PDA

View Full Version : Help. No clue what I'm doing.

WendyNYC
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Please tell me what's missing in my new blog (http://wendypinkstoncebula.blogspot.com/). I just created it today and will welcome any comments. I'm certain it needs work. :)

Lyra Jean
04-26-2008, 08:34 PM
I think it's good and if something slips about your girls or whatnot I don't think it would be a big deal especially if it doesn't become your focus.

My blog is nothing but recipes but I'm planning on starting another blog eventually probably when I launch my freelancing or my attempt at freelancing anyways.

melodychef
05-31-2008, 07:44 AM
I like your picture of the city. Thanks for the chance to share favorite authors. You have an easy going writing style, personable. I think people will want to read the things you have to say.

veinglory
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Overall it looks nice and you seem to be getting comments. the banner picture is great but you could make the wording on it a lot bolder. Also that brown template is a bit overuse and clashed with the banner. You might trying going into 'layout' and customising the colours a bit? Just a thought.

WendyNYC
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks, everyone. I'm going to tinker with it and see if I can change the colors a bit. I have zero talent for decorating, whether it be my apartment, myself, or my blog, so we will have to see how it goes.

jerrywaxler
07-02-2008, 01:41 AM
I like the look of your blog, and the writing. In fact I like it a lot. The only constructive thought I would offer or ask is "What is the throughline, that is going to carry you and your reader through an extended period of time?"

I'm not even asking that question as a criticism. If you like the way it is now and can keep it up, that's terrific. I personally tend to think blogs work better with a little more structure and definition around what they will cover. This way you can get a following along the line of your special interest and stick with it.

It's just food for thought. Thanks for sharing your work.

Jerry

WendyNYC
07-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks, Jerry. My plan was to start blogging just before I attended a two week writer's conference (July 16), and then I could blog each day during the conference. Until then, I've been trying to keep it more about writing and less about my personal life. But right now I have a couple of memes up, so it certainly doesn't seem that way at all!