Editor passes manu. to another editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleTree76

Registered
Reaction score
An editor passed my manuscript to another editor within their company a month ago saying that my project wasn't really their kind of thing, that it was better suited for this editor. What do you guys make of it? That was a month ago...should I email?

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd think that was a good thing. If there wasn't any interest at all, it probably would have been rejected. If you didn't acknowledge the switch back then, I don't think I would now (a month isn't really that long - give it at least six weeks and then send a brief e-mail). My opinion. Puma

Redhedd

Demon Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto waiting. The exact same thing happened to me. My agent sent my ms to one editor, she wrote back and said it totally wasn't her thing at all, however she thought it might be right up the alley of another editor she worked with. A couple of months later my agent called to tell me that the second editor had made an offer for it and the sequel. So, the fact that the first editor who read your ms didn't kick it to the curb immediately is extremely good news! Basically she can see that the writing is solid, but since it isn't her "thing" she can't judge the market. Good luck, and I would suggest waiting at least 3 months before sending a polite note.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto to all the above. Excellent sign. Wait another 6 to 8 weeks.

AppleTree76

Registered
Reaction score
I guess you all are correct, if they get back to me great! If not, DAMN!

Status
Not open for further replies.