View Full Version : Who do YOU pitch to?

04-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was looking at the poll about what animals we write about and was amazed to see how many write outside of cats, dogs or birds.

I am more of a cat writer and pitch to I Love Cats, Cat Fancy. Cats & Kittens & Cat World.

So, I wanted to ask who do YOU pitch to?

04-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I write about dogs, and have pitched to Fido Friendly (1 article published + 1 pending), Dog Nose News (article pending), Pet Friendly (have expressed interest, but no sale yet), Dog Fancy (only rejections) Dog & Kennel (only rejections), Dog Gone (only rejections), and Pet Life (now defunct).

In the coming months, I plan to also pitch The Bark and women's magazines that include articles on pet care.

Who's next?

04-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Yikes, sorry I'm so late!

When I do pitch, I usually pitch to bird publications; haven't pitched anything in a long while though because I get enough assignments to keep me busy. So far in the past year, I've covered a variety of pet-related topics: companion birds (health, diets, caging, species profiles, bird-safe disinfectants, etc), dog grooming equipment, small exotic animals such as hedgehogs, chinchillas, and sugar gliders, bottled water for pets, lots of other things I can't remember right now.

While I do write primarily about birds and bird topics, I enjoy writing about all sorts of animals/pets. I just love all them furred and feathered and finned critters!

04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
And all those articles were in addition to all the other stuff I wrote!
Didn't want anybody to think I'm a one-track writer. :roll:
but in all fairness, my favorite writing is about animals and pets and i'll shut up now...