Yes! One of my smaller dreams have come true!

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
In my town there's this little shop called "Dyagon" (yep, they mispelled the place from Harry Potter), and it's run by a Wiccan family. I was one of the first customers there when they opened three years ago, and I've been a regular there ever since. Well, yesterday they asked me if I'd like to work with them once they opened another shop- I've been wanting to work for that shop FOREVER, but they only hire people they've known for a while and can trust (thus why they usually only hire family). Their asking me means that they not only trust me, but that I get to work at the store that I've loved to death since it opened.

Once they open their other shop, I'll be helping out Dyagon and they specifically want me to work all of the herbs and other natural magicks stuff. I'm so thrilled I could run a marathon and then some. It's a damn good day!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like both a fine compliment and a great opportunity for some folding money. Good for you!

Maryn, whose kids had certain stores they'd have worked in for free

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
That sounds like both a fine compliment and a great opportunity for some folding money. Good for you!

Maryn, whose kids had certain stores they'd have worked in for free
It's easily the best thing that's happened to me this year, aside from that time in Vegas with the Jack Daniels and the vaccuum attachments :)D).

I've actually been helping them for free the entire time they've been here. I literally consider that place my second home, and I've helped them stock stuff, clean up, reorganize stuff, etc etc for years. I'll just finally be getting paid for it :)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz, Tsuki. I'm happy for you and I hope you love every minute of it.

Savez yer penniez, learn bunches, have your own place one day. (So I can come work for you in my older old age.) :)

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
But, don't work for free! You are worth at LEAST standard retail wages. Maybe more...

Get paid what you are worth.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Awesome, Tsuki! I hope you have a great time there. And yeah, get paid :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
That's great, Tsuki. Sort of like me waitressing at a sushi bar during my teen years.

"Just pay me in Spicy Tuna handrolls, please..."

Congrats. :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, I know the feeling you have and it's awesome! Mr. Vagabond and I frequented a great Botanica in Orlando when we lived there. We always bought our candles and herbs there and anything else groovy that caught our eyes. One day, shortly after I quit my horrible job at Books a Million, I wandered in to the Botanica just to browse because I was totally broke. The chick at the counter and I started chatting and I mentioned that I was out looking for a job. She knew me as a semi-regular at the shop and she said that they were looking for part time help. She had me sign my name and put my birthdate on a piece of paper and said she'd have the owner throw out the cowrie shells and do a reading on me to see if I was "ok". A week later, I had a job. A month later, I had HER job as the manager of the shop. She had a falling out with the owner and bolted.

So I totally feel your excitement. Magic shops are a wonderful place to work. You're just surrounded with it all day! Congratulations!

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tsuki, I know the feeling you have and it's awesome! Mr. Vagabond and I frequented a great Botanica in Orlando when we lived there. We always bought our candles and herbs there and anything else groovy that caught our eyes. One day, shortly after I quit my horrible job at Books a Million, I wandered in to the Botanica just to browse because I was totally broke. The chick at the counter and I started chatting and I mentioned that I was out looking for a job. She knew me as a semi-regular at the shop and she said that they were looking for part time help. She had me sign my name and put my birthdate on a piece of paper and said she'd have the owner throw out the cowrie shells and do a reading on me to see if I was "ok". A week later, I had a job. A month later, I had HER job as the manager of the shop. She had a falling out with the owner and bolted.

So I totally feel your excitement. Magic shops are a wonderful place to work. You're just surrounded with it all day! Congratulations!
I'm glad I'm not the only person who's had a reading done on them like an interview. Even though they knew me very well, they still wanted to do a reading to make sure that hiring me was a good option. It turned out very well :D Now, I just have to wait until they finish up the other shop, and I'll be in heaven. Until then, I'm just going to do what I always do and practically live in the shop (especially now that they're already giving me the employee discount just because they like me. "Here's some incense, and take the book for free!")

I cant wait to start. You're right about being surrounded with the stuff- it's an amazing little shop and despite its size, it has some really impressive things in it. Their herbs are priced so well, and they have so many- and the books!- so many tarot cards, too, and adorable little cauldrons and incense burners! They even have one entire huge shelf devoted to nothing but oils, ointments, balms- everything! I think I'll explode before I'm employed :D

Last edited: