Celeste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little embarrased to post this, but here goes....

Who is Celeste? There's been three threads in my User CP that say the last post was by Celeste, but when I click the link the most recent post is by someone else (and not the same someone else).

I'm trying to stay cool, but am beginning to suspect my computer is possessed.

Oh, when I click on the Celeste link, then click "Find all Posts by Celeste," I get a message saying none were found.

Spooky!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
I'm so glad you asked that! Ghost in the Machine?? I noticed the same thing on the writing/selling thread because her name comes after mine, sort of, and when I click on her name, there's mine?? Whazzup?

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
My guess would be that it's KitKat. :) But that's only because I'm dumb enough to be chasing around all the posts with Celeste's name and trying to figure out who is in all of them that didn't respond to this post. :banana: OK, now, I really need to quit this and get back to work. Deadlines. Pressure.

:hooray: :poke: :whip: :crazy:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
KitKat said:
It's not just you, Rose. The same's been happening with me. Maybe the posts were removed by a mod or something? Very weird!

Maybe, but when someone deletes their own posts, their post number goes down. I'm not sure how it works if Admin delete them, though. If there were 16 or more offensive posts, wouldn't the person be banned already?

Ghost in the machine...who knows?

Maybe it's a Google spider, with a name? ;)

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
I was so curious as to how "Celeste?" couid be a frequently asked question.

Now I am struggling to remember which thread it was....Ah, Trolls. I don't remember the name of the poster who posted the post that didn't show up, but it didn't show up. The post count went from #48 to #50. No #49. Confounded me because usually when a post is deleted, there's a little placeholder that says "This post deleted by Soandso because suchandsuch."

Just posting this here now cuz it seems like a good place to collect ghost spottings.

-pkpk

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
jdkiggins said:
My guess would be that it's KitKat. :)

Hey, I didn't do nothin'! :Wha:

Joanne's lyin' I tell ya. She's just trying to get me in trouble because I kept nudging her to quit smoking. You're not smoking are you, Joanne? :Lecture:

But come to think of it, I have been on all those threads, haven't I? But so has Rose. And Rose started this thread so that no one would suspect her. I think we have our culprit. :guns:

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect that Celeste may be on "global ignore". That would explain how she can be posting without anyone being able to see her posts. No one *can* see your posts if you're being globally ignored.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Here I am. You're computer's not possessed. Lol...

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what's going on, or why you can't find my posts. That is strange. I have sometimes logged in as anonymous. Could that be what's messing things up?

celeste

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Here's a technical question for you, Betty. I'm guessing this is something a SuperMod type entity would put into effect? How is global ignore different from being banned? Or is it the same thing? Or is it like something totally else?

Just tell me if I'm being too nosy aobut The Powers That Be and how Their Will is implemented.

But don't, like, hit me with lightening or nuthin', okay?

-pkpk

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
I've come out of "invisible mode". Can you see me now? Lol..:wag:

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And I have the drinks and popcorn go keep us going till we find out who she is...:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: ......:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: So belly up alllllll.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No idea... and no lightning, that's Jenna and CC's job. All I know is that as a supermod, I can sort of see her posts, but all they say is "The administration has decided that Celeste should be quiet for a while." Not sure how that differs from being banned, although I suspect it can be reversed. I don't think I remember ever reading a post by Celeste before this. Man, you get sick and spend a week in bed and you miss all kinds of stuff! Meanwhile, pass the popcorn...

Last edited:

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Say no more, say no more.

-pkpk

Edit: Hmmm, that was supposed to read like your neighbor chatting over the hedge, nodding and indicating they understood in a folksy way. But typed, it looks rather bossy. Perfect example of whatfor is emoticons.

-p

Last edited:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Ah ha! I think I know what's going on. A certain someone thinks I'm here to cause problems, when I've come to discuss writing ONLY. But, the way it
looks, I'm having discussions with myself. LOL....

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Betty W01 said:
No idea... and no lightning, that's Jenna and CC's job. All I know is that as a supermod, I can sort of see her posts, but all they say is "The administration has decided that Celeste should be quiet for a while." Not sure how that differs from being banned, although I suspect it can be reversed. I don't think I remember ever reading a post by Celeste before this. Man, you get sick and spend a week in bed and you miss all kinds of stuff! Meanwhile, pass the popcorn...

I'm not sure if it can be done here, but my hubby mods at a site where temporary bans can be placed on people, for short lengths of time. I guess this would be like her "being quieted."

So very strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.