Ever want to over-analyze everything an agent says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting is hard, we all know that. But a habit I've gotten into lately is rereading emails from agents and trying to figure out what they were thinking. Like for instance, two agents responded with a request for either a partial or a full, and said "if you are still seeking representation, I would like to see..."

And I just want to think "omg they think my writing is so well-done that I probably already have representation and they're too late." When that could just be a standard thing they say to everyone.

Anyway. Does anyone else do stuff like this to drive themselves nuts as they wait?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I throw all of my responses on the floor in a random pattern. Then I put on new age music and light scented candles. I throw loose tea leaves onto the agent responses while chanting my mantra. I then rub verbena lotion into my skin. Then I am ready. I roll amongst the tea leaves and letters for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the doorbell rings. That is when I reach enlightenment.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a recipie for lemon chicken.

I throw all of my responses on the floor in a random pattern. Then I put on new age music and light scented candles. I throw loose tea leaves onto the agent responses while chanting my mantra. I then rub verbena lotion into my skin. Then I am ready. I roll amongst the tea leaves and letters for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the doorbell rings. That is when I reach enlightenment.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I don't *want* to over-analyze agent's emails but it happens anyway. <g> Try not to let it drive you crazy.

Hang in there~

Status
Not open for further replies.