Plot to kill Jesus fails (yet again)

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I don't even want to read the article. It's too sad. I can't imagine what the kid went through in order to turn into someone who would say that.

At least, I'm sure, Jesus is relieved.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
This would make a great novel. lol

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
so he expected to go directly to Heaven after having committed a deadly sin. didn't do his research huh.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
While there is a humorous element to the story, there's nothing funny about a kid plotting to blow up his high school. At least, as a parent of children in school I don't find anything funny about it.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
so he expected to go directly to Heaven after having committed a deadly sin. didn't do his research huh.

not to mention the fact that I'm sure Jesus has a top notch set of bodyguards.

So, do you think this kid's plans have pretty much guaranteed that he's punched his ticket to hell?

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
reading the article... he ain't a chance in hell -- well maybe in Hell though I can't say just what kind of chance that might be. surely Satan already has a few right-hand goonies who must be way more experienced and unwilling to give up their dark-master-adjutant titles.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
While there is a humorous element to the story, there's nothing funny about a kid plotting to blow up his high school. At least, as a parent of children in school I don't find anything funny about it.

Neither do I. I also find it distinctly unhumorous that a kid could reach this level of psychosis (my interpretation--not a diagnosis) without someone catching it before this. Very, very sad--and thank the gods!-- a tragedy averted.

Prosecutors also played a 911 tape of the teen's mother calling police after he smashed his head into a wall two days before his arrest. On the tape, she says her son threatened to shoot police if they came.

"He's not going to do it," Laurie Sittler told the operator. "He's just got a bad temper."

The teen left but his mother was scared he would return, she said in the call. "He's planning to go to college and everything, but I don't know what to do," she said.

A sad testimony from a perplexed mother.

Last edited:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You have to be pretty far gone to think you can go to heaven for blowing up a school (committing suicide in the process) AND kill Jesus.

Gone enough to not actually know how to blow up a school, I'm surmising.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
You have to be pretty far gone to think you can go to heaven for blowing up a school (committing suicide in the process) AND kill Jesus.

well, I disagree. I think that he could have, and probably would have done it, had his Mom not intervened.

I feel for her. She had to be completely saddened and dismayed to find the stuff in his room. Then she had to have the courage to actually do something about it (and she did the right thing), and now she has to live with what she did (she probably will feel some guilt, along with relief) and she will always wonder if she could have done something else, in raising him that would have created a different outcome in his psychological make up. (who knows?)
Plus, she will probably have to put up with people who will say things to her that are wrong.

I really wonder what might have happened had this kid been a child of some other parents...the types who wouldn't have cared enough to do something. The types of parents who wouldn't have interfered. Or who never would have paid enough attention to have found the stuff in the first place.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
sanity not required to blow up the world. yup, the opposite of sanity is key.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
The mom has her son alive and hopefully he'll get help. Lots of other kids are alive too. As for the warped religious views, makes me wonder how that got into his head.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu

Judging from the amount of research they discovered in this kid's room, the 20lbs of explosive material mailed to him, and the comparison/contrast list of tested explosives and benefits to each this kid was more than capable of blowing up the school. What he wasn't capable of, apparently, was coping with the stresses of everyday life. I think that even as a layperson, this has got to be a serious mental illness issue.

The parents must have been heartbroken beyond belief to discover what their son's plans are--and to turn him in? Wow. That's amazing. But in the long run, they may have saved themselves even greater heartbreak--judging from what the Columbine shooters' parents have experienced and had to live through. These parents prevented a tragedy, despite the tragedy that struck right at the very heart of their family.

You have to admit--in that aspect at least they are amazing people. They might have been clueless about their son up to that point, but when it mattered they thought of the greater good and not just 'what people might think."

Extraordinary.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Nah. Wait long enough and they all fall asleep.

the kid never would have gotten that far in the first place. You don't think that St. Peter at the Golden Gate is going to give this kid a patting down and find out that he's packing heat?

come on! Heaven, so far, has a perfect safety record. 'We have _____ number of days with NO accidents on this site!'

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
The mom has her son alive and hopefully he'll get help. Lots of other kids are alive too. As for the warped religious views, makes me wonder how that got into his head.

well, i suppose it really couldve been anything from wanting to recreate a scene from a video game to being inspired by marylin manson. someone's disturbed enough it doesnt take much to twist their sense of reality.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
given his thorough research on explosives (which at the very least proves some ability for cold-blooded planning) i am puzzled as to how he thought he could kill Jesus... obviously he believed Jesus is either dead or immortal or both since he expected to find him in Heaven... yet he expected to be able to kill him?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very sad.

Maybe he had someone else in mind and didn't understand that the J is pronounced like an H and the emphasis is on the second syllable.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, he really sounds disturbed. Smashing your own head into a wall is not an indication of sanity, really.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, he really sounds disturbed. Smashing your own head into a wall is not an indication of sanity, really.

It doesn't mean you're insane, either. Lots of other things going on with that guy, for sure, though.

I'm glad they stopped him before something really awful happened.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
given his thorough research on explosives (which at the very least proves some ability for cold-blooded planning) i am puzzled as to how he thought he could kill Jesus... obviously he believed Jesus is either dead or immortal or both since he expected to find him in Heaven... yet he expected to be able to kill him?

And even if he did manage to somehow kill Jesus....where did he think Jesus would go after he died....Heaven again?

Very sad.