PDA

View Full Version : Even models are not good enough...

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 04:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFlxSlOKNI

Now I don't feel so bad.

Bravo
05-02-2008, 05:17 AM
i've seen that video before and yeah, it's kinda cool to see, but i doubt that woman was a fashion model in the first place.

jennontheisland
05-02-2008, 05:22 AM
i doubt that woman was a fashion model in the first place.

I agree, but I think that was the point. Even an average looking woman can be photoshopped into something "worthy" of a billboard.

Cranky
05-02-2008, 05:23 AM
'Zackly. Showing how "less than perfect" people can be made to look that way.

It's cool, but still a little creepy in a way.

Bravo
05-02-2008, 05:43 AM
I agree, but I think that was the point. Even an average looking woman can be photoshopped into something "worthy" of a billboard.

yeah, i was just referring to the thread title. thought it was the opposite of what the video actually tried to show.

but maybe that was ray's point...

i dunno.

:Shrug:

maestrowork
05-02-2008, 06:11 AM
She wasn't average. She came in without makeup. She still looked good. Many models are girl-next-door type in real life -- I've met plenty. But the make-up, clothes and Photoshop magic really turn things 180˚.

But that's my point. We all, under the influence of media, think that models walk into the job picture-perfect. That's simply not the case. I've gone to photo shoots in jeans and messy hair. In fact, many clients DO NOT want the model to show up all made-up and with their hand done... because they may not have the look the product is aiming for. They want a plain canvas so they can work their magic on the model.

Cranky
05-02-2008, 06:13 AM
True. I was thinking of some of the other photoshop youtube videos I've seen. It's pretty amazing what you can do with a little know-how.

The creepy part though is that those sorts of tricks tend to take what is interesting about a person and homogenizes it. Maybe that's just me, though. I like looking at attractive people as much as the next person, but it's the stuff that's not quite perfect that makes them unique and interesting to me. :)

Cthulhu
05-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I've seen it before, and I still find it ridiculous every time. There are bunch of really interesting videos about society's perception of beauty from Dove all over YouTube if you look for them.