PDA

View Full Version : Celeste?

Rose
04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm a little embarrased to post this, but here goes....

Who is Celeste? There's been three threads in my User CP that say the last post was by Celeste, but when I click the link the most recent post is by someone else (and not the same someone else).

I'm trying to stay cool, but am beginning to suspect my computer is possessed.

Oh, when I click on the Celeste link, then click "Find all Posts by Celeste," I get a message saying none were found.

Spooky!

mommie4a
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm so glad you asked that! Ghost in the Machine?? I noticed the same thing on the writing/selling thread because her name comes after mine, sort of, and when I click on her name, there's mine?? Whazzup?

awatkins
04-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Oooh, the same thing happened to me!! Creeeeepy.

Celeste! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Kudra
04-05-2005, 11:07 PM
It's not just you, Rose. The same's been happening with me. Maybe the posts were removed by a mod or something? Very weird!

jdkiggins
04-05-2005, 11:09 PM
My guess would be that it's KitKat. :) But that's only because I'm dumb enough to be chasing around all the posts with Celeste's name and trying to figure out who is in all of them that didn't respond to this post. :banana: OK, now, I really need to quit this and get back to work. Deadlines. Pressure.

:hooray: :poke: :whip: :crazy:

jdkiggins
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
:faint: I'm wrong. Maybe. Lol.

TemlynWriting
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
And it says she's got 16 posts, but like everyone has said, no posts show up.

Total Posts: 16 (16 posts per day) Find all posts by Celeste (http://search.php?do=finduser&u=1546)
Find all threads started by Celeste (http://search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=1&exactname=1&searchuser=Celeste)

And that she's replying to a thread:

Last Activity: Today 02:04 PM
Replying to Thread My Favorite C-Word (http://showthread.php?t=10006) @ 02:04 PM

So strange!

TemlynWriting
04-05-2005, 11:14 PM
It's not just you, Rose. The same's been happening with me. Maybe the posts were removed by a mod or something? Very weird!

Maybe, but when someone deletes their own posts, their post number goes down. I'm not sure how it works if Admin delete them, though. If there were 16 or more offensive posts, wouldn't the person be banned already?

Ghost in the machine...who knows?

Maybe it's a Google spider, with a name? ;)

awatkins
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Maybe it's a Google spider, with a name? ;)

Ack! :roll:

jdkiggins
04-05-2005, 11:39 PM
:ROFL:

paprikapink
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I was so curious as to how "Celeste?" couid be a frequently asked question.

Now I am struggling to remember which thread it was....Ah, Trolls. I don't remember the name of the poster who posted the post that didn't show up, but it didn't show up. The post count went from #48 to #50. No #49. Confounded me because usually when a post is deleted, there's a little placeholder that says "This post deleted by Soandso because suchandsuch."

Just posting this here now cuz it seems like a good place to collect ghost spottings.

-pkpk

Kudra
04-05-2005, 11:54 PM
My guess would be that it's KitKat. :)

Hey, I didn't do nothin'! :Wha:

Joanne's lyin' I tell ya. She's just trying to get me in trouble because I kept nudging her to quit smoking. You're not smoking are you, Joanne? :Lecture:

But come to think of it, I have been on all those threads, haven't I? But so has Rose. And Rose started this thread so that no one would suspect her. I think we have our culprit. :guns:

Betty W01
04-05-2005, 11:57 PM
I suspect that Celeste may be on "global ignore". That would explain how she can be posting without anyone being able to see her posts. No one *can* see your posts if you're being globally ignored.

Celeste
04-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Here I am. You're computer's not possessed. Lol...

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what's going on, or why you can't find my posts. That is strange. I have sometimes logged in as anonymous. Could that be what's messing things up?

celeste

Kudra
04-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do we know she's a "she"? And why are we all royally ignoring her in the first place?

Betty? Anyone?

paprikapink
04-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Here's a technical question for you, Betty. I'm guessing this is something a SuperMod type entity would put into effect? How is global ignore different from being banned? Or is it the same thing? Or is it like something totally else?

Just tell me if I'm being too nosy aobut The Powers That Be and how Their Will is implemented.

But don't, like, hit me with lightening or nuthin', okay?

-pkpk

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I've come out of "invisible mode". Can you see me now? Lol..:wag:

CACTUSWENDY
04-06-2005, 12:04 AM
And I have the drinks and popcorn go keep us going till we find out who she is...:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: ......:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: So belly up alllllll.

Betty W01
04-06-2005, 12:04 AM
No idea... and no lightning, that's Jenna and CC's job. All I know is that as a supermod, I can sort of see her posts, but all they say is "The administration has decided that Celeste should be quiet for a while." Not sure how that differs from being banned, although I suspect it can be reversed. I don't think I remember ever reading a post by Celeste before this. Man, you get sick and spend a week in bed and you miss all kinds of stuff! Meanwhile, pass the popcorn...

paprikapink
04-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Say no more, say no more.

-pkpk

Edit: Hmmm, that was supposed to read like your neighbor chatting over the hedge, nodding and indicating they understood in a folksy way. But typed, it looks rather bossy. Perfect example of whatfor is emoticons.

-p

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Ah ha! I think I know what's going on. A certain someone thinks I'm here to cause problems, when I've come to discuss writing ONLY. But, the way it
looks, I'm having discussions with myself. LOL....

CACTUSWENDY
04-06-2005, 12:09 AM
(could be Jenna?):scared:

Betty W01
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Celeste is not Jenna.

Kudra
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Is that like *punishment*? Should we be afraid? :scared:

TemlynWriting
04-06-2005, 12:12 AM
No idea... and no lightning, that's Jenna and CC's job. All I know is that as a supermod, I can sort of see her posts, but all they say is "The administration has decided that Celeste should be quiet for a while." Not sure how that differs from being banned, although I suspect it can be reversed. I don't think I remember ever reading a post by Celeste before this. Man, you get sick and spend a week in bed and you miss all kinds of stuff! Meanwhile, pass the popcorn...

I'm not sure if it can be done here, but my hubby mods at a site where temporary bans can be placed on people, for short lengths of time. I guess this would be like her "being quieted."

So very strange.

Betty W01
04-06-2005, 12:15 AM
As long as we all behave ourselves (especially remembering Jenna's #1 rule: Respect your fellow writers), we should be OK. Jenna is a kind taskmaster and I've never seen anyone on the boards ever get punished (or banned, either) who wasn't asking for it.

Sometimes, a person's reputation precedes her (or him) and it only takes a few posts to see that it is deserved. As I said, I never read any of Celeste's posts, but I do know I trust both Jenna and CC to make the right decisions about stuff. They don't do stuff arbitrarily or without a lot of thought and input from others. And their goal is a safe place where writers can come to talk about writing and other related issues without fearing flame wars, personal attacks, and other stuff no one wants to fend off every time they turn around.

(And since she's tried to post on this thread five times so far, I'd say she's aware of the situation now, if she wasn't before...)

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:17 AM
LOL....

Hello, hello, hello...Is anyone out there?

I always wondered what it would be like to be invisible! Lol...:Ssh:

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:20 AM
I've never seen anyone on the boards ever get punished (or banned, either) who wasn't asking for it.__________________

Get punished who wasn't asking for it???

But I didn't do anything, I swear! Lol...

Can I come out now???

Well, this is quite entertaining!

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Garsh darnit! I've spent all afternoon talking to myself and I didn't even know it! Lol...:Ssh:

Ah well, I had some interesting conversations.

Well, this is just silly. I'm either going to be allowed to post and be viewed
or I'm not. So, which is it? I'd really like to stop talking to myself and interact
with the others.

Guess we'll wait and see if I can come out...

Rose
04-06-2005, 12:30 AM
But come to think of it, I have been on all those threads, haven't I? But so has Rose. And Rose started this thread so that no one would suspect her. I think we have our culprit. :guns:
I'm innocent, I tell you! Innocent!

Uh, so, please don't send me to Global Ignore. I promise to be good. Well, nice. Well, mostly nice...hey, why did I respond to this post in the first place? Oh yeah, I'm innocent, I tell you!

Celeste
04-06-2005, 12:53 AM
And why are we all royally ignoring her in the first place?

Well, it has nothing to do with this board, or writing. It's kind of a complicated
story. Lets just say two people who know each other, who have had some differences, happened to join the same writing board without either one's knowledge of it happening and now one of the two thinks there will be problems. But I did not come here for that. I come here to find a nice, respectable writing community, which is hard to find nowadays. But unfortunately I'm being punished for something I haven't done.
I think I should at least get the chance to prove myself. *sigh*

So, how long is my probation? Anyone know? Because I will wait it out.
I like this place and will not let personal issues interfere with my participation
here.

So, can I come out now, Jenna? You can tell this person there's nothing to worry about.

*patiently waiting* celeste

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 02:18 AM
All I know is that as a supermod, I can sort of see her posts, but all they say is "The administration has decided that Celeste should be quiet for a while." Man, you get sick and spend a week in bed and you miss all kinds of stuff! Meanwhile, pass the popcorn...

I'm going to behave from now on. I promise! I don't want to be globally ignored. :) I never saw any posts by Celeste until Rose brought it to our attention.

Hey, I didn't do nothin'! :Wha:

Joanne's lyin' I tell ya. She's just trying to get me in trouble because I kept nudging her to quit smoking. You're not smoking are you, Joanne? :Lecture:

:roll: KitKat, you're so sweet. I wouldn't try to get you in trouble. :LilLove: No, I'm not smoking. :Clap:

Rose, I thought I spent way too much time on these boards. You're finding posts by people that no longer exist. Now that's an AW addict! ;)

Don't let the ghosts haunt you.
Joanne

alanna
04-06-2005, 05:28 AM
the posts jump from number 26 to 30 on this thread- is someone getting persistant? i am intrigued, and morbidly fascinated. please, continue!

Rose
04-06-2005, 05:43 AM
the posts jump from number 26 to 30 on this thread- is someone getting persistant? i am intrigued, and morbidly fascinated. please, continue!
You're right! I missed that!

Rose
04-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Anyway else noticed it seems to be only women on this thread? Coincidence? Hmmm..........

Oh wait, I just discovered all the guys are on this thread started by William Haskins: Is Absolute Write Haunted? (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10152)

wurdwise
04-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Well, I think it's pretty cool if you think about it. Betty said something that made me suspect this person has been here before for the sole reason to cause trouble, that a person's reputation precedes them. So, what is cool is that they have not banned this person, they are teaching her a lesson by causing her some major frustration, she can post, but no one can read it!! That's my take on the whole deal, anyway. Thanks, Jenna and all you great mods for being savvy and on your toes.

Trapped in amber
04-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Does Celeste know she's on global ignore?

On another forum, someone was naughty, and the owner of the site sort of banned them. They could post, but no one could read their posts. They didn't seem to know and they carried on posting for about a year (IIRC).
When this was revealed, people wondered what this individual thought as to why no one ever responded to his posts.

It was a little creepy.

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 07:27 AM
I get it. That explains why I just "seem" to "think" I kill threads. :roll:

Hellooooo? Can anyone "see" me? :Shrug:

Joanne

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Did anyone see Joanne around? I haven't seen her posting for a while...

:tongue

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
:Smack: OMG, my brain is fried. I almost said, "Ray, what's wrong with you, I just posted. Then I read my post above. I need to go to bed. Night all.
Joanne

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Serious, anyone seen her?

Trapped in amber
04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Nope.

:D

Rose
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I've never seen her either. She/he/it "posted" on my Slobbery Beast thread, though, and that's when I started investigating. If she had something nice to say about my hound dog, I wanted to read it! Then again <insert ominous music here>, she have may have been talking SMACK about him.

reph
04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Several post numbers are missing in this thread. Nothing there but a chill wind and a slight flickering of the room lights as I scroll past. It's like the 13th floor of a hotel.

