SIGNED WITH AN AGENT

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
After receiving a very nice phonecall Wednesday night, and the Agency Agreement the next day, I'm pleased to say that I've signed with Rachel Vater of Folio Management to represent my paranormal mystery, SOAPSUDS, SEX AND SILVER BULLETS.

From my conversation, Rachel seems to be everything her clients say she is - bright, knowledgeable, and she gets excited over her clients. it's great to finally have someone like that in my corner, and I wish everyone else who's hunting for an agent the best of luck. It's a phenomenal feeling when it finally happens. I'm still pinching myself :D

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Toni! From everything I've heard about Rachel, it sure sounds like you are in good hands.

Fantastic!

Starwise

Debut Urban Fantasy Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pierreroustan.spaces.live.com
May I ask how long the agent hunt took? I hear various stories about partials and fulls and "agent and writer don't see eye to eye" and stuff like that. So it must've been long.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
May I ask how long the agent hunt took? I hear various stories about partials and fulls and "agent and writer don't see eye to eye" and stuff like that. So it must've been long.

I sent a query on a Monday, received a request for the full on Tuesday. The following Wednesday she sent it back with revision requests, which I did. Then I thought of something she'd suggested in her notes that would imnprove it even more, and sent her another revision. The whole process, from query to phonecall, took five weeks.

And thanks, Tri. I changed it!

Last edited:

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
That's amazing. She seems like a wonderful person. Congratulations!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

No need to pinch yourself, anymore.