Happy Beltane!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
This is absolutely my favorite holiday. And it's in the 50s (not bad for Maine this time of year) and gorgeous out. Now if only I could have gotten the day off from work!

So, since I'm sitting here not even getting to go for a walk for lunch, :)cry:) I've got a little 'chant' sort of thingy I wrote just to keep my head in the right place, and I thought I'd share.

ETA: meh

If anyone else writes their own mantras/chants/etc. and feels like sharing, I'd love to hear (well, read, anyway). Help a girl out. I'm sitting here staring out the window and wishing I'd managed to get a vacation day...

Last edited:

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
The First of May!

My weekend is filled with Beltain celebrations. I'll be at the Yard Sale Season Opener (one way I celebrate the fisrt of spring), then I'm going to a hobby farm with friends on Saturday evening. Sunday, I'd usually be going to the Mayday Festival put on by the City of Minneapolis, but this year, I'm going to a bulldog picnic instead (I'm an organizer.) Later, though, I'll be going to another Beltain party.

It's the best weekend of he year!

Happy Mayday to all of you!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. How awful am I? I had the worst day in ages and it never registered with me that this is Beltane.

I swear, something was really in the air today around here for sure. Everyone I know had a rotten day. The Idiot Brigade was out in full force and every one of them was driving a car plus I waited at the drive through at Sonic for 17 minutes before finally asking for my money back so I could leave only to be snarled at by the ""lady" at the window. Work fell apart left and right, I learned that the cost of the food stamps I got 11 years ago (when my ex wasn't paying child support) were taken out of my tax refund this year to the tune of $632 because they have now determined that I wasn't eligible (i had no job, was living with my parents and getting no child support. Of course I wasn't eligible!)...oh and I'm sure there were other things that happened today. Trying to block it all out at this point!

I hope everyone else is having a better go of it!

Last edited:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes! My day of being stuck inside in meetings pales by comparison. I livened up the drudgery by deciding on the fly to get my hair chopped, so I left 30 minutes early and did that. My hairdresser was a bit startled. My husband more so, but to far better effect. :e2brows: And Locks of Love will now have some very straight, very strawberry hair to add to their collection.

The Idiot Brigade must be a national organization. I seem to get stuck in the Maine Chapter parade three days out of five.

Hope your day improves, Carole, or (if you're in my time zone and heading to bed) that tomorrow makes up for it.