Can Celeste read her posts?

Optimus
04-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Ooh! Global Ignore!

How fun!

Me next! Me next!

Celeste
04-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Hmm...Lets see if I'm still invisible.

Hello...hello...

celeste here...the Absolute Write ghost...:wag:

Celeste
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
And yes, Rose, I did comment on your hound dog. He's absolutely adorable!
(But who knows if you'll ever read this...)

KTC
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Okay...now it's showing that Celeste is the last to post in this thread. But she no here! But now I will show as the last and all evidence will be lost once I hit Post Quick Reply...

Bye bye Celeste...

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Ooh! Global Ignore!

How fun!

Me next! Me next!

Seems she was desperate to reply to you there Opti.....oooooh!

TemlynWriting
04-06-2005, 05:10 PM
What is it with you guys making me laugh so hard today? :ROFL:

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, seems like Celeste knows what's up now. It's hard to fool her anymore. It's hard to fool anyone anymore, now that we all know about the global ignore thing.

I guess we'll just have to start banning people for real.

;)

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
HEY!!!! CAN ANYONE SEE ME? :Huh:

:Jump: :guns:

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Oooh, look, it's happening again -- #52's missing ...

Sarita
04-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Oooh, look, it's happening again -- #52's missing ...

:ROFL:

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
What B52? I don't see any B52.

I'm starting to worry about Joanne. I think she finally snapped.

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 06:49 PM
No, that would be 3-7. :popcorn:

Sarita
04-06-2005, 06:54 PM
I don't think he's snapped yet... but we'll be around for the show when he does ;)

(I can see you Joanne!)

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Ahhh! now 56 is missing!

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
And 57!

Sarita
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Ouch, Rob. And I thought you were in my fan club. :(

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I wish Sara was here. I'm her biggest fan. In fact I'm in her fan club.

TemlynWriting
04-06-2005, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Sarita
04-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow, so if they can't see me, I can say what ever I want... hmmm. I wonder what I'll say about Rob...

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Which reminds me. I sent ths $49.95 off and still no fanzine...

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Helloooo! Saraaaa! Are youoo there? Tell Celeste not to worry, it'll soon pass ...

Sarita
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Which reminds me. I sent ths $49.95 off and still no fanzine...
Who are you kidding? I know for a *fact* you got those pictures I sent you :ROFL:

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
:rolleyes:

Wait a minute -- I know that look. It's that: "don't blame me and anyway, ladies don't fart" look isn't it?

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Tch... call those pictures. they................(oh, hang on) er.......Yes, erm. I wonder where Sara is.. etc

TemlynWriting
04-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Wait a minute -- I know that look. It's that: "don't blame me and anyway, ladies don't fart" look isn't it?

:ROFL:roflol!!!

Actually, it was a sad version of an eye-roll. I wish they had an emoticon that actually rolled its eyes.

;)

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:14 PM
So, it doesn't mean what I thought then?

TemlynWriting
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
So, it doesn't mean what I thought then?

It can mean whatever you wish. I personally meant it as I was rolling my eyes and laughing at a lot of things on AW this morning. :)

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:28 PM
yes, 'tis a strange place indeed. Some days I spend half the day here and get nothing done 'cos I spend the other half wondering what's going on. It's addictive!

Rob-rite
04-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Wow, so if they can't see me, I can say what ever I want... hmmm. I wonder what I'll say about Rob...

I'm still waiting on this one. :popcorn:

(Oh damn, I've used a smiley when I vowed I would try not to...)

Sarita
04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm still waiting on this one.

Keep waiting... I'm formulating the best piece of gossip I can. ;)

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh Sara, let's talk about gossips...

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm still waiting on this one. :popcorn:

(Oh damn, I've used a smiley when I vowed I would try not to...)

But Rob, I thought you couldn't see Sara! *BUSTED*

Sarita
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Sure, Ray... What do you know about Rob?

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
What about Bob? ;)

I can't say... Poppy and Joy would be mad...

shhhhh!

