from this rowdy bunch of buds.

Thank you for your time and engery Jen.

SM...Mary, I look forward to your style, and that lady-like charm that you have about you.

Let the fun begin.....

(We are fam mole lee. la la la laaaaleeeee)

mscelina
05-03-2008, 04:58 PM
What auction?

*pause*

*grin*

Maryn
05-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I for one am grateful to old and new auctioneers alike, and for this means of fundraising.

I'm a lot more able to offer something for auction than to write a check, most months, and bidding on the cool stuff is fun even when I don't win. (And I've gotten terrific bargains more than once, too.)

Way to be, ladies!

Maryn, tipping her hat

cray
05-03-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for your hard work, ofg.

even if i didn't get the basspro card, you're still a-ok :)

best wishes soccermom!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I've had lots of help, folks. Without y'all to donate and bid, and without Silver King, it wouldn't have happened. At all. He was, truly, the power behind the gavel... and I bow to his inspiration and hand holding, during the best and worst of times.

SpookyWriter
05-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I'd like to thank Jen for all her hard work and making the AW auctions such a success. She took the lead and organized the auctions to be fun and interesting as a means of helping to support Absolute Write.

I'd like to welcome our new auctioneer, Soccer Mom and wish her the best with the future auctions.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and continues to support a fantastic forum.

Soccer Mom
05-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I'll still be bothering OFG constantly with questions and of course SK is still the true power behind the gavel.

Getting ready for some new auctions, kitteh style!

Haggis
05-05-2008, 04:31 AM
When did we start having auctions here?

:D

Soccer Mom
05-05-2008, 05:23 AM
I ought to bite you for that remark, but you would probably enjoy it.

Haggis
05-05-2008, 05:27 AM
I ought to bite you for that remark, but you would probably enjoy it.

A little to the left, please. :D

Lordy, it's good to see the Yorkie back.

Silver King
05-05-2008, 05:56 AM
...and of course SK is still the true power behind the gavel.
Yeah, just wait until you see how little he does!

You'll want to change his username to Slacker King.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Don't mind me... I'll just take over haunting the joint with the other Auction Ghosts... whhhoooooooooOOOooooOOOOOOOOooooo!

C.bronco
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Hurray for Soccer mom!

Bmwhtly
05-05-2008, 11:39 PM
OFG, you've done a cracking job! We, the shoppers, salute you.

SoccerMum, welcome aboard!

*waits patiently*

Auction please?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Goodness, they're impatient, ain't they, Mom?

Soccer Mom
05-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Hmmm. I need to go make an announcement...

robeiae
05-06-2008, 03:36 AM
Is passing a gavel anything like passing a kidney stone?

*shudders*

Soccer Mom
05-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Is passing a gavel anything like passing a kidney stone?

*shudders*

It's a lot like that, but without the painkillers.

poetinahat
05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
When did we start having auctions here?

Fricken Haggis.

*kick*

Go Bucks.

Soccer Mom
05-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I made a leetle announcement. Click the "HALP" in my sig line.