PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Hatred of a Director

Dommo
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I figured since we had the irrational hatred of actors thread, we might as well move on to the true culprits of shitty movies.

Directors.

Specifically one director.

Uwe Boll

Say the name, it's true pronunciation is "evil". If there is any justice in this world, the man should be strapped to chair, and forced to watch his own movies. This man has also accomplished something unheard of. Single handedly damning a genre of movies for all eternity(video game based flicks). From him is the wellspring that spawns almost 92.7% of all truly shitty movies.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/1-3-05.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/filmorate

I mean look at this crap. He's directed an produced a ton of movies, yet his top film has barely a 4.0 rating.

Uwe Boll, I solute you on living a dream. I want to know how the hell you ever talked someone into giving you money to make a film, but I figure it involved the selling of a soul to satan. Hopefully there is a judgment day so that Uwe Boll can be cast into the pit of fire, along with his movies.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Quentin Tarantino.

C.bronco
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
There was an irrational hatred of a random actors thread and I missed it? Oy.
I've never seen one of Uwe Boll's movies, actually. I haven't heard of most of them, but I don't get out much.

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Do I even need to say it? (though I submit that my hatred of this person's work is entirely rational)

Rob Cohen, who has brought us The Fast and the Furious, XXX, and Stealth, is pretty much a lost cause as far as talent goes. He's bringing us the entirely unnecessary 2nd sequel to The Mummy this August. Woo hoo...

mscelina
05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Michael Moore.

WendyNYC
05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Whoever directed "Showgirls."

Celia Cyanide
05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Quentin Tarantino.

You took mine.

C.bronco
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Michael Moore.
ditto

James81
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Who directed Batman and Robin? I want to personally find that person and punch them in their jaw.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Who directed Batman and Robin? I want to personally find that person and punch them in their jaw.

Joel Schumacher. Yeah, he hasn't made a good film for a while now....

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Joel Schumacher. Damn him.

And Paul Verhoeven made Showgirls. But he also made Robocop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct and Black Book, so I give him a pass...

Constantine K
05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Brett Ratner.

Oops, I should've put him in the "rational hatred" thread.

Shadow_Ferret
05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Rob Cohen, who has brought us The Fast and the Furious, XXX, and Stealth, is pretty much a lost cause as far as talent goes. He's bringing us the entirely unnecessary 2nd sequel to The Mummy this August. Woo hoo...
Am I missing something? Those were all good movies.

childeroland
05-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Hatred of Uwe Boll is not irrational, but a sign of a civilized human being. Try to sit through 'Afraid of the Dark' or 'Bloodrayne' and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

Seriously, a lot of film geeks seem to hold a rancid hate for Bryan Singer because of 'Superman Returns'. Ever read some of the blogs out there, their rants get pretty vile when spilling over into personal territory.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Michael Bay. It's not like his movies are not entertaining. But it's always the same BIG, LOUD, stupid popcorn. I'm rather tired of him.

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Am I missing something? Those were all good movies.

Oh, you like everything with an explosion in it...

Gravity
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Is Uwe Boll the dirrector that wanted to get one of his critics in the boxing ring and then go all Mickey Rourke wildman on his butt? If that's the guy, that's...weird.

Shadow_Ferret
05-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, yeah.

That's why I got a big subwoofer.

Celia Cyanide
05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Is Uwe Boll the dirrector that wanted to get one of his critics in the boxing ring and then go all Mickey Rourke wildman on his butt? If that's the guy, that's...weird.

I think he actually did it.

Seaclusion
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Tim Burton. James and the Giant peach was ridiculous.

Richard

slcboston
05-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Hatred of Uwe Boll is not irrational, but a sign of a civilized human being. Try to sit through 'Afraid of the Dark' or 'Bloodrayne' and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

I sat through 'Bloodrayne.'

Admittedly, that was due more to certain, uh, "aspects" of the title character and the judicious but sparing use of leather than actual acting or directing. :D

Otherwise, what you said. :)

jennontheisland
05-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Sophia Coppola.

She had a nice little ride on some coattails and should never make another movie.
Ever.

jennontheisland
05-02-2008, 11:59 PM

Movies that don't have explosions or smatterings of blood are just no fun at all.

Jcomp
05-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Movies that don't have explosions or smatterings of blood are just no fun at all.

They can be when they have nudity. In fact, I prefer my nudity sans blood smattered explosions.... most of the time anyway...

Shadow_Ferret
05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
I sat through 'Bloodrayne.'

Admittedly, that was due more to certain, uh, "aspects" of the title character and the judicious but sparing use of leather than actual acting or directing. :D

Otherwise, what you said. :)
I did too hoping against hope it would get better because I liked the video game.

I wasn't too keen on the lead actress though. I think there are many more much better looking actresses in tight clothes.

They can be when they have nudity. In fact, I prefer my nudity sans blood smattered explosions.... most of the time anyway...

Unless the nudity itself is blood splattered.

Wait. Did I just reveal too much?

DL Hegel
05-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree:) love gore and things that go boom:)

ChaosTitan
05-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Seriously, a lot of film geeks seem to hold a rancid hate for Bryan Singer because of 'Superman Returns'.

I buy comic geeks hating Bryan Singer, but film geeks? Hating the man who directed The Usual Suspects?

:crazy: