PDA

View Full Version : First Thread!

Yeshanu
04-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Yay! The very first thread in a brand new forum!

(Anyone have any recipes for lake trout?)

reigningcatsndogs
04-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I just cooked up a rainbow last night!!!

Filleted it, spread both sides with

melted butter
lemon juice
white wine
lemon zest (okay, I used oranges cause that's what I had in the house)
garlic
pepper
chives

set it on foil, skin side down, and onto a hot barbeque for about 15 minutes -- melted in the mouth!

StephanieFox
04-29-2008, 01:02 AM
I usually simply dust lightly with seasoned flour and cook in a mixture of butter and olive oil. Lake trout is a very good fish.

TerzaRima
04-29-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm closely reading all these tips. I'm pretty good in the kitchen, but I seem to have a fish learning disability (aqualexia? salmonosia?) and I need remediation. Last week's tilapia was not fit for the dog.

tjwriter
04-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I do this killer thing with tilapia that I made up one day while I was pregnant, hungry and bored. At least I think it is killer. I'll have to share it later.

This is going to be such a killer forum. I'd even be half tempted to volunteer to mod it. Just don't tell Mac. I'd hate to wake up one day with boot marks all over me and a shiny new shock collar.

SPMiller
04-29-2008, 02:15 AM
My rainbow preparation is much like reigningcatsndogs'...

Gut, dehead, do not remove skin, do not debone
Stuff with: sliced onion, sliced lemon, minced garlic, butter
Brush skin with butter
Wrap completely in foil
Grill

I'm not much of a fish eater, but if I have to eat it at all, that's how I do it.

Yeshanu
04-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Thanks, all. Unfortunately, we don't have a BBQ, but we'll try grilling in the oven. SPMiller's recipe looks like it's do-able, and we just bought lemons. :)

writin52
04-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Sesame Trout
4-1/2 lb pan dressed trout
1/4 c. salad oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt(optional)
Dash of pepper

Wrap fish tail with greased tin foil(so it won't burn),if you wish to serve it with the tail on. Place fish on well-greased wire basket, or a suitable length of chicken wire. Combine ingredients. Brush fish inside and out with mixture. Wrap in wire and grill, about 5 inches from medium hot coals. Allow 10 min per inch thickness of fish. Baste remaining sauce over fish during the cooking, turning the fish only once. Seves 4
This comes from what I consider the best fish and game cookbook ever!