Katherine Heigl
The entire cast of High School Musical
Miley Cyrus

Mr Flibble
05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise

Not exactly irrational, because apart from about two films, he doesn't even bother to act.

HeronW
05-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Keanu Reeves
Aston Kutchner, who learned all his acting skills from the above KR

dpaterso
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I'd understand a thread titled, "Actors/actresses I don't like" -- but irrational hatred may be symptomatic of deeper issues. Best talk this over with a trained professional. I'm just sayin'.

-Derek

Stacia Kane
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Gwyneth Paltrow
Kiera Knightley
Demi Moore
Tom Cruise
Jude Law (actually, I think my hatred of him is pretty rational, considering what a total sleazeball he is)

donroc
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
All of the above. :D

Compare the giants of the 1930s, 40s, and early 50s at the same ages, and the reasons are obvious in terms of maleness, womanliness, and craft.

MattW
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I hated Brad Pitt until I saw 7even, Fight Club, and Oceans 11. Though he has perfected a style of acting called "eating while talking."

Mr and Mrs Smith almost put me back into hate...

Shady Lane
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Sandra Bullock

do not even get me STARTED.

ghhhhh

Haggis
05-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Leonardo DiCaprio. And there's nothing irrational about it.

Perks
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Winona Ryder

CaroGirl
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Denzel Washington. Hated him in St. Elsewhere. Hated everything he's done since.

Shadow_Ferret
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd understand a thread titled, "Actors/actresses I don't like" -- but irrational hatred may be symptomatic of deeper issues. Best talk this over with a trained professional. I'm just sayin'.

-Derek
I agree with this. If you guys have an irrational hatred for anyone, seek help now.

Denzel Washington. Hated him in St. Elsewhere. Hated everything he's done since.He was in St. Elsewhere? I did not know that.

Fox The Cave
05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise

Not exactly irrational, because apart from about two films, he doesn't even bother to act.

Oh God do I hate that fucking midget.

kristie911
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Tom Cruise...except I love Top Gun. I love it despite the fact that he's in it, not because he's in it. :)

triceretops
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Walter Mathau and Vince Vaughn have no damn business being leading men in ANYTHING. In fact, they have no business sucking oxegen.

Chris Rock is getting on my nerves lately -- Dogma.

Tri

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Nobody (my perfectly rational disdain for the work of Tyler Perry notwithstanding--that has far more to do with his writing than him being Madea).

Hating is for haters.

Appalachian Writer
05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Tom Cruise (completely)
Vince Vaughn
Robert Downey
and many more

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Nobody (my perfectly rational disdain for the work of Tyler Perry notwithstanding--that has far more to do with his writing than him being Madea).

Hating is for haters.

So? Drink some haterade and ante up.

Will Ferrell - what do people see in this schmuck?

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
So? Drink some haterade and ante up.

Ha!

Seriously, there's no one, save for the aforementioned and appropriately abbreviated TP.

There's no one I can think of where I say "I hate them / never watch their movies," because I'm sort of quirky and I'm liable to like at least a few of their flicks.

Will Ferrell, for instance, has a brand of comedy I don't particularly care for, but I loved Stranger Than Fiction and parts of Anchorman had me laughing my head off. I don't dig most of his flicks, but I'm always open to being surprised.

That's pretty much how I feel about actors in general. Hell, Tom Cruise is definitely nutty but I could watch Collateral or Mission Impossible (just the first one) anytime.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Ben Stiller.

Mr Flibble
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Chris Rock is getting on my nerves lately

Oh I'd forgotten about that litte &^$%£. Maybe my mind was trying to blank it out.

Anyone ot a refill for my haterade?

jennontheisland
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Nicholas Cage
Heath Ledger

mscelina
05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
LMAO!

I don't hate any actors. If I dislike their work so strongly, I don't watch them. After all, I have the control of my remote.

*shrug*

But, I did work on The Firm and I have to say--Tom Cruise is an asshole. *shrug* That has more to do with his behavior than his work since I haven't watched a full movie of his since the eighties.

C.bronco
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't really hate anyone, but Tom Cruise gets on my nerves. I think Ben Afleck can make any movie horribly boring, no matter how potentially exciting the script is. Good Will Hunting was fine, but he wasn't playing the lead.
With the exception of The Matrix and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, I think Keanu plays the same character in every single movie.

Jcomp
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't really hate anyone, but Tom Cruise gets on my nerves. I think Ben Afleck can make any movie horribly boring, no matter how potentially exciting the script is. Good Will Hunting was fine, but he wasn't playing the lead.
With the exception of The Matrix and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, I think Keanu plays the same character in every single movie.

The thing about Afleck is that he has this natural aloofness that makes it virtually impossible to take him too seriously. Ben missed his calling. He's supposed to be a "That guy," the one who's not name-recognized, but when you see him on screen you instantly know what kind of character he's going to play within the context of the flick, and you're okay with that.

Kind of like the "surprise" villain in Cellular. The second he came on the screen apparently playing a bit role I knew he was the bad guy because his face is too familiar. He's too big to just be a random character, but not big enough to be on the film's poster.

That should be Ben. That's not a bad career.

donroc
05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Can Tom Cruise breathe through his nose with his mouth closed?

TerzaRima
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Hate is a strong word, but Gwyneth Paltrow in any role is a powerful irritant for me.

Toothpaste
05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
You see for me Keira Knightly is actual irrational hatred, because I don't think she's a bad actress, and I do think she is very attractive (though I wish she'd eat a cookie, she would be stunning if she ate a cookie). When I read or she her interviews I actually think we would get along really well. So for me, it's just plain jealousy, she plays roles I wish I could play. I am trying to turn this genuine irrational hatred around, by speaking positively about her and stuff, but it's tricky. I have no idea why I feel this way about her!

Elodie-Caroline
05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Jim Carey & Eddie Murphy - They are both up their own @sses and aren't funny at all.

Chris Tucker - I hate his squeaky voice and he totally ruins the film, Fifth element.

Tom Cruise - He's Tom Cruise in every single film he's in, his character never changes. The only trouble is, he's in some good films, so I suffer him.

Elodie

III
05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
JACK BLACK
Nicole Kidman
Vince Vaughn
Cameron Diaz
Kirstie Alley
Michael Chiklis

... I could do this all day ....

BenPanced
05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
You see for me Keira Knightly is actual irrational hatred, because I don't think she's a bad actress, and I do think she is very attractive (though I wish she'd eat a cookie, she would be stunning if she ate a cookie). When I read or she her interviews I actually think we would get along really well. So for me, it's just plain jealousy, she plays roles I wish I could play. I am trying to turn this genuine irrational hatred around, by speaking positively about her and stuff, but it's tricky. I have no idea why I feel this way about her!
Her shoulder blades were so prominent in Bend It Like Beckham, they deserved to be listed in the credits.

Many actors and actresses born after 1968.

The entire cast of Friends. I've made a personal vow to never see anything any of them have done, I hate that show so much.

JimmyB27
05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Jim Carey & Eddie Murphy - They are both up their own @sses and aren't funny at all.

:Jaw:
What, even as Donkey?

Elodie-Caroline
05-02-2008, 07:11 PM
The best ever suited part he played, wasn't it ... donkey = ass :tongue

:Jaw:
What, even as Donkey?

chartreuse
05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Cameron Diaz

I don't have to do it all day...Cameron Diaz IS my list. And my hatred of her IS irrational; I have no problem admitting it. I can't even really say why I hate her. I just think she's a disgusting skank. I won't see movies she's in, even if they are otherwise filled with actors I love (like The Holiday, with Kate Winslet, Jack Black and Jude Law, three of my favorites. Wish I could watch it but I have sworn to never enter Skankville again. It's too awful.)

I'm almost tempted to add Charlize Theron to the list but I don't actually hate her - I just resent the fact that she took Stuart Townsend off the market.

childeroland
05-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Almost every actor seems to draw irrational hate from someone -- look at all the 'controversy' over the Miley Cyrus pics. Whatever you think of them, much of the ire thrown at her seems a wee bit psychotic.

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, cameron diaz always seems to be covered in her greasy sweaty sheen. Yes, she is a skank.

Mel Gibson may be a jew-hating bastard, but he can make a good movie. Except 'signs' which was horrible, and that had a lot to do with M. Night Shamma-lamma-ding-dang

melaniehoo
05-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Chloe Sevigny (or however you spell that). She wigs me out.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 07:22 PM
JACK BLACK
Vince Vaughn
Cameron Diaz
Kirstie Alley
Michael Chiklis

yes, yes, yes... add to this list: Seth Rogen, Seth Green, Owen Wilson, Tracy Morgan, Will Ferrell....

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm almost tempted to add Charlize Theron to the list but I don't actually hate her - I just resent the fact that she took Stuart Townsend off the market.

It's Stuart Townsend who should be hated for taking Charlize Theron off the market. F***er. That's why I'm still single. Ass****.

I'm not irrational. Not. At. All.

III
05-02-2008, 07:26 PM
The entire cast of Friends. I've made a personal vow to never see anything any of them have done, I hate that show so much.

Preach it, brother! I'm soooo with you.

melaniehoo
05-02-2008, 07:26 PM
It's Stuart Townsend who should be hated for taking Charlize Theron off the market. F***er. That's why I'm still single. Ass****.

I'm not irrational. Not. At. All.

But they're so pretty! ;)

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, imagine going to bed with this every night...

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/charlize-theron-100-11-07.jpg

YEAH I CAN.

F*** Stuart Townsend.

:)

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I watched, for the first (and last) time last night, 30 Rock.

What a putrid nasty piece of crap. I did not laugh, chuckle, or giggle one time during the entire show. How can this stupidity be getting so much good press?

pure ignorance. every second of it.

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, imagine going to bed with this every night...

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/charlize-theron-100-11-07.jpg

YEAH I CAN.

F*** Stuart Townsend.

Pure greatness. what a sweet clean human bean.

III
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Kevin Nealon
Jimmy Fallon
Amy Poehler
The fake Wayans brothers
Seth Rogan (thanks for reminding me, Ray)
HUGH GRANT
Renee Zelwigger (I'm not even looking up how to spell her name correctly)
George Lopez
.... did I mention I could do this all day ....

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I can't stand Renee Zellweger. I don't know why. It's not she's a bad actress or anything, but I just can't... she squints worse than I do -- I can't have that!

jennifer75
05-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I can't believe I didn't see it anywhere below...... Steven Seagal. Wow, such an irrational hatred I have.

Cranky
05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Add me to the "Hates Renee" club.

Also, Katherine Zeta-Jones, but that's from pure jealousy on my part.

dgiharris
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Steven Seagal (nice guy in real life, horrible actor)
Jean Claude Van Damme (except his only good movie Bloodsport)

Kevin Costner. Besides WaterWorld, I cannot stand him after 'Robin Hood: Prince of Theives'. How can you have a movie called "Robin Hood" with everyone talking with an English Accent EXCEPT "Robin Hood"?

W.T.F.

Mel

IceCreamEmpress
05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
There are actors whose work I can't abide, but I wish them well in real life.

Then there are actors whom I don't wish well in real life, usually because they've made racist/sexist/misogynist/homophobic statements.

I have a friend who hated Shirley Maclaine because of her nostrils. She would say "OH MY GOD I CAN'T WATCH THAT MOVIE BECAUSE THE WOMAN WITH THE NOSTRILS IS IN IT!"

Constantine K
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I love everyone you guys have listen so far.

sunna
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker. I find her incredibly annoying. I used to turn off the TV if a commercial came on with her face on it. Now we don't have TV, so everybody's happy.

Tom Cruise. I'm glad to see I'm in the majority with this. I never understood why he had a career at all.

Nicole Kidman. Augh!

Winona Ryder. No matter what she's saying she's whining.

Vandal
05-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I can't stand Renee Zellweger. I don't know why. It's not she's a bad actress or anything, but I just can't... she squints worse than I do -- I can't have that!

There's a medical term for this:

Squint Envy

Well, at least there should be.

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Sarah Jessica Parker - can't stand her or her horsey-face

chartreuse
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Hey, I bet if we set our minds to it we could work together and break them up...

Unfortunately dear Stuart would have to be relegated to being my boy on the side...I'm kind of already with someone. I'm sure we could work something out, though...

