I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of wood you're wantin' to polish. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
When I polish my wood, I find an aloe based cream works best. Rub it in nice and slow at first, then quicken your pace until the wood is saturated and gleaming with approval. Try it on a small area first to make sure the wood responds positively to your ministrations.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Maryn covers her mouth with both hands to keep herself from blurting the obvious.]

Dust it with anything. Use a dust-gathering product like Endust if you like, or nothing but a clean rag (I'm sure SilverKing will donate his old undies), and try a cheap paintbrush to get into the carvings. Then apply lemon oil (several companies make it; they're all the same) with a clean soft cloth and let it stand for a good 20 or 30 minutes. Wipe away what the wood didn't absorb.

Either throw out the lemon-oil rag or launder it in really hot water, if you do that sort of thing. I keep the same one in a sandwich bag and use it over and over.

Maryn, not exactly Suann Nivens

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find that old underwear does the trick. The older it is, the softer. And soft is good (for most things).

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
When I polish my wood, I find an aloe based cream works best. Rub it in nice and slow at first, then quicken your pace until the wood is saturated and gleaming with approval. Try it on a small area first to make sure the wood responds positively to your ministrations.

shocked.jpg

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft. Old underwear at my house simply disappears and fresh new undies appear in the drawer like magic. Soccer Dad and the boys still believe in the underwear fairy, yanno.

(Not to mention the dish fairy who transports things downstairs and pops them in the dishwasher).

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
30 years ago, Ol' Boy and I promised we'd never have to buy each other underwear. Saved my having to try to figure out his size and his losing his life over trying to figure out mine - and getting it right. Or worse... too big!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The most important question is what are you planning to set on top of the piece of furniture after you've polished it? Your answer varies accordingly.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Get yourself a pair of microfiber gloves and a can of minwax and go to town, woman!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This sounds very naughty to me.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OFG is gonna be sorry she started this thread.