• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new on AbsoluteWrite and am looking for an honest assessment for a fairly long mainstrem thriller. Brief synopsis to follow:

Mitch Weatherby is at the top of his game. He has a wonderful wife and a job he loves as a nuclear scientist at Los Alamos. Until Federal agents raid his house, kill his wife, and imprison him for conspiring to build a nuclear bomb in his basement. But he is innocent, and he knows it. So when North Korean operatives abduct him from the jaws of prison and whisk him away to a secret lab in the hermit kingdom he would be thankful if he weren't so terrified, for he knows what they want. Yet they are nothing like he thought they would be, industrious, hard working, and... oppressed. After all, didn't his previous opinion of them come from the same government that murdered his wife and railroaded him? Grieving and bitter, he finds himself helping them without ever having said yes. Only when he meets Hyon-hui a fanatical, but beautiful, North Korean chemist does his frigid heart soften and he begin to see that not everything is what it seemed.

It is called, THE SILLA PROJECT and it is pretty darn long. About 200,000 words at last count. But it is a true epic with years of research that transport the reader into the heart of the most totalitarian society ever to arise on our world. And open a window into the most terrifying technology ever mastered by man. A tech/thriller/romance. Pretty well polished, minimal typos, grammar edited.

PM if you are interested and let me know if you'd like to see it all, partial, etc.

-MM

I'm currently in the middle of a word cutting rewrite. Will be ready in a few weeks.

Last edited:

newshirt

Almost competint
Registered
Reaction score
I have just finished the first fifty pages of this book (about 18K words), and I am shocked.

This is the best material I have ever encountered. No exaggeration. In fifty pages, the worst mistake I could find was a missing hyphen and an extra space at the end of one line. And those may be debatable.

I would like to ask that some real authors, with real connections to high-powered publishers, take a look at this. It is beyond my ability to critique. I feel this is a million-dollar book and should be seriously considered for publication.

Anyone with those connections?

--ray

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any connections, but I'll read it. More activity might lure someone in. I want to know what a Million dollar novel looks like in beta--

Status
Not open for further replies.