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Shia LaBeouf. He acts the same in EVERY SINGLE movie he's in. He's not acting. He's being Shia Fracking LaBeouf saying lines. One word for his stardom: Spielberg. For some reason, the director just loves the kid. When you're Uncle Spielberg's favorite golden boy, you have it made.

RLB
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
He's supposed to be a "That guy," the one who's not name-recognized, but when you see him on screen you instantly know what kind of character he's going to play within the context of the flick, and you're okay with that.

This made me think of Steve Bushemi (sp?), who I like. But for the longest time I only thought of him as "that weird guy." Also, William H. Macy fit that description for me for awhile.

I don't know about "hatred," but if I never saw another movie with the Rock, I'd be fine with that.

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 09:07 PM
The two people in the car in the Sonic commercials. I swear I wish someone would yank them out of that car and pistol-whip them.

jennifer75
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey, I bet if we set our minds to it we could work together and break them up...

Unfortunately dear Stuart would have to be relegated to being my boy on the side...I'm kind of already with someone. I'm sure we could work something out, though...

Hope this helps you get passed it....
http://i27.tinypic.com/f3t5qe.jpg

Gravity
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Sandra Bullock

do not even get me STARTED.

ghhhhh

Aww. I think Sandra Bullock is as cute as a button...

TerzaRima
05-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Katharine Hepburn. No, I don't hate her, but she's distinctly overrated and I don't get the reverence and the status as an American icon. She always basically played a brittle WASP.

Elodie-Caroline
05-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I reckon she's related to Camilla Parker Bowles and Rula Lenska, they both have faces like horses too :D

Sarah Jessica Parker - can't stand her or her horsey-face

DWSTXS
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I reckon she's related to Camilla Parker Bowles and Rula Lenska, they both have faces like horses too :D

I've heard of Camilla Parker Bowels, but not the other one.

Not to mention the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker looks like she smells like 3 day old hot-dog water and ashtrays

Bourgeois Nerd
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I didn't mean to offend anyone with the title of this thread. I was mocking another thread in another online forum with the exact same title. No one seemed to have a problem with it.

If you're a moderator, and want to change the title of this thread to appear more PC or whatever, please do. No issues with that. :)

Izunya
05-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't know about "hatred," but if I never saw another movie with the Rock, I'd be fine with that.

This is about as deep as my hatred usually goes. I mean, Keanau Reeves? Has the acting chops of a dead fish, agreed, so unless he's actually playing a corpse I would tend to avoid him. But as far as I know, the man hasn't gotten drunk and cussed out an entire ethnic minority or anything, so I don't hate him. As far as I know, he's a perfectly nice guy.

Actors who do cuss out entire ethnic minorities, or browbeat people about their cult—that's a whole other matter. But the ones I know about have already been mentioned here.

Izunya

RLB
05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I mean, Keanau Reeves? Has the acting chops of a dead fish, agreed, so unless he's actually playing a corpse I would tend to avoid him.

Did anyone have the enormous good fortune of seeing him in Much Ado About Nothing? Because you really haven't lived until you've seen Keanu do Shakespeare...

I didn't mean to offend anyone with the title of this thread. I was mocking another thread in another online forum with the exact same title. No one seemed to have a problem with it.

I didn't mean to imply your thread title was offensive! I think most of us understand you were going for hyperbole.

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I have an irrational fear for Tim Curry.

slcboston
05-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Whatever the name of that woman who played the mom in "The Sixth Sense."

She annoys me in whatever she's in, which unfortunately happens to be movies I otherwise like.

slcboston
05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I have an irrational fear for Tim Curry.

"for" or "of?" Because if it's "of" I wouldn't call it irrational. I'd call it sensible. He's creepy (anyone remember "Legend"?) :)

slcboston
05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Katharine Hepburn. No, I don't hate her, but she's distinctly overrated and I don't get the reverence and the status as an American icon. She always basically played a brittle WASP.

Oooh, I'd have to disagree, and suggest you haven't seen enough of her films. She definitely deserves the status she was given. In a way she's kind of like John Wayne, though, where the actor appears so often in essentially the same part that you tend to forget that they *could* act, and often very well, when they were given the opportunity to do so.

chartreuse
05-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Whatever the name of that woman who played the mom in "The Sixth Sense."

She annoys me in whatever she's in, which unfortunately happens to be movies I otherwise like.

Toni Collette?

You hate TONI COLLETTE??????

I think I'm going to go watch Muriel's Wedding again just to spite you. But that's dicey because THEN I end up with a weird compulsion to listen to ABBA.

Stacia Kane
05-03-2008, 04:40 AM
Oooh, I forgot Cameron Diaz and Rene Zellweger, both of whom I despise.

Someone once told me I reminded them of Rene. And that was supposed to be a compliment. It took me days to feel halfway good about myself again.

ChaosTitan
05-03-2008, 04:43 AM
I have no irrational hatred of an actor or actress.

Any actor or actress I hate, I hate for a very good reason. :D

dgiharris
05-03-2008, 05:01 AM
I know a lot of people hate Keanu Reeves,

But at the very least, he has a distinct style no one can copy.

If you need a "surprised surfer dude becomes a hero" type character, then he is your guy.

I don't think he is that bad and his style makes certain movies. I mean, can you picture anyone else as NEO in the Matrix or John Constatine in Constatine???

o.k. i'm a closet Keanu Reeves fan. I guess the first step is acceptance and admitting you have a problem. :)

Mel...

Hollan
05-03-2008, 05:12 AM
I'm gonna jump on the Tom Cruise bandwagon. Can't stand him!
Katie Holmes, by association.
John Travolta
Angelina Jolie

Cranky
05-03-2008, 05:17 AM

If you need a "surprised surfer dude becomes a hero" type character, then he is your guy.

I don't think he is that bad and his style makes certain movies. I mean, can you picture anyone else as NEO in the Matrix or John Constatine in Constatine???

o.k. i'm a closet Keanu Reeves fan. I guess the first step is acceptance and admitting you have a problem. :)

Mel...

I've never thought he was all that bad myself. Then again, I loved Constantine.

The Matrix, not so much.

Tom Cruise is a much worse offender in my book. *shudders*

donroc
05-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Regarding Keanu, if you close your eyes when he speaks, you can hear him, to paraphrase Dorothy Paker's evaluation of Hepburn, run the gamut of emotions from A to A-.

katiemac
05-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Sandra Bullock
Meg Ryan

reenkam
05-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Will Ferrell
Katherine Heigl
Miley Cyrus
Ben Stiller
Nicholas Cage
Heath Ledger
Jack Black
Meg Ryan
Steve Carell

Claudia Gray
05-03-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't hate her, but I have an irrational aversion to Juliana Margulies. I mean, I can't even quite look at her; something about her face throws me off, though I realize objectively she's quite lovely. I have no idea why that is.

DL Hegel
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I agree--i'm not such a closet fan. He is not the over play guy--he's understated--and it is quite refreshing for the action hero. Bohemian boy next door--with dry delivery--like his action movies quite a bit. But "Prince of Pennsylvania" was a very funny movie, too.

Mel...

I don't like Steven Seagal--

plaidearthworm
05-03-2008, 06:43 PM

-Derek

Eh, I'm too lazy to start another thread. Probably too lazy to hate anyone irrationally, too, that takes a lot of energy. But there are actors and actresses that make me automatically switch the channel/turn off the DVD.

Tom Cruise. I agree with everyone.
James Spader
Julia Roberts
Nicholas Cage

plaidearthworm
05-03-2008, 06:55 PM
The two people in the car in the Sonic commercials. I swear I wish someone would yank them out of that car and pistol-whip them.

:roll:

Add in the Geico cavemen, the characters from e-surance, and everyone from the singing Viagra commercials.

Oh, and John Travolta. He was uber-creepy in Hairspray. Why didn't they let someone who had the pipes and performed on Broadway do it? Like John Pinette, for example. Heck, I would have taken George Wendt, just anyone but Travolta.

Mr Flibble
05-03-2008, 08:26 PM
everyone from the singing Viagra commercials.

You have singing Viagra commercials?

*boggles*

Elodie-Caroline
05-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Cocks crowing at dawn, no doubt :D

Lyra Jean
05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't like Jon Voight. His creepiness factor is off the chart. I can't watch any of his movies after seeing them I feel the need for a shower with a brillo pad.

I don't know why though.

wyntermoon
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Did anyone have the enormous good fortune of seeing him in Much Ado About Nothing? Because you really haven't lived until you've seen Keanu do Shakespeare...

Oh my flippin' O%Y@O$@. Hand me those hot pokers; all those flaring nostrils (think Shirley McLaine on speed) and clenched buttocks with his "angry young man" acting skills drove me over the edge.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

And, I cannot stand (for the record):
Renee Zellewegger - whatever
Kiera Knightly - get that girl a neck gear. I can't watch her speak, it squicks me out every time
Ben Stiller - ew. Just ew
Kevin Spacey

zahra
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
David Spade makes my teeth go all curly.

Bill Murray. He always looks as though he's got way too much enthusiasm for himself.

Amanda Holden. You USfolk have the good fortune not to know who she is, probably. Trust me. She's awful. Oh, wait, that's a rational dislike.

nerds
05-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Will Ferrell.

Will Ferrell.

Will Ferrell.

Will Ferrell in any type of underwear.

Will Ferrell.

oh, wait. He's crowding others from my mind -

Tom Cruise
Katherine Heigl
Jennifer Aniston
Keira Knightley
Adam Sandler

although I would not call my reactions to them irrational. It's a perfectly rational Why are they getting cast and making millions for acting when there is no actual acting going on reaction.

maestrowork
05-04-2008, 02:41 PM
David Spade. Gosh, I hate that guy so much. I saw him making a movie in LA once. Usually I love seeing location shoots, but I just said, "Let's get out of here."

oscuridad
05-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Mel Gibson may be a jew-hating bastard, but he can make a good movie. Except 'signs' which was horrible, and that had a lot to do with M. Night Shamma-lamma-ding-dang

I loved that in signs it took Gibson's character's wife's agonized, dying words for the guy with the baseball bat to work out he could twat the alien around the head with it. Even better that such was sufficient proof of the existence of God...

Can't watch anything with him in it anymore, even the magnificent 'Bounty'.

I don't have time to hate - but I could revile the crap movies people make, all day.

nerds
05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Compare the giants of the 1930s, 40s, and early 50s at the same ages, and the reasons are obvious in terms of maleness, womanliness, and craft.

Yes. They do not make them like they used to.

imo the best-calibre actors working today are usually/primarily character actors - Chris Cooper, Casey Affleck, Laura Linney, et al.

Maybe 90% of those bringing home the monster paychecks for leading roles today are, well, overpaid by a very long shot.

ChaosTitan
05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
And, I cannot stand (for the record):

Kevin Spacey

:eek: I don't think we can be friends, anymore. :cry:

zahra
05-05-2008, 02:51 AM
David Spade. Gosh, I hate that guy so much. I saw him making a movie in LA once. Usually I love seeing location shoots, but I just said, "Let's get out of here."
Ah, fellow David Spade hater.

My late Dad could not stand James Garner or Dirk Bogarde. He couldn't say why, he'd just retreat into teeth-gnashing fury.

I have tried to watch 'Pushing Daisies' now it's on in the UK, but my memory of Anna Friel, while she was publicizing rubbish films, eg 'Land Girls', is of a graceless, conceited, grumpy madam. Then she did an awful hair product advert with a fake accent ('a leetle light-AH, a leetle bright-AH') that put the lid on it for me - I can't believe in her playing sweet and cute.

maestrowork
05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Adam Sandler. The fact that he's a such a superstar baffles me. And my hatred for him is not irrational at all. I think I've only liked 1.34 movies of his, Punch Drunk Love being one and that's in spite of him, not because of him.

slcboston
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Ditto on Adam Sandler.

(I would have added Will Ferrel to the list - but I thought "Stranger Than Fiction" was a nice little gem of a movie and saved his rep for me. I won't watch anything else he's done, mind you, because I think they keep type-casting him in the post-SNL career flop movies, but if he ever breaks out of that he might be something.)

And Robin Williams is beginning to annoy me. A lot.

slcboston
05-05-2008, 07:37 PM

Sure, I can picture someone else as Constantine. Someone blond, British, and who knows the name rhymes with "pine."

None of which was Keanu's fault - so I suppose once they Americanized the script, there was no one left to turn to. (I did like the movie, but it's such a pale shade of the comics that I have to treat it as a separate entity.)

slcboston
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Renee Zellweger.

She just seems so... so... whiny in every role I've ever seen her in.

maestrowork
05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
(I would have added Will Ferrel to the list - but I thought "Stranger Than Fiction" was a nice little gem of a movie and saved his rep for me.

I liked STF and Elf very much but it's because he wasn't playing a typical "Will Ferrel character." He was a disaster in Bewitched.

Salem
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't hate her, but I have an irrational aversion to Juliana Margulies. I mean, I can't even quite look at her; something about her face throws me off, though I realize objectively she's quite lovely. I have no idea why that is.

Ditto on this! And I feel the same way about Minnie Driver.

maestrowork
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Martin Lawrence and Jackie Chan. I don't know why. I really don't.

Rob Schneider and Bobby Lee. I hate that they've played so many ethnic stereotypes for laughs. I guess it's okay to laugh at yourself but still, I just hate these stereotypes so much that I think they should rise above that.

eveningstar
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM

I used to get stopped on the street and told I look like Juliana Margulies. Mostly back in the ER days.

Am mildly concerned now.

DWSTXS
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Renee Zellweger.

She just seems so... so... whiny in every role I've ever seen her in.

You'd be whiny too, if you had bee-sting lips

BenPanced
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Just about everybody on the Disney Channel. They play it BROOOOOOOAAAAAAAADLY, like they're selling it to the last row of the theatre across the street.

maestrowork
05-06-2008, 09:38 PM
You actually watch the Disney Channel? o_O

BenPanced
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
It's...research. Yeah. Research on...current pop trends in...culture aimed at...adolescents.

I think he bought it!

meldy
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I am going to jump on the David Spade/Renee Zellweger/Will Farrell bandwagon.

Also cant stand:
Pamela Anderson
Jim Carrey (older stuff, new stuff I can handle)
Will Farrel (but my kids love him)
Tom Cruise (he seems to be in an awful lot of good movies though)
Chris Klein
Parker Posey (I think that is her name?)
Ray Liota

maestrowork
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Joe Pesci.

III
05-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Rob Schneider

Couldn't agree more. Have you ever heard him do radio interviews to promote his TERRIBLE movies? He's a world-class arrogant tool.

CaroGirl
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
The Disney Channel is giving me hives and a bad case of acne. Although I quite like that cute little Jackson on Hannah Montana, I could cheerfully knock those blond Suite Life twins (and everyone else on that show) straight into next week.

Help me.

Gravity
05-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Joe Pesci.

Naw, man, don't say that. Pesci rawks. "What??? Am I a CLOWN? Do I AMUSE you...??" :D

Perks
05-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I could cheerfully knock those blond Suite Life twins (and everyone else on that show) straight into next week.

Help me.Oh I love you. Oh how I love you! I thought it was wrong of me to feel homicidal towards children that aren't even in arm's reach.

DWSTXS
05-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroGirl
I could cheerfully knock those blond Suite Life twins (and everyone else on that show) straight into next week.

Help me.

Oh I love you. Oh how I love you! I thought it was wrong of me to feel homicidal towards children that aren't even in arm's reach.

PLEASE, if there's going to be any physical altercations, I'd like to request that you take it out on the man and woman in the car in those Sonic commercials.

III
05-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Oh come on. How could you bludgeon these two to death. Just because they're the posterboys for relentless obnoxiousness . . .

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_kids/the-suite-life-of-zack-cody-300-032707.jpg

(okay, I'm in for $50 toward the hitman/hitwoman)

slcboston
05-07-2008, 01:08 AM
It's the creepy, creepy, CREEPY girl-obsessed behavior of the one that really disturbs me. Especially in a pre-pubescent tween boy. Ick.

Perks
05-07-2008, 04:25 AM
PLEASE, if there's going to be any physical altercations, I'd like to request that you take it out on the man and woman in the car in those Sonic commercials.
I have DVR for absolutely everything. I haven't watched a commercial in three years. It's bliss.

Perks
05-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Zach and Cody are what happened when Rosemary took an axe to her baby. They're like hellspawn starfish and simply regenerated the severed parts.

She would have done it again, but she didn't want quads.

meldy
05-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Does creepy raccoon sex count as acting?
If it does add Paris Hilton to my list please.