Who do YOU pitch to?

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was looking at the poll about what animals we write about and was amazed to see how many write outside of cats, dogs or birds.

I am more of a cat writer and pitch to I Love Cats, Cat Fancy. Cats & Kittens & Cat World.

So, I wanted to ask who do YOU pitch to?

Reece

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I write about dogs, and have pitched to Fido Friendly (1 article published + 1 pending), Dog Nose News (article pending), Pet Friendly (have expressed interest, but no sale yet), Dog Fancy (only rejections) Dog & Kennel (only rejections), Dog Gone (only rejections), and Pet Life (now defunct).

In the coming months, I plan to also pitch The Bark and women's magazines that include articles on pet care.

Who's next?

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Yikes, sorry I'm so late!

When I do pitch, I usually pitch to bird publications; haven't pitched anything in a long while though because I get enough assignments to keep me busy. So far in the past year, I've covered a variety of pet-related topics: companion birds (health, diets, caging, species profiles, bird-safe disinfectants, etc), dog grooming equipment, small exotic animals such as hedgehogs, chinchillas, and sugar gliders, bottled water for pets, lots of other things I can't remember right now.

While I do write primarily about birds and bird topics, I enjoy writing about all sorts of animals/pets. I just love all them furred and feathered and finned critters!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
P.S.

And all those articles were in addition to all the other stuff I wrote!
Didn't want anybody to think I'm a one-track writer. :roll:
but in all fairness, my favorite writing is about animals and pets and i'll shut up now...

Last edited: