PDA

View Full Version : I fell off a ladder! :o

Gehanna
05-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I fell off a ladder today while rescuing a lizard from a piece of plastic wrap. Yep, I can make a disaster out of anything! :o :D

The plastic was hanging down from one of the rafters in my garage. That poor lizard was trying desperately to get out and I couldn't just leave it there. Its little claws were scratching away at the plastic. It was a heartbreaking scene that nearly turned into a skull cracking calamity.

Fortunately, none of my bones broke. At least, I don't think so anyway. It is my left arm that took on damage from smashing into a tool cart. My arm is bruised and scratched up. I can move it but, there is a lot of numbness.

The lizard was not harmed and has been released. I didn't fall until after I handed the lizard to my son. Thank goodness.

I can't help but laugh at myself today because tomorrow I'll likely be in pain. Heh!

Apparently, I was speaking the truth about myself when I made the following post yesterday: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101170

This is what I get for making fun of something. Sheesh! :e2smack:

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Appalachian Writer
05-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Holy cow! Hope you're not too sore to work tomorrow. To stay home would be tragic! Especially on a friday!

Gehanna
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately, tomorrow is one of my days off. It is unfortunate because I work in a hospital. This means I could have asked one of the Emergency Department Docs to take a look at my arm when they called me to do an eval of a psychiatric emergency. Now, I'll have to choose between suffering the physical pain of injury or the mental pain of a doctor bill.

Think I'll take the physical pain.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Jersey Chick
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
I sprained a wrist putting my son in his car seat, and broke two toes making the bed. Also ran over one of my feet with my desk chair and broke two other toes. I feel your pain.

:D

ETA - this happened over the period of a few years :D

CACTUSWENDY
05-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Wow Chick....you are ....let me just say....please stand over there while you talk to me. Thank you.

Sorry G...hope you are not too sore.

SpookyWriter
05-02-2008, 08:24 AM
I sprained a wrist putting my son in his car seat, and broke two toes making the bed. Also ran over one of my feet with my desk chair and broke two other toes. I feel your pain.

:DDamn woman, take the rest if the night off.

SpookyWriter
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I fell off a ladder today while unwrapping a lizard from a piece of plastic wrap. Yep, I can make a dinner out of anything! :o :DSorry about the incident, but hope you have a nice meal. Take care.

Jersey Chick
05-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Damn woman, take the rest if the night off.

Oh, I didn't do this all in one night - I'm accident-prone, but not that accident prone! ;)

i better go fix that

SpookyWriter
05-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh, I didn't do this all in one night - I'm accident-prone, but not that accident prone! ;)

i better go fix thatThat's ok. I was laughing so hard, I misspelled my reply.

Jersey Chick
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
:D

kct webber
05-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Gehanna, you're not supposed to walk under the ladder before you climb up it. Admit it, you did it, right? Or was there a black cat around?

Gehanna
05-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey all! I'm still alive, so far. :D

My arm looks like a rainbow. Pretty colors and such. It still doesn't hurt but, it feels like rigor mortis has set in. I hope it doesn't fall off.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

CaroGirl
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh dear! Poor you. I hope you heal quickly. Just know that you did a good thing. That lizard will live to eat flies another day.

Seaclusion
05-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Knowing my luck, if I had the same mishap as you did, the lizard would have bitten me as it scurried off. Hope you heal quick and be glad you have better luck than I do.

Richard

NeuroFizz
05-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I fell off a ladder today while rescuing a lizard from a piece of plastic wrap.

I'm so sorry for your pain, suffered during such a noble action. I hope you heal quickly. But...

I don't think I've ever read a more intriguing line as the one quoted above. It has an almost mystical poeticism to it, and would make a wonderful first line in a story of long or short prose. Damn. If I read this as a first line of a novel, I'd probably buy it on the spot. In one line, it tells of a quirky, immediately sympathetic character. Is it just me?

James81
05-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Is this sort of like falling off the wagon?

Gehanna
05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Hello Neuro! :-)

At the time, I didn't feel very sympathetic when I recently killed some black widow spiders. I do feel kind of bad about it now but, there are some things too risky to tolerate.

I'm thinking of changing my title from pseudointellectual to The Quirk. :D If the shoe fits... I should have been wearing them yesterday. Maybe then I would not have fallen.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Susie
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Sure sorry that happened, Gehanna. Hope the lizard felt bad too!

paprikapink
05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Glad you're okay, Gehanna. Do you ever use an arnica montana cream? Some folks (this includes me) find that it does help with bumps and bruises. Who cares if it's a placebo affect? At least it's an affect!

Gehanna
05-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you ever use an arnica montana cream? Some folks (this includes me) find that it does help with bumps and bruises. Who cares if it's a placebo affect? At least it's an affect!

Hello paprikapink,

I did a search for arnica montana cream because I had not heard of it before. I found out that it is a homeopathic remedy. As far as placebo effect goes... I agree in that if it works, it works be it from the medicine, mind, emotions or spirit. :)

Some holy water and a priest is what I may need. Yesterday, I cut my big toe on a razor. It was pitiful! Blood was all over the place. These injuries are not on purpose. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally kill myself.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to apply pressure to your own toe while keeping your foot elevated above heart level? Apparently, I'm much more limber than I thought.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

paprikapink
05-11-2008, 06:02 PM
You're probably not really trying to accidentally kill yourself. Maybe it's more like giving yourself a stern warning, or a reproach. Perhaps you've already punished yourself enough and you're done with these antic for a while.

And I'm not even going ask what your big toe and a razor were doing together in the first place......

Soccer Mom
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope you make it through Mother's Day without significant injury!