PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta reader for historical epic...

Doogs
05-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Hello there. I've recently "finished" editing my novel from 261,000 down to 183,000 words, but I think I can go even further. I'm looking for a beta to help identify cut points I may have missed thanks to being so close to the work for so long. Also any glaring flaws, etc, with the story and pacing.

About the book:

The Scourge of Rome is a historical novel set during the opening years of the Second Punic War, when nothing less than the survival of the Roman Republic was at stake. Among others, the story follows young Publius Scipio as he heads to war for the first time, and learns the reality is a far cry from his visions of triumph and glory.

Any and all takers...though familiarity with historical fiction is preferred.

GJB
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Doogs,
I've sent you a PM--let me know what you think. g.

Robert Earl Hazelett
05-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello Doogs.

My real name is Robert Earl Hazelett. I'm a 74 year old retired American now living and writing in the Philippines.

I see that you're requesting a beta reader for one of your works. I may be willing to do that. Please send 10,000 to 15,000 of your favorite words to

hazelett@gawab.com

I'll get back to you quickly and discuss the matter further. :^)

Bob Hazelett

On the forum I see a question you apparently posed to the crows here. The question asks how important life's experiences are to the writer of fiction.

My 74 years tell me that whatever happened to you or around you is all impoertant. It means EVERYTHING.

I choose not to become involved in a public discussion of the matter, but if you have an interest in my deep thoughts regarding the matter, contact me at hazelett@gawab.com

Bob