Sarita
04-06-2005, 09:05 PM
(I heard that he's a big fancy rock star and he's just hanging out here because he's burned out and needs a break from his wild life. :Ssh: Oops, I didn't say that. Please don't tell ANYONE, Ray!)

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Sara, since they can't see either of us, let's have a big lunch. We won't have to feel guilty we're eating in front of them. :)

Sarita
04-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes! I'm having a yogurt as we speak... coffee flavored. Mmmmm, it's so good.

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Oooh. Coffee flavored yogurt. That sounds good. I have cheese twists and a cup of coffee. With a side order of carrot sticks. :) Great combo huh?

maestrowork
04-06-2005, 09:36 PM
(That's not what I heard, Sara. And I'm not telling... suffice it to say it involved some gerbils and chihuahuas.)

I'll have some yogurt, too. I just had some soup...

jdkiggins
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Have fun guys, I'll be back later this afternoon. Have to run mom to the doctors. :) She's fine. Just a check up.

Sarita
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
We eat weird stuff, ya know?

(Really, Ray? Do tell!)

mommie4a
04-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I love Stonyfield's Mocha Latte yogurt. But coffee flavored is fine, too. Ever freeze it, then eat it?

Sarita
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Mmmm, I love Stonyfield's Chocolate Underground! Frozen is delish too!

Celeste
04-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Celeste here....

My probation has ended. I am no longer invisible! I can come out and play!
Although, I've always wondered what it'd be like to be invisible. So, it was quite
entertaining!

Can ya'll see me now??? :wag:

Susie
04-07-2005, 01:07 AM
You all are makin' me hungry. I'm gonna have me some chocolate cake.:) btw, does anyone know what happened to Dannon's chocolate Bokoo yogurt? It was sooooo good, but I never see it anymore.

Warm regards & Happy eatin', susie:)

Rob-rite
04-07-2005, 04:04 AM
(That's not what I heard, Sara. And I'm not telling... suffice it to say it involved some gerbils and chihuahuas.)

I'll have some yogurt, too. I just had some soup...

Where did you hear that Ray? I totally refute those allegations...

(And anyway they where hampsters and those chihuahuas deserved everything they got).

JennaGlatzer
04-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Damn, you people are perceptive.

Okay, Celeste is out of hiding. ;)

Rose
04-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Hi Celeste!

Since I'm the one who started this thread, I feel I should be one of the first out to say "hi."

I read a couple of your previously invisible threads, and you seemed to endure Global Ignore with good humor, so "Welcome Aboard!" I look forward to seeing you around here. And for what it's worth, I'm glad that a) you're not a poltergeist and b) I'm not going insane.

Celeste
04-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi Celeste!

Since I'm the one who started this thread, I feel I should be one of the first out to say "hi."

I read a couple of your previously invisible threads, and you seemed to endure Global Ignore with good humor, so "Welcome Aboard!" I look forward to seeing you around here. And for what it's worth, I'm glad that a) you're not a poltergeist and b) I'm not going insane.Today 08:51 PM

Hey there, Rose...

Yep! I've finally come out of hiding! Lol... It was pretty funny!
I was browsing around all day yesterday, just posting away,
thinking that I was participating in discussions, having a good ole'
time and then I saw this thread and thought.."Huh.."

So, I spent most of the day talking to myself! Lol... I was cracking
up when I'd post in this thread and you all would notice the numbers
jumping. So, yeah, it was entertaining!

But anyway...Thank you for the "Welcome Aboard". I didn't quite
want to make an entrance like I did. But looks as though every
one knows of "Celeste?" after this! Too funny!

I look forward to seeing you around too! Thanks again..

And I love your hound dog! Those ears are awesome! I have a couple
of fur babies myself. They're the best, aren't they?

Well, I'm off to make some more visible posts!

celeste :Ssh:

Celeste
04-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Oh yeah...Can't forget...

Thank you, Jenna! ;)

alanna
04-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Hiya Celeste! (I had something witty and slightly humorous to say a moment ago, but my exhausted brain has lost track of it. So now my only recourse is a simple Hiya. Forgive me. The ending of your silence deserves better! :))

-alanna

TemlynWriting
04-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Celeste here....

My probation has ended. I am no longer invisable! I can come out and play!
Although, I've always wondered what it'd be like to be invisable. So, it was quite
entertaining!

Can ya'll see me now??? :wag:

Welcome Celeste!!! So glad to see that you're still so cheerful after being "globally ignored." LOL! We're very glad to have you here, and I'm sorry about whatever it is that had you in that situation, since you seem as nice as can be already! :) Welcome!!!

TemlynWriting
04-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Welcome
Hi Celeste!

I read a couple of your previously invisible threads, and you seemed to endure Global Ignore with good humor, so "Welcome Aboard!" I look forward to seeing you around here. And for what it's worth, I'm glad that a) you're not a poltergeist and b) I'm not going insane.

I second this! :)

MacAllister
04-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Hereafter we shall be periodically taking volunteers to run amok through the AW forums making "ghost posts" until someone notices and asks about it.

It's how we tell who is paying attention.

But not for a while. This was quite enough excitement for a few days.

Welcome, Celeste.

Celeste
04-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Hiya Celeste! (I had something witty and slightly humorous to say a moment ago, but my exhausted brain has lost track of it. So now my only recourse is a simple Hiya. Forgive me. The ending of your silence deserves better! :))

-alanna

Hiya, alanna!

You're forgiven. I'm just glad that I'm receiving such a warm welcome,
considering...

Lol..;)

Welcome Celeste!!! So glad to see that you're still so cheerful after being "globally ignored." LOL! We're very glad to have you here, and I'm sorry about whatever it is that had you in that situation, since you seem as nice as can be already! :) Welcome!!!

Temlyn,

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I'm looking forward to getting to know
you all. You all seem so cheerful too! This oughta be fun.

This was quite enough excitement for a few days.

Welcome, Celeste.

MacAllister,

Lol..Yeah, it was wasn't it!

Thank you for the welcome!

Celeste :Ssh:

mommie4a
04-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Welcome Celeste - don't you look great in all your visibility!?

Enjoy.:hooray:

maestrowork
04-07-2005, 06:48 AM
Celeste, now you just need to strive to become a Beacon of Light or a shiny, shiny jewel like the rest of us.

Celeste
04-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome Celeste - don't you look great in all your visibility!?

Thank you, mommie4a!

Yeah, now I'm trying to decide on an avatar, so I can really be visible! Lol...

Celeste :Ssh:

Celeste, now you just need to strive to become a Beacon of Light or a shiny, shiny jewel like the rest of us.

maestrowork,

Oh...I'm already a shining jewel! Lol...;)

Which reminds me...I'm wondering how you all get the different member
slogans/sigs? (if that's what you call them. Couldn't think of what else to
call it) under your names. Do you all choose them, or does the board? I
notice most are all different.

reph
04-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I think you can have an avatar after you've posted 50 times. There are other milestones. A certain number of reputation points makes you "well respected," a greater number gives you a "spectacular aura," and on like that. At 100 rep points, you get a second green square (see the "two blobs" thread).

The thresholds for these honors would make a nice pinned topic in this forum. (Did the admins notice that?)

sthrnwriter
04-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey Celeste. Welcome. It's nice to be able to see you now.

As for being able to change your title, I think you have to have at least 50 posts to do that. After you get 50, you go to user cp and the click on edit profile. Theres a place on there that says Custom user title. Thats where you can change it.

I hope to see you around.

JennaGlatzer
04-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, reph, but it's more fun to keep people guessing, especially since I've added new levels. ;)

Galoot
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM
If I ever get admin privs, we'll have a global-ignore-for-everyone party. Whee! Nobody will be able to see anybody else's posts.

Come to think of it, that would be a good way to get me writing instead of reading.

KTC
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Well kick me and call me sore! It's Celeste...as I live and breathe. Welcome back from the dark side. It must have been cool to be a ghost in the machine!

Fractured_Chaos
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Celeste! It's Celeste! WooHoo! Hi Celeste! :hi: Glad to finally -see- you! (Okay, that was lame)

Welcome aboard! Looks like you're going to fit right in, too!

Rob-rite
04-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Well kick me and call me sore! It's Celeste...as I live and breathe. Welcome back from the dark side. It must have been cool to be a ghost in the machine!

You know, the more you think about it, there's an excellent story here isn't there? I can see it now: 'Ghost in the Machine' a phsychological horror tale full of intrigue, espionage and the imminent threat of global-warfare (ok, I realise it's 'ignore' but you know what those Hollywood excecs are like), starring Celeste as the misunderstood 'ghost' and various other ernest writer-types who like a bit of gossip once in a while.

Throw in a sub-plot about how the whole of Christianity being built upon a lie and maybe the secret coded meanings of Ronald Macdonald and the 'Golden Arches' conspiracy theory and you're on to a winner!

Whadya think?

TemlynWriting
04-07-2005, 08:04 PM
If I ever get admin privs, we'll have a global-ignore-for-everyone party. Whee! Nobody will be able to see anybody else's posts.

:roll:

Celeste
04-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by KTC

Lol...Yeah, I was the AW ghost for couple of days, eh? :wag:

It was fun! Kinda' frustrating but funny!

Thanks, KTC!

Originally posted by drgnlvr
Celeste! It's Celeste! WooHoo! Hi Celeste! :hi: Glad to finally -see- you! (Okay, that was lame)

Welcome aboard! Looks like you're going to fit right in, too!

Thank you, drgnlvr!

It's good to be seen! Lol...:Ssh:

Originally posted by Rob-rite
You know, the more you think about it, there's an excellent story here isn't there?

Whadya think?

Oh yeah! I'm writing about it right now! Lol..:Smack:

I'm just happy that everyone has been so friendly considering...

Celeste
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sthrnwriter

You know you're curious...So why resist temptation (http://journals.aol.com/sthrnwriter21/GhostStories)

I've bookmarked that link. I'm gonna' have to check it and read some. I love ghost stories!

Betty W01
04-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Wow, Celeste, way to stir up excitement! Welcome to visibility. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Celeste
04-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Wow, Celeste, way to stir up excitement! Welcome to visibility. Looking forward to getting to know you

Yeah, well...:Shrug:
Not quite the grand entrance I wanted to make. But yes, it's good to be visible!

I look forward to getting to know you, as well! So far, it's been fun. Kind of addicting!

You can probably tell by the number of my posts already I don't like to be kept in 'quiet mode'. Lol...;)

Thanks!

celeste

Betty W01
04-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Do be careful - AW boards can be addicting. If you don't watch out, before you know it you'll be spending hours in here trading posts with Mac and Ray and Jenna and racking up the green blobs, instead of attending to your WIP. (Not that Ray and Mac aren't working on their WIPs. You are, guys, aren't you? Or do I need to go tell Barb? We do know that Jenna is working on WIPs - several - we also know she doesn't sleep. How she pulls that off without caffeine, I'm not sure...)

And one other warning, Celeste - be sure to drape your keyboard with plastic before coming to AW. Otherwise, when you spew pop all over it after reading something funny, you'll have to replace it, and that gets expensive. Ask us how we know...

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/spit.gif

JenNipps
04-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Do be careful - AW boards can be addicting.

Now you tell me! :gone:

Celeste
04-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Otherwise, when you spew pop all over it after reading something funny, you'll have to replace it, and that gets expensive

I haven't spilled the pop yet, but there have been several times I'll have a ciggarette in my mouth and I'll bust out laughing and ashes go flying all over my keyboard. I've had to shake the ashes out quite a few times. And once the ciggarette went flying outta' my mouth from a burst of laughter and I burnt myself. Lol...:rolleyes:

And yes, this place IS addicting! :popcorn:

Good addiction, though!

Celeste
04-11-2005, 09:05 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage13/17.gif

(I found that smiley and just had to use it to end this thread. Lol...)