First ghostwriting gig!

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Just got offered my first ghostwriting job! Luckily it requires no research, mostly cleaning up transcribed interviews. The publisher contacted me directly (after a query), so I feel fancy.

Putting the fiction-writing on hold for now while I put food on the table. Welcome to the life of a writer... Someday, humble novel. Someday...

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that fell through. We were still negotiating on price, and found ourselves at a stand-still. I asked for a price that was much too high for him, and he offered something that was, frankly, insulting, and I was willing to go lower, but he changed his mind and decided to go with someone who apparently doesn't mind working for thirty cents an hour.

On the plus side, it ended amicably and he said he would keep my information when any work comes along that is more in my range. But disappointing. Even though it would have been my first full-book contract doesn't mean that I don't deserve a decent wage. Lower than a seasoned professional, sure, but what I was asking was already well below that.

Excuse my rant. Seems like I encounter this time and again. I'm not so hard-up for work that I'll write an entire book for basically a stipend.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Adding another post because that last one was #666 and I can't just let my post count stay